Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm the constant z-fighting in everything they show. :downsbravo:

Hey, it is really difficult to deal with z-fighting after you hack together a 32-into-64 bit coordinate system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You can bet you rear end the ray-tracing algorithm they use to figure out which surfaces are closer to the camera is hosed-up beyond belief and cannot deal with their 64-bit implementation. Add to that artists who are given carte blanche to throw a billion triangles into everything and the poor algo must have developed self-awareness and killed itself.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HycoCam posted:

$50 gets you a week of driving a car. But you're going to need $150 a night in Star Citizen for the Caterpillar. But that makes a bunch of sense. Look how much larger and heavier the Caterpillar is. You're actually getting a really, really good deal with those UEC credits.

If you buy a RSI Gas gift card in-game using your MISC credit card you can get points you can use to fly in the most prestigious starliners and courtesy hairy roberts.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

CR explicitly stated that he was opposed to mandatory subscriptions, and it's by far one of the most polarizing means of bringing in income available. When I looked into the topic I did a poll and found out that backers are either ambivalent about subscriptions or absolutely loathe them.

As soon as CR says that mandatory subscriptions are for the best the backers will realize that they have always loved subscriptions.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cool new Polack jokes posted:

This bugs me too. Xian is also the contemporary Chinese name for China itself within the country. What are the other alien races and what real life stereotypes are they based on?

The aliens that look like some animu bullshit (tevarin) are a feudal society that honors the art of war and follow strict and honorable code of the warrior where the most distinguished ones are known as warlords. They also do suicide stuff.

quote:

Originally the Tevarin followed Rijora (/REE-jorr-ah/), a warrior-code similar to Bushidō on ancient Earth.

their ship is the prowler, you know, the final fantasy ship knockoff.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

grimcreaper posted:

On a very serious note... what in the gently caress is with that armor? It looks like absolute poo poo. It's impractical to say the least. I can't even come up with the correct terms to explain how stupid Croberts designs are.

Croberts played the first dead space and didn't realize that your suit of armour was supposed to be a clunky piece of poo poo.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Toast, I had not been paying attention to this lovely thread for a bit and noticed that you got challenged to a toxx and of course you then went and squirreled away. Toast, my man of many anuses, what happened to all that bluster and self-confidence you had acquired due to CIG releasing a 10-year old half-assed FPS to a select group of bootlickers? I mean, even CIG should be able to develop one of those in an FPS engine so I do believe you when you say it's there. I truly do.

Take the toxx man, it's only 10 dollars (that's nothing to a man of your means) and, since you're going to move the goalposts to Mars anyways, it's guaranteed you'll be proven right. That's why some unsavory people call you an invertebrate, you need to grow a backbone.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

It was the guy in the hat behind Lando, the video guy who rushed together that Citizen Con special on Around the Verse to explain why they didn't show SQ42. I think they laid him off as a reward for being competent, it was making the rest of them look bad, but I really have no clue.

Also a senior programmer for SQ42 that was in charge, according to Chris Roberts, of the "not difficult" task of making ships dock together, land and all sorts of stuff in SQ42 left. According to moma this is normal turnover though and nothing at all to worry about in the slightest, senior programmers leaving months before SQ42 ships probably just means everything is done already and they're holding it back because of spoilers. I dunno if he was laid off or left but... hahaha, ok, I'm sure he left, probably ran out the fire exit before anyone could stop him grinning from ear to ear.

Whoa! Good thing moma didn't toxx or he would be in trouble. Stay safe moma and call your parents.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

Elite dangerous is not an MMO and is barely a multiplayer game at all.

It's barely a game.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Well at least Shitizens can't cry foul when the same overzealous mods they keep ripping on /r/DS pull the same stunt and ban others.

I just got banned for this post (probably deleted) which is quite puzzling to say the least.

Amazing how something like that can get you banned.

What's puzzling about that? You admitted to being a non-shaver. As per the orders of Imperator Sandiosa that's a huge infraction.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Some of you guys really need to take a break.

You are moving goal posts as bad as CiG. You don't even get comedy posts.
You are looking more and more like the reddit forum you like to make fun of.

Nothing to see here people. Just downvote and move along.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wonder how Chris feels knowing the guy handling his video editing is a better director than he'll ever be.

