Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

If you scroll this picture up and down it creates an amazing optical illusion. It looks like you're seeing him gain weight in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Hey guys did you know that there are lots of SHIPS in this game?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Anything is possible if you just dream big enough.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Does it hurt your feelings when I throw my wallet down this storm drain? Lol take that, goonie!

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Hey goons, let's do some math:

$45,000 / $60 per game = 750

750 games / 52 weeks in a year = 14.4

You could buy a brand new triple-A video game once per week, every week, for the next fourteen years, and still spend less on video games than that dude has spent on Star Citizen.

But yeah this is totally a good investment, guys.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Star Citizen is actually an ARG. Arguing about Star Citizen on web forums is the gameplay.

You are playing Star Citizen right now.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

trucutru posted:

Lately the dreamin' has been kinda low key. Forget being a space flight attendant or a space janitor, let's keep it real

:smith:

My dream game involves waiting in line in a space cafeteria to be served my space bologna and space peas.

In the future.

In space.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

starkebn posted:

how is buying a computer game in a box still a thing?

Star Citizen is basically Collector's Edition Box: The Game

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Hello, uhmmm, my name is, err, Chris Roberts, uhhh. Famous DIRECTOR of Wing Co~commander fame.

gently caress me, how do you direct anything with such an impediment?

Poorly.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

How tragic would it be if Chris Roberts honestly had a talent for directing but spent his best years making lovely, lovely video games and selling used cars

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I almost got kinda wistful for a minute there before I remembered that this is a guy who took a hundred million dollars in crowdfunding and spent it on My First Triple A Video Game Fantasy Camp

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Slug Trading confirmed for 3.0

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Imagine being the guy who gets banned for reposting a Derek tweet in the Derek reddit

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

Dueling banjos or space games, it's all the same.

Why not both?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

phosdex posted:

Still confused on how these are a convention. Aren't they really just a few hours of powerpoint presentations?

Yeah but remember just how desperate citizens are for even the tiniest scraps of new information

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

DapperDon posted:

What in the gently caress is up with that guys pointy jawbones?

It's called a "beard"

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Is star citizen pay2lose?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

TheAgent posted:

internal rumor is that chris is getting rid of the programmers first, as they've been, in his words "underwhelming"

lol

Well yeah, I fully expect CIG to spend its final days as a skeleton crew that consists solely of concept artists and community managers.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Not like Croberts is finally going to get his priorities straight at this point.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh man I forgot I had stellaris. I wonder if it got any better than what it was at launch.

Like any other Paradox title, Stellaris is in a constant state of gradual improvement. It's changed a lot, although only you can say whether that's enough to hold your interest.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

thatguy posted:

This plane is getting hosed by a massive plane-dick right in its exhaust pipe.

never gently caress a jpeg hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

yeah but how many toilets can i put in it