Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Beer I'm extremely glad that you've came around, but lol at thinking cig has any sort of procedure or schedule of how fast they respond to refund emails besides 'did we make a couple mil from a sale one day ago - after salaries and paying loans and Sandi money.'

I suspect they will drag their feet and reply to you and other leavers at the exact time of the next Xmas sale and not a day before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Morningwoodpecker posted:

You only asked for a refund 2 days ago, that makes you 48 hours more enlightened than Erris who you are now getting all cross with.

This, and also Beer you need to GET MAD. Use Pgabs as your inspiration. I don't know if you think getting mad is something only dumbs do, or you have a view of the world where logic rules everything, or you think CIG WINS if they make you mad.

Put your emotions into this son. GET MAD GET ANGRY and let it out. The reason that you were stuck in denial forever and is actually still in denial now is because you never got mad

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I agree erris is going to shift soon. He is starting to see the same things we're seeing. He sees the separate tech demos and he saw the sq 42 'footage'. Except where in reality CIG wasted all their money on vacations, furniture, mocap, hiring-firing-rehiring to the ground, his version of reality is 'CIG HAS to have been making 3.0 secretly because all we've seen so far...sucks.'

The thing is these people are very vindictive, but they are entirely powerless to do any real world anything. What they do is make a post on RSI, get banned/moved to concern. Go complain a bit on reddit, gets downvoted, then they finally come here and try to sound like a smart guy that didn't get scammed until they give up and get a refund. That's all they will do and have been doing.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

1. Some tiny little animation that is pretty cool but very dumb in the grand scheme of things - which makes citizens go wild. (Gun reload/draw from holster is my guess)

2. Multiple streamers that nobody knows playing Star Marine and pretending the game is fun.

3. A 'we're still working on SQ42' clip that shows mocap, dudes on their pcs, some art, but mostly Chris directing.

4. A lot of emphasis talking about flight model changes, probably with some powerpoint slides.

5. If there is a SQ42 trailer, it will be a teaser and it will show Ser Davos and/or Oldman/Hamill but in flashes as to not give away how bad the mocap is.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

HycoCam posted:

How much cash will CIG raise between this Friday and next? I almost feel like I should go back and edit my prediction post--the funds raise could be the tie breaker. :P

$1.45million

The funding tracker will show 3.x million, but it's all backers who are done dreaming about their old ships, swapping for a new ship to dream about.

Actual cash raised? not enough.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

In the future future, they will base spaceship designs on formula one cars from 2016.

And then we'll make a video talking about it.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

A single player game that was supposed to come out 2 years ago, has nothing to show except 2 guys talking about a hypothetical game.

"we just need to layer the code on top of our ideas" - Chris Roberts December 2016.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I'm not a developer but the more TZ talks the more I doubt his technical expertise. He's saying a whole lot of nothing, not even dreams like Roberts.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Armadillo Tank posted:

Hippie guy looks really tense and afraid. Must suck to be sat next to chris. He'll probably yell at him for things he said he didn't like after the stream. Poor hippie guy.

no way hippie guy is a key component in the scam. He has spent 4 years 'figuring out' the base mechanics of the game and he's still figuring it out. He's spewed a bunch of nonsense to retards so they will buy up the ships with tech that don't exist.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

he's tense because he's lying.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

This little skit on Foundry 42 looks like a cry for help.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

alphabettitouretti posted:

Did he actually say this?

The Titanic posted:

Did he really say that??? Oh please be true.

Yes. I'm sure someone can lift it out of the couch segment with CR and TZ.

They said 'all we need to do is layer code on top of blah blah blah (ideas that they came up with 5 minutes prior).'

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would like to thank everyone here. If it weren't for you guys I might be one of them.

Love you too bud.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Okay so this might be immediately obvious to most of you, or I'm just rehashing old poo poo but today I was able to put everything together:

When Citizens say there is a separate 3.0 being worked on alongside 2.x builds, they are correct.

It dawned on me that TZ is solely responsible for all promised gameplay features of 'Star Citizen', and is considered 3.x. But they also handle everything for SC server side, which in an MMO I'm guessing is pretty much the whole game. When the other studios say the 'netcode' or 'backend' isn't up to snuff, they are talking directly about Tony and his team in Austin.

Tony had to get Items 2.0 working because CIG LA wanted to sell clothes. Tony has to get '64bit positioning' working because CIG LA wanted to show a demo that looked 'seamless'. Tony has to work on 'AI subsumption' because Foundry is trying to make SQ42 but there's no AI, probably a crucial component to get any kind of demo out.

I'm sure Tony and his team are right now hard at work trying to get the server end of Star Marine to work. That's all he's been working on. Mining, cargo, VIP transport, news van, whatever whatever are literally just ideas because they are.

Citizens think its all been worked out, and that 3.0 is ready to go it just needs to be 'hooked up' to art assets. I can see why now, except lol it's not.

HKS fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 17, 2016

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Remember when they sold a $2000 ship that can carry 70 players and each will play a separate role and this was all part of a massive MMO and people said yup that's possible?

And then someone was like but I don't have 70 friends? and they said well you can fill it with 69 completely autonomous NPCs that will behave exactly like humans to a degree where you cannot even tell, and people said yup that sounds good?

Some of the smarter people asked 'hey man how is that possible?' and the answer was 'it's Chris Roberts!'.

I remember, just lol man.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Chin posted:

Why would Erin Roberts, head of