What do you mean by "knowing"? Pretty sure CR knows, from the bottom of his heart, that he's a better director than that loser

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

As the game continues to be delayed the community slowly loses people who are willing to tolerate CIG. Those who are left are the most... dedicated to development.

It's one of the reasons I haven't been as active. I don't want someone showing up at my door.

A furious nerd shows at la maison Bière, looks at the 3 meter-tall front door, then calmly turns back.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Palisader posted:

That flight deck dance crew looks really, really bad. I'm genuinely flabbergasted that this was supposedly mocapped? It looks terrible. And you know, part of it is that none of these models have any weight to them, they kind of just float around.

I've seen better looking animations in 10 year-old student videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

nawledgelambo posted:

Er_Dova was space batman, not the hero the thread wanted, but the hero the thread needed.

You should make a Er-Dova (Er__Dova is taken) and apologize to the mods for for being an insufferable rear end in a top hat.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kakarot posted:

:ohdear: Looks like we are headed towards a Branson level event

There is no way dova will ever reach 10% on the Branson scale. That dude has 2 settings: shouting into the wind and, when somebody notices him, melting down.

quote:

You know I was gonna ignore this, but I just can't.

Treated like terrorist? What the loving hell is wrong with you? Where in that post is violence being encouraged? The only people that even bringing that up are people like yourself; which is disturbingly ironic to say the least. And here's the thing, you're advocating for the terrorising of people on this sub. Via mass surveillance, censoring, banning, naming and shaming etc. So who's the terrorist here? Cause no one else is coming close to what you're calling for. Goddamn I bet you're the kind of person who thinks Edward Snowden is a terrorist and the Patriot Act a god send. The kind of person who would have Glenn Greenwald locked up and as you've states this sub scrubbed. That's disgusting and you're shamefulness is on full display for all to see.

Willfully agitating the mentally ILL (fixed that for you) to violence? I, nor anyone else here, is not responsible for what others do. Sorry, but there's far worse sub's you can label that accusation at if you're so inclined, but here yet you come here. GTFO with all that.

Monitoring all of us? You're in conspiracy and you're pushing that kind of poo poo? Seriously? Like loving for real? First off, its already happening, and not just to us but to you too buttercup, and that's not a conspiracy that's cold hard fact. Secondly who the gently caress are you, Columbo? "I've flagged some of you myself". What!? Dude THATS CRAZY. Who the gently caress does that? Do you got a special folder with screen shots and a list of names to take to the authorities? Always wanted to be the big bad policeman but couldn't hack it or something? I don't know, and usually don't try to judge, but you strike me as the type. Wonder why that is?

Bunch of evil freaks? Yeah, once again then only one advocating anything close to violence is you and yours. Not anyone else. So what does that say about you?

As for conspiracy culture attracting then mentally I'll, okay, sure. So does psychiatry. So does law enforcement. Here is a list of the top professions for psychopaths: media, salesperson, surgeon, journalist, police officer, clergy person, chef, civil servant, CEO, lawyer. Weird, I don't see you at any of those related sub's yelling about how they attract the mentally Ill, and yet those are the highest likely professions to attract such. Hmmm. Strange.

Now, do us all a favor and leave. You clearly don't want to be here. So quit wasting your time, as I'm sure you'll save plenty not having to flag anyone. Maybe take up a hobby, something calming perhaps. It seems you need to take a step back. Either way, have a great day!

Okay, done, and I promise no more feeding the trolls. I just couldn't ignore this in good conscious.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Oh poo poo, I feel what the old man is saying but I also feel sorry for the young guy, he looks heartbroken.

Dude, Hayao "You have to observer real people" Miyazaki is the grumpiest grandpa in the planet and that dude should have known what was coming. That was the equivalent of meeting the pope and trying to get him into Ayn Rand.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I miss Lazrin.

And SmugMA

gently caress yeah snype!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov posted:

Beetgirl Kayak Doloria edit: I know I shouldn't doxx mods but I couldn't help myself. Also I miss MoMA and Marching Powder. :(

As soon as CIG releases 2.6 (so, December 31th) MoMA will be back, more powerful than ever, to own Derek until Pgabz makes a video mocking 2.6.

Lazrin and MP are too butthurt to come back until at least 3.0 so it'll take a while.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

thatguy posted:

I believe most of his money has been out of the game for a long time.

