Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Jason Sextro posted:

CR will probably have SQ42 engineered so that trying to avoid his cutscenes will brick your computer

I remember when the citizens were calling for StarCitizen.exe to monitor all other processes running on the same computer and block any alternate VoIP capability to ensure only in game communications were used to preserve the immersion (can't have players talking from different star systems via teamspeak).

Looks like they'll get their wish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

JugbandDude posted:

This makes a lot of sense and would fit perfectly with CIG tactics so far. My only guess is that they haven't been able to accomplish it, no matter how easy it might seem.

I would think they could accomplish it, but with a 5 minute QTE for the 'jump' to provide enough time for the new system to load, and they probably think even the die hard fans won't put up with that.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Beet Wagon posted:

I've introduced beets to a couple friends who swore up and down they hated them based on some half remembered thing from their childhood only to realize they are actually doubleplus good. Memories are funny that way.

True Australian burgers have beet on them.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Hav posted:

Gonna admit complete ignorance on bowfishing. How does that work?

You bow to the fish before you destroy them with your mastery of the blade.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Beet Wagon posted:

How is there not a loving full-scale revolt going on over the fact that some dude who gave them 12 grand to make a game could potentially be banned and lose everything before the game even leaves alpha?

Would be hilarious if there was a ban with no refund based on video evidence, but the video evidence was really a difference in state between client and server due to latency (so the recording client shows wallhax, but the server or other client would show clear line of sight).

Maybe if they ban everyone, they can stop trying to deliver a game, or alternately offer a cheater's buyback package to unlock their account again.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
Best pizza is home cooked, just like MoMA used to make.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I love the arbitrary numbers in this project

FIFTY missions

A HUNDRED star systems

Is 100 systems more fun than 99 systems? I guess 99 isn't enough but 100, well that's just about the biggest number I ever heard of huh so it must be sufficient. 101, we start to spread ourselves too thin. How about making one? :newlol:

Original and Veteran backers are entitled to the 50 mission stretch goal, plus the 16 mission "Behind Enemy Lines" expansion.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

alf_pogs posted:

build the wall of trump with the bricks of star citizen backer's poo poo

this is some strange new allegory that i don't understand

CIG are building a wall and they're going to make Frontier pay for it.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Amarcarts posted:

I seem to remember ultimately we were promised 70 missions in Squadron 42.

Mission 1: Watch the 12 minute Admiral's speech without skipping the QTE.
Mission 2: Watch the 36 minute "Old Man" briefing without skipping the QTE.
Mission 3: Write a review on IMDB, RottenTomatoes, etc on the awesomeness of the acting portrayed by the role 'Pusher'.
Etc.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

DapperDon posted:

Why not? Your rep is.

:iceburn:

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm just waiting for the wood table to be replaced with a tiled image of a Krispy Kreme box lmao

The wood table was sourced from a Lumberyard.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

CIG won't offer partial refunds, because there would be an overwhelming wave of people who would decide to only keep one or two of their more special ships on their account and stay in the game, and refund the rest of their 'investment'.

CIG need to ensure they realise that there is a 'risk' that if they refund now, when SC is released and is the most awesome game that there ever could be then they will have to buy back in with a lowly plebmobile while all the other backers who kept the faith fly around in their fleet of blingchariots.

Trying to generate the mindset that "if I refund now, I will be SO far behind everyone else when the game launches. Better to not get a refund and stay in the game."

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Kosumo posted:

E: I have catte (very bad catte, bites to much to often) pictures but am unsure how to post them, if someone could explain in a non CIG tutorial type way, I shall pay my tax.

Here is how:

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

TheAgent posted:

oh you just thought I said I worked there

Were you expecting narrative consistency from a Star Citizen backer?

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Kosumo posted:

You are a Goon; What would you do?

The year is 2975 CIG time (2026 our time), Star Citizen has been released for over 18 months now and after it taking a year for the goons to get back in and form an Org, Derek Smart, Citizen, has lead you and his warband to take the first Bengal Carrier for the Org.
Do you -

A - Apply to work on the flight deck, dancing ships into space, only to be reveled to have worse dance moves than Rebecca Black (or a roadkill hedgehog).

