Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Propagandist posted:

Can someone explain to me why they need to launch ships from a carrier as if they need to pick up speed and create lift?

It's space. Just kick the thing out.

They mocapped (apparently multiple times, including one karate/hilarity version) a guy on the deck doing some kind of flight check. Why.

Why does the ship need to go fast? Why. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Did no one say "hey um it's in space so"

Anyway, happy Friday everyone.
Because this is Star Citizen and Star Citizen is made by Chris Roberts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tippis posted:

Because Chris is a creatively bankrupt hack.

Chris doesn't understand how space — or indeed physics in general — works.
Why did you get banned from that other website only you and Derek use? You should go talk poo poo at r/dereksmart since they don't seem to like you very much and it might be funny.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Remember guys, there's no gravity in space.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tippis posted:

The problem with that is the r/ at the beginning. There is a limit to how much I'm willing to debase myself, and below that limit, there's roughly -∞ and then there's reddit.
:shrek: for the laughs.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Join the club. I got banned for basically the same thing. Apparently you can't tell someone they're lying. Or something.
He probably would have just put you on ignore if you proved him wrong.

:v:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Strawman posted:

There will be no issues maintaining development and servers if SQ42 and SC are good.
Looks like everything will be fine then.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Refund spergs, how long did CIG take to initially respond?
Haha, you think they'll respond.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't, I just wanted to know how long I should wait before contacting the various agencies that likely already have significant cases against CIG.
Probably mid January.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

ZenDesk? Yeah they changed my password and made it so that I can't reset it.

EDIT: Maybe something hosed up. I'll check again.
They're just going to gently caress you around and blame their response time on the Holidays and/or how hard they're working on the next livestream or something.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Yeah, I felt bad for the guy and his team. They worked hard on this. Miyazaki eviscerated them; I don't think I've ever witness such a thorough critical beatdown.
Old man dislikes technology. More news at 9.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Booourns posted:

please stop stalking ben online jesus christ
Please stop stalking this thread.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm not sure what gave you that idea :question: Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to take a small amount of time out of their day of screaming at the computer game to call or visit their parents because they love and care about you
Please get these antisemites out of here. Hating Jews is very uncool.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Maybe chill with the 5,000 word posts. Spread them out every few days or something.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Madcosby posted:

Wait wait wait

Beer got emails from sandi that he posted on imgur, knew about the special snowflake customer id types, but only at the end of 2016 after they banned him for life years ago did he ask for a refund?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Holy poo poo space game fever
I believe most of his money has been out of the game for a long time.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all enjoying screaming at people trying to play the computer game. This is just a quick reminder for you all to take a small amount of time out of your day to call or visit your parents because they love and care about you
Shut up racist.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Wow.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
There's always more and it's always worse.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I didn't read the thread today and just finished watching the livestream and I'm blown away. I'm sure everything I want to say has already been said but I've been following this poo poo-show since the Kickstarter and I sincerely think that today has been one of the worst things that has ever happened to CIG.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

Warcrimes
Nice meltdown.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

Yeah, he was like the easiest person to wind up ever, even when I was trying not to cause drama.
I think he was just trying to get a lot of people to buy in because if I recall correctly he made quite a bit of money "upgrading" LTI stuff to Goons.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Next time they sell a new picture we need to beat the spergs and post it on :reddit: first with a funny edited title and then upvote it until it gets to the front page.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
MoMA you're going to have to give us a little more to work with here. I'm starting to think that you might not have better leaks than Derek.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
))<STAR CITIZEN>((

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Why is our hero Arf only getting sixers? Step it up Beer/Beet.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I tried communicating with FYAD but they called me a mad GBS poster or something and deleted/moved all my posts then probated me. How will they ever learn the wonders of Star Citizen? INRI can you help me proselytize them?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I think it's time we start helping out Chris and inviting our friends to play this cool game to help speed up development.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Sickening posted:

Did cig really delete the stream recording and the promo? Bold move if so.
Don't worry they still haven't figured out how to delete the one on Twitch.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Hello.

What's new since last we met?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Hello.

What's new since last we met?
If I download this game will it break my computer? Is there a new launcher thingy? Can I get AP to give me a list of the top 5 funnies since last year? Is Derek still shunned to his other forum?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Wait in 4 months they only updated the game once?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Also, did Derek ever sue/get sued by that one pedophile faux-girl guy?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
That he doxxed.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
What's this? Is the game not 10 FPS anymore?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Did you miss the release of the long awaited tactical, lethal multiplayer shooter with zero gravity elements, Star Marine?

Because that does indeed run in 60fps, likely by using vanilla CryEngine netcode
I guess so. I'll have to check it out.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

There are definitely less components left stranded in space and fewer stationary avatars than in the original release of 2.0. I suspect they weren't clearing the objects when people disconnected in the past and that eventually the server fell over but that's just a guess.
To my knowledge those models were actual other players actually playing the game. This might explain why you don't see them anymore.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

You want a good game, but you need the bad-ice.
Better title.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Have any of the streamers and/or bloggers had any mental breakdowns since I went away? The last thing I remember is INN splitting up and WTFO being upset he wasn't invited to generic streaming event #239.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Have any of the streamers and/or bloggers had any mental breakdowns since I went away? The last thing I remember is INN splitting up and WTFO being upset he wasn't invited to generic streaming event #239.
Turned on WTFO's stream. He's playing the multiplayer shooter thing. Everyone has over 100 ping. His FPS went from 140 to 6 in a second somehow. He died a few times while My Chemical Romance played in the background. He says after this game he's going to go into the PU but he doesn't know what the patch changed. I don't know if I can make it until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Some dude has subscribed to him for 27 months. That's like $135 to my understanding. Makes me cringe to think he's done his little dance thing hundreds of times now.