Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

:same:

Opposite of bad things which will never get past vaporware, I had a pretty interesting beer recently -- Hitachino Nest's 3 DAYS. the story behind it is pretty interesting; the earthquake that stuck Japan on 3/11/2011 also damaged the company's brewery and they lost power. So a recent mash got to do its thing in tilted casks for 3 days and developed a spontaneous fermentation. It was supposed to be a witbeer, but to me it's much more like a Flemish red ale sour, kinda like Duchesse du Bourgogne. It's cool that the brewers managed to not only save the beer from the brink of disaster, but turn it into something special. There were only 8,000 bottles, and the local distributors finally picked some up, so I am enjoying it along with a nice tabbouleh and kale salad plus turkey bone gumbo.

Just wanted to say I had this beer last night. What a coincidence. I love Hitachino's poo poo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Or sunk cost fallacy is a real thing.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

History Comes Inside! posted:

Beer tastes like farts IMHO

Have I just not drank enough in my lifetime to learn to enjoy the farty taste?

Stop drinking Heineken and the problem solves itself.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I was super shocked to find it at a local ramen restaurant and stocked at a local liquor store, so maybe it's only just now hitting some regional distributors. :iiam:

I got it at a place in Providence called Wara Wara.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

SC is like 10% fidelitousness, 90% cradling your hairy knees and crying.

If you're familiar with Providence, the shop I found it at is Nikki's Liquors a bit off Main St. I think there's one bottle left on the shelf now, at least (not sure if they have anything in the back).

No poo poo, going there after work.

If you like Hitachino, Wara Wara is the biggest buyer in the area and they have White on tap which I have never seen anywhere.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I go there for brunch almost every Sunday :swoon:

Thanks for supporting my friends! :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Beet Wagon posted:

Y'all are missing out on the fact that there's a very real chance Chris thinks Squadron 42 is the greatest game ever made and has zero stress at all about the upcoming launch target lol

I really need to get a hook up with his dealer.