B - Start a poll to change the name of the ship from "My July Blog Post" to "Let Me Fucken Finish" only to cheerlead for the later to then turn around and back stab all those who supported the change and call for them to be TubeJetted (the space version of walking the plank where people are jetted out the torpedo tube).

C - Leave the Goon Org to travel the verse alone, looking for the lost pgabz, who was last seen naked space walking into a worm hole only to not come out the other end, some believe due to his edited config files.

D - Apply to work in the Engineering Department only to keep routing all the power away from the Galley whenever the Chief advise that tonight's pizza will have pineapple on it.

E - Constantly stand in front of the pilot, block his view, spamming "Just Ram It" both on voice coms and chat.

F - Hide in a create. Always.

G - Try to change 'the inevitable result of piracy' to mean being doxed and having all your family photos, photo shopped to have all your family replaced with Sandi and Chris.

H - Hack the in game 'Star Marine' to be Line of Defence

I - Offer to run the ship on the late shift when one on else is online, only to then reveal that your are in fact Moma/Toast and you are taking this Bengal Carrier in the name of the late Lesnick.

J - Organize the whole ships crew to all have their personal sprays as part of a larger picture of Kayak and then repaint the whole ship with them.

K - Smuggle aboard a bulldozer and pretend to be Chris Robert and bulldoze all the best Goon ships off the flight deck while smiling and giving the thumbs up.

L - Apply to the Goon council for funds now that we have a Bengal Carrier, to start an official Goon jazz quartet to play "Full Burn" as we fly into battle.

M - Promote the rule that you must always spend your first 10 minutes of play time when you logged in, doing calisthenics on one of the flight deck, a limbered up Goon is a good Goon.

N - On the first hostile engagement after taking control of the ship, get on the intercom and repeatedly yell "SILENT RUNNING, THEY CAN HEAR US, SHUT UP GOONS"

O - Ask the nurse to up your meds because there is no way Star Citizen would be out by 2026 and you have become delusional again.

This 'You are a Goon; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDDSSE.

Thank you.

CIG time is 930 years ahead of real - so 2975 CIG would actually be 2045 real. And Star Citizen still won't be out.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

IrvingWashington posted:

Hello SC thread. My dog died yesterday. Osteosarcoma. She was only with us for 5 1/2 wonderful years. Remember to call your dogges. They love you and want you to have all the fidolety you can handle.

That is a nice dogge/reindogge. I am sorry for your loss.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

TheAgent posted:

To get that into a fully working state for 20+ hours of mocap, I'd say that's three to five years of work across art and programming teams, after the principle mocap shoot was completed.

But with 365 people, that works out at about 3-5 elapsed days. /s

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Still broken. Turns out I would have been fine just buddy splinting it and skipping out on the ER visit, but it was good to go in case things were worse. I already stopped taking pain meds and so long as I wear rigid shoes and don't do anything dumb it's fine.

So you're not going to reinvest in Star Citizen?

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

ripptide posted:

So, just curious.....anyone else expect to see Toast get catapulted out of the couch a la Wiley Coyote when Ben plopped down?

No? Just me?

That would have been cut. They can't let us see what sort of belt Toast is wearing.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
In other news, Elite:Dangerous delivers the Constellation with P52 snub fighter before CIG, even though it was never within the original scope of E:D.

http://i.imgur.com/GRHxG0t.gifv

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

D_Smart posted:

whoa!! I missed that! Do you have a link to the YT vid?

Not sure if it is the source vid, but you can see more angles here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m5JCiwxJe50

Constellation Cat Taxxe

radd fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 28, 2017

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

DapperDon posted:

And the reason I am just fine with that is because Frontier does not beg for donations through public funding or kickstarter or concept jpeg sales. They released a solid game and have paid for its development under their own steam. To me that shows they have earned their place in the market and do not have to tell us anything other than "here is a new update to keep the game growing." I may not be a hotshot egghead game dev, but to me, that is what I would call the right way of doing it.

Not sure if serious: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Mu77ley posted:

The Kickstarter was used partially to gauge interest, and the base game cost between £8-9 million, meaning the majority of development money came from FDev themselves.

