Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen: Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Now post my reply to the Remind Me! as well please :-)

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Sickening posted:

It still seems weird that someone would pay 10 bucks to post ONLY about star citizen here.

Even weirder than someone paying 10 bucks only to be able to read here? Oh drat...

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

"Failure is not an option" sounds like a threat

Star Citizen: Failure is not an option, it's a fact

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Guys, isn't it obvious? Clearly CIG was able to do things with CryEngine that CryTek only could dream of. So, this is their way to get their own engine back, upgraded and enhanched and all. It's a brilliant move. Now Chris will get Amazon involved as well, because Amazon doesn't want to lose the benefits of the enhancements made by CIG as well. How can you not see this? Clearly you don't know anything about game development. Derek is just spreading FUD. Again!

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Oh for the love of god, will you guys stop posting? I. Just. Can't.Keep.Up.

Please? Pretty Please?

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Crazypoops posted:

Some music for getting through the thread today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wxI4KK9ZYo

Somehow, although it being good music, it doesn't feel right. This thread right now needs some serious poo poo with 180 BPM at least. Some hardcore on dope kinda.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

notoriousman posted:

Well, I have chosen the absolute worst time to skip to the end of the thread.

Anyone have a link to the page where it starts?

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

serious norman posted:

is the game out yet?

2 weeks. For real this time. Derek is currently typing a blog about it.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

No, that's to creepy (the first one). More like this I guess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYgnzKol6bY

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

SomethingJones posted:

Hmmm reminds me of far too many very strange nights and very odd early mornings trying to find which multiverse I left the part of my brain that remembers who I am and what all this is

That last track I posted there is my very favourite Squarepusher track Tetra Sync - it is cleansing - let it fill you and move you

Feels like it's having the right beat though. Like this thread, going places at the speed of light.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Hell yeah! That's how the thread feels. Derek has brought us life. Again!

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Blue On Blue posted:

Skipping ahead a few dozen pages to ask

- if cig is found to have breached their agreement with crytek , would that mean all the money they received from the UK government to make a game be due to be returned ?

Technically it sounds like to me the game they are making is going to be legally poo poo canned , so all that government hand out money would be deemed to not be cigs since they essentially lied to obtain it

I don't think so. They get tax benefits for creating/maintaining jobs. They did create jobs and paid those people salaries. It's not that they claimed to create jobs, got the tax credit, but never actually did create the jobs.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen - Lawsuit special contingency sale

Quote honestly stolen from Reddit user SeychelloisTrembles

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

MinorInconvenience posted:

Sorry, I don't speak gutter languages. :cheers:

I don't too, but that one definitely rings a bell for a Freak. And all the best freaks are here :-)

Slàinte mhath!

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

SomethingJones posted:

From the FDev forum
This is from user 'ZeeWolf' posted in response to a question about Erin's comment that they'd bought the engine outright. This is all over my head e: but seems to be saying that the license is perpetual? As in you don't get to terminate it?

No, you buy the right to use the product (code). As long as the code company exists, you have to pay them for the license. Now, if the code company were to fall over, you have build a product based on code from a company that no longer can support/maintain that code. That will kill your business as well in the long run. In case that happens, you have the right to use the code as were it your code. So even if the original code company doesn't exist anymore, you can add, change, upgrade etc. the code yourself. But you can't do that as long a the original code company exists. Is basically a guarantee that you can use somebody elses code without risking you company along the way too.

This might has been a guess that Chris took. If CryTek would go bankrupt, he could have continued to use his custom CE code without having to pay for it. That's probably why he didn't pay them, just waiting for them to fall over and having an engine for free. When Amazon saved CryTek, Chris knew he was hosed and had to pay CryTek. By switching to Lumberyard, he tried to avoid those costs. Probably.

mjotto fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 14, 2017

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen: Crytek can suck my Lumberyard

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Themesong for today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXW_dHd42pY

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

1500 posted:

Why does that look like the cat reincarnation of Derek?

Now why on earth would you want to insult a cat?

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

At least he acknowledged you being right. How many who don't get their money back will do the same? Joe Blobers for sure, but others?

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Hav posted:

Legal counsel is not sexually transmitted.

But it's a paid for service too, right?

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

....and picks it to pieces to salvage what little talent they had into their own ecosystem

Even that is not going to happen. The only people who believe that CIG actually is worth anything are those idiotic backers still refusing to see that our one and only lord and saviour was right. Nobody at Amazon gives a gentle caress about Star Citizen.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Kosumo posted:

Well I for one, always knew this was going to tank hard (just not like that).

Star Citizen: It's going to tank hard

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen: Sunk Cost Galaxy is delayed, metaphorically

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
BREAKING!

3.0 PTU has been opened to all backers!

Merry Christmas everybody!

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
They did something with Foundry42 as well: Previous accounting period shortened from 31 December 2017 to 30 June 2017.

There's no time to do a livestream. We have to cook the books!

mjotto fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 22, 2017

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
There's already some anticipation banter in the Twitch chat going on. So I asked

mjotto: How many FPS for the stream?

Got a quick reponse:

You are permanently banned from talking in starcitizen.

Star Citizen: You are permanently banned from talking in starcitizen.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
WTF am I looking at? A new world record challenge in boredom?

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen: It only needs a little gameplay

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen: The endless stream into eternal boredom

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
So VISA just called. Why did I max out my card until the end of 2018 in the last hour?

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen: it's time for two watches

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Well, better hurry up now. The Holiday Special Sale is up!

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

his nibs posted:

Hello space friends..

Just caughtupwiththethread.gif over a few days on the mobile on intermittent wifi whilst travelling abroad.

So if I've got this right:

3.0 has been released to all backers and is jank filled gently caress fest
A delayed SQ42 trailer/gameplay thing has been released and is pretty in places with some good music, but has no game play
There has been an abundance of rubbing

There has been so much rubbing that the term dry rub now has new meaning.

Star Citizen: the ultimate dry rub galaxy

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

mjotto fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 28, 2017

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Kosumo posted:

A refund or a rubfund?

A rerubfund would be best.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

:lol: That link is blocked by ESET as being probably phising. Because of attempts to fill out personal and/or creditcard information.

Star Citizen: even ESET thinks it's a scam

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Oh yes, he is: read here

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Galarox posted:

points for whoever translates the latin tag I put in the shop :)

Plaudite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Galarox posted:

honourable mention to mjotto who got it but didn't translate (plaudite translates as applause, the traditional exhortation to Roman Audiences at the end of a play) and Ponzi who translated it as "Drama" but, my understanding is that it translates more directly to "play" hence... uncle Derek wins the internet points. lol.

I let Derek win, since he has been losing on all fronts basically the whole of 2017. And I'm hoping for a free LOD key in return. After he's back from Disneyworld of course.