Yeah, but now he cannot enter a reddit discussion that is making GBS threads on him with "I'm still a backer..."

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They're being compensated at a level commensurate with what journalists of their caliber could expect.

Excuse me but shills are paid pretty well (Derek, the check is late). That these idiots somehow managed the feat of being unpaid shills when there was money being thrown their way is something else.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Galarox posted:

Hello Toast

BTW, this year we got photographic proof that MoMA is toast and has great taste in belts.

e: Somebody pay the tax for me, for I'm poor.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Stop spreading FUD, it's clearly 2.6.0g

I reckon once they hit 2.6.2f you'll all be ashamed of ever doubting this project.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

Astroneer is really cute, guys

No space cat not sale.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Ha ha ha wtf? So Port Ollisar is off the menu? That is amazing, this game is loving shrinking as time goes by, it's like the saddest grape left out in the sun slowly shrinking to become a raisin I guess? I didn't really think this through

Counterpoint: Raisins are good.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

grimcreaper posted:

Raisins are awful and not natural.

I bet that, when you were a kid, someone gave you raisins on Halloween and you're still pissed.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EmesiS posted:

Was the predicted Dildo ship revealed?

Yes, there was an anal plug ship in-game already. The nipple ring dreadnought is next.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guy, I'm starting to get worried about the future of star citizen. I mean, even beer jumped ship. What's next? Toast? the call your parents guy? (you know that deviant has to be a backer).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aramoro posted:

Sorry I've got to ask, is this real?

Is there plan to say that its delayed because of legal action from Electronic Acc-.. Arts?

More importantly whats with all these 100ms+ pings. This is thier stream, on thier local machines how is that possible?

They are so incompetent that they do not have a LAN build. They are playing regular 2.6 so they have to connect to their cloud server

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

stingtwo posted:

Wheres MoMA? common dude tell us your thoughts on the event.

Why do people keep asking this? MoMA *is* Toast. And he had a crappy day.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, somehow watching those star marine videos brought me back to Quake2 multiplayer. Back in those days we didn't have to restart our PCs after each fight. Imagine that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

which one is an idris and which one is a javelin, I cant masturbate to anything unless its ship based anymore

They are twins, but the one in the right had bigger tits (and a horn). Guess which one is the most popular waifu of 2016.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tarquinn posted:

So, just for my understanding; did CIG switch to Lumberyard months ago and the current version is using that engine already or are they just starting the switchover? Do we know?

How the gently caress would anyone know? They are proven liars.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
^^^ Nah, we non-brits have good xmas food ^^^

"We switched engines at the beginning of the year and everything is was real easy"

-Chris "Star Marine is already in the game" Roberts.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gravity_Storm posted:

Even though it was hilarious, what the latest Engine related news proved is that no-one has any secret sources worth jack poo poo. There are no legit insiders in this thread.

Have you heard about the toast with many aliases?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

CIG switched engines without telling anyone while advertising a 2016 release date. How is that not fraud?

Remember the TOS that says that "gently caress you, cocksucker". It's cast-ironclad, and eliminates all chance of fraud.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

I looked at WTF's past business website using his twitch name after someone mentioned he was bad,

I judged him to be a creep and a sleeze on what I saw,

Recent Twitch stream solidified and justified my views, and how!

I don't know his surname even though he plasters his name on everything he touches and I've no desire to know it.

gently caress him, he's a oval office and puts his cuntish behaviour, cuntish habits and past cuntish business dealings on the internet, he can go finger a waste disposal unit for all I care. No sympathy for him from me.

Apparently, I'm now a doxxer.

The other day I typed "derek smart" on the doxxerator google and the goddamn thing proceeded to doxx the gently caress out of him. Would you believe that even Jimmy Wales is part of the doxxing campaign? Not only that but he often self-doxxes himself.

Did you guys know that if you type "lowtax" in google it gives you his real name? hosed up.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Today I called my parents and doxxed them.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

3 Others. gently caress off. Why do you care so much?

Posting in another 3 threads about either star citizen or derek smart is not very impressive. At least I post in the best Anime threads. The best ones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I shoot guns and I fish. Neither have anything to do with Smartypants.

Do you think about Derek when a) shooting guns or b) fishing?

In case of a) I worry about you my friend. b) is fine.