I definitely think Frontier have done an exceptional job, and significantly exceeded the vast majority of their goals from the Kickstarter (let's not mention private servers), but Star Citizen also claimed they were gauging interest from Kickstarter and the rest of the money was going to come from other investors.

Frontier have done it they way it should be done (even communicating bad changes/undeliverable promises like private servers, communication that inXile is now getting roasted for failing at). CIG have made a lot of money and delivered nothing of substance.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Handeling makes sense, since Chris thinks he's the Messiah.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Xaerael posted:

Shouldn't it be 'e'se?

Don't you know I'm loco?

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
Way back, when limited Alpha slots were a thing, one of the stretch goals was an increase in Alpha slots (read: don't want to stop new money coming in), and the reason was they were going to use the increase in funding to implement more servers including one in Australia.

There were lots of Australian backers that pledged or increased their existing stake because of this, since we are a long way from anywhere and have notoriously bad latency in games. An online game with Australian servers is a rare thing indeed.

However, when they did add server expansion, our 'Australian server' ended up being located in Singapore, and many backers were really pissed off with this.

Quite a few of the refunded Aussies have used a breaking of this promise as justification under Australian Consumer Law for a refund, since is is a clear documented promise that CIG made and had already delivered in a manner contrary to the promise.

I wonder if this new Australian server is implemented as a means to push back against Australians refunding on this basis.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Xaerael posted:

It totally won't be, but my dream scenario is that it's a Firefly Space sim, so all the shitlords that bought into Star Citizen to live out their Malcolm Reynolds fantasies get all twisted up in their poor consumer decisions.

Frontier's new IP is about a lone man in a wheelchair, and his battle to overcome an Iron. Clad. TOS.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Its because Steam doesn't let you. Most speeds over 25 are pointless for downloading off the net.

This is not true. Steam is one of the few sources that lets me download at 9+MB/s.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

aleksendr posted:

I want my Escapism to be LESS escapist and more REAL. WAAA !

And 50% of the time, X is not even a good idea for a game, like space farming or the mile high club.

Of course - Citizens don't like The Escapist, so less is better.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hellion literally does everything with components, ship systems, and EVA that SC promised to do.

So - what is to stop CIG offering say $10m to the Hellion guys, release it as Star Citizen and say that is the MVP, job done, and Chris can spend the rest of the money for mocapping scenes that will pad out some Hellion scripted missions and call it Squadron 42?

The backers will never know.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. Also, he probably needed to get out urgently because he could very well have sold the other $2K in ships on the Black market. Unless of course they were worthless; seeing as the Black market has pretty much collapsed now.

Could be that his entire list of ships were all account bound after being traded, so the whole account was all or nothing.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

AP posted:

ARENA COMMANER | ENEMY CAN SHOOT THROUGH ROCKS - SINGLEPLAYER

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Enter singpleplayer pirate swarm
2 hide behind rocks

ACTUAL RESULT
Enemy can shoot through rocks

EXPECTED RESULT
Every weapons should not be able to shoot through rocks

Mining lasers already in game, mining coming Soon(tm).

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

quote:

GamesCom - 2017

For those of you who joined us in Cologne last year, you will be happy to hear that our plans for this year are very similar at this stage, including a live show at the Gloria Theater. Click here for more information including when the tickets go on sale.

So - more lies, another fake tech demo that bears no relation to the actual state of the game, more promises that won't be met, more delays?

Can't wait!

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
Star Citizen: No Smart in thread

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

I love how they KNEW they would leave a trace if they tried to photoshop away the bow.

They KNEW they would be found out and called out.

So they dropped a loving huge oval over the bow to make it go away and not be Hello Kitty.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

SC MODS.

State/County Municipal Offender Data System.

SCMODS.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
At least one space game has managed to get doors working.

https://gfycat.com/MammothDifferentGhostshrimp

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

thatguy posted:

It's in the secret developer build you idiot. Stop being so impatient.

No - LOD is the secret Star Citizen developer build, Derek and Croberts have been colluding in front of us the whole time!

Get woke, sheeple!

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Jobbo_Fett posted:

BINGO! I GOT A BINGO!

Occam's Razor says that you're Quilnux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress