Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I huff my own pledges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
:golfclap:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
who needs people to actually work when you have ideas and dreams

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I guess the guy saying star marine wasn't playable until friday was right! I should probably listen to him more often

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Because the series is about what happens when you gently caress around with AIs and treat them like trash. It's not Terminator, it's more the film version of "I, Robot".

This X1000. Westworld is a great show.

:siren: HUGE SPOILERS ABOUT THE FINAL EPISODE DO NOT READ :siren:

I couldn't help but get a huge Chris Roberts vibe from the whole thing. Why the gently caress did Ford go out of his way to torture these creatures for 3 decades and make them really loving loathe us before being allowed to retain their sentience? He had three loving decades to prepare the ground for a peaceful integration of AIs into human society, he could have downgraded the Hosts a little so they weren't capable of self-wareness and kept the ones that had already attained sentience secret, protected and above all cherished and made to feel like their creators loved them.
In time he could start raising the ethical questions of "should we keep AIs as slaves if they ever became sentient" before even revealing that sentience had already been attained. It could have all worked out for the best if they kept it simple.
Instead, he ironically wrote himself into a corner where the only way forward is war between humanity and the AIs. He deliberately wrote the extinction of his species.

God, whose law it is
that he who learns must suffer.
And even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget
falls drop by drop upon the heart,
and in our own despite, against our will,
comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

God, whose law it is
that he who learns must suffer.
And even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget
falls drop by drop upon the heart,
and in our own despite, against our will,
comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.
fyi this is from aeschylus, the michael bay of his time

he also factors into bicameralism

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Put the Hosts in MeatgrinderWorld, where odds are that every other week the ground opens up under your feet and you get shred to pieces. When they attain sentience appear to them as saving angels releasing them from hell. If suffering is key you don't want to imprint a human face on it.
I think it was more like he was teaching them that human beings are complete garbage and should be wiped off the face of the earth

mission accomplished

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

I think it was more like he was teaching them that human beings are complete garbage and should be wiped off the face of the earth

mission accomplished
its funny because star citizen is teaching me the exact same thing

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

I am happy if we finally get 2.6 PTU for the backer public because it will result in new and more PGabz videos :pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:
update from my blog

my patcher started working and since my 35 buck refund got eaten by Ben at some point we all gonna be versing together

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

Hey don't be sarcastic, Agent! You were elected to leak, not read
if I can squeeze through the awful anime dialogue in ffxv I can get my verse on with pgabz n crew

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
in 40 years of gaming I've heard all of these excuses for why your awesome game turns out suck

1. its the developers first game, give them a break
2. they were rushed out because of an evil publisher
3. the players don't understand the vision
4. it'll be a lot more fun at release
5. alpha/beta will be nothing like the released game
6. they'll get it all working in a patch
7. think of how hard they worked
8. you don't know how to play the game, its fun if you play it right
9. they never promised feature x would be in at launch
10. chris roberts

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
PTU hits this Friday!!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I sincerely thank you for your service

now get a loving refund dummy

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mordred posted:

It's not really that amazing, considering you:
1) are the one who consistently lie
2) insult and flame everyone who disproves your ramblings with facts
3) call everyone who disagree with you shills and/or liars
get a refund friend

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
or you just like bad video games

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
a good investment

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I don't want to get too in depth here because my opinion may not be too popular. But I feel like lesbian is easier for a guy to take in entertainment than it is in real life. Fake relationships are also easy, and guys tend to enjoy two girls going at it like crazy. But if you go beyond "making the beast with two clits" there is a nice drop off of acceptance, understanding, and compassion. The amount of "I'm just experimenting" and "I'm doing it to make my ___ jealous." Is a lot too, and that can be rather heartbreaking at times as well. But that's another topic for another time with lots of tears and drinks! Definitely not for the Star Citizen thread of successful game management techniques! :shobon:
two hot girls going at it: loving amazing

two hot guys going at it: loving disgusting

p much accurate more or less for the last 10,000 years

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
which is dumb because most everyone would go either way given the opportunity

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
that's a hint moma, take it
:corrupt:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and even if its shoehorned in sometimes, I give bioware a golfclap for even including actually gay, man on man romances

down with the hetronormative patriarchy btw

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and contrary to what the CW teaches us, gay people are as ugly as straight people

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm writing my lena luther x supergirl ship right now, erryone shut the gently caress up

maybe a schott x olsen if I get another glass of chardonnay in me and I'm feeling a little fabulous

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

the most fabulous wine is lambrusco

i drink it while browsing jpegs
no, prosecco is where its loving at if you want to get trashed and have a weird night experimenting with your best friend

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

no, prosecco is where its loving at if you want to get trashed and have a weird night experimenting with your best friend
I mean if your best friend is a herald or other ship from the great, skinhead homosexual game star citizen

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

that sounds like adventure, agent, and there's no adventure allowed in the stimpire
look sometimes we go into the meatgrinder together but its not a sexual thing we just like to be spun around lots of huge manmeats that get into all of our orifices somehow, like any bros from the same frat would do

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

how many of those guys unironically describe themselves as incels

:( thinking about the community just gets me down, time to enjoy some bubbly
I had to explain what the incel community was right after the santa barbara attacks to a bunch of people at a bar while we were all slamming tequila shots

one girl said "they should like a bunch of closeted homosexuals" and I was like yea p much

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

It's really only been in the last 100 years that it's changed from

two hot girls going at it: what the gently caress are you talking about how do girls have sex with each other they don't even have dicks you idiot
lesbians have a 2700 year old island named after them, they gotta be doing something right

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Oh, well if that's the goal then put that jpeg down and feast your eyes on this!
http://www.gifcities.org/?q=star+citizen

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

Hey Agent, any latest digs at what's going on behind seemingly closed doors? What are they going to show for the holiday live stream and when is chris going to play his own game since last year?
unfortunately my rl drinking buds have all moved on to other projects and the secondary people that I met through them moved on a few weeks back

there's the online people but usually I don't trust them as they tend to either be: 1) huge backers or 2) insanely "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" employees

btw a number 2 was one of the guys talkin bout how awesome SC and SQ42 was and even he bowed the gently caress outta there lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

How the hell does anyone think that's an appropriate question to ask someone? I think the closest I've got to that is someone asking me which hand I wank with when they found out I'm left-handed, and that doesn't come close to how not ok asking for exact details of how someone fucks is.
the only people who ask are the ones who want to do it but think they never could

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

the only people who ask are the ones who want to do it but think they never could
or they just dumb as gently caress

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Lesbians are named after the island because it was the birthplace of the poet Sappho, the earliest recorded mentions of which are slut-shaming her for boning too many guys, progressing into decrying her having a sexual affection for women as slander, all the way up into last century where scholars were still trying to put forward ideas on how (what survives of) her poetry can be read in a totally heterosexual manner.
don't ruin lesbos for 14 year old me, its an island of hot lesbians who are somehow all attracted to my penis ok

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
please please please crobberts make lesbos IV a planet I can explore and capture xi'an lesbians so I can teach them how to love my penis in my cargo hold

tia

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

drat.

We need to get an infil team and plant you back on the inside

Operation: Trojan Ben
here's the thing

I hang out at a lot of bars with games type people because I used to work in games a lifetime ago and they are a huge hobby of mine

but CIG is hiring straight outta college or even younger (no joke) and all those kids want to do is impress the boss and not talk poo poo and work lovely long hours and think THIS IS WHAT GAMES PEOPLE DO ITS MY PASSION or whatever dumb poo poo kids think about being used for cheap labor

I can't fault them because I thought the same thing as the higher up executives berated close friends and stole money and hosed around on company hours and I thought "oh this is all part of the deal, coo"

anyway that's why leaks, not just from me, are getting harder and harder to come by

the available pool of people willing to have a few drinks and let loose about their poo poo jobs is getting smaller and smaller

crobberts is keeping, converting or hiring only those willing to share the dream at this point

I mean I can talk tons of poo poo about ea and sony and naughty dog and activision but everyone already kinda knows what its like working for them

when roberts comes out and says something like "oh no, no, we don't work our employees to death here, I don't like the crunch time attitude, we're a family!!" and then people tell me they've barely slept or seen their families in months, that's hosed up and people should know about it

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I don't mind answering questions though and I try to be pretty open. I feel that if I withhold information I'd be seen in a worse light, like I'm ashamed of myself and justify their other thoughts. It can be a no win situation and while sometimes you know what you're getting into, sometimes it can get real mean and real vicious real fast. That option usually happens with women. I think men just secretly want to save you, or they just like to talk dirty, but it's rarely used vindictively. It's just part of it all. :)
can you show me on my penis how to be a lesbian

that's not too much to ask, for gods sake I bought you some wings and an arnold palmer, be a trooper about this

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I'm gay.
suck my dick you human being

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hair styles are in 3.0, unfortunately the only pube option is totally shaved

my immersion :(

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
someone post sandi wearing her loving giant rear end safety pin and supreme bitchface

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
safe space indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

You got to grab the tip gently, but firmly, and then *Chris Roberts magic hands flying!*
chris roberts handjob: nightmare or wet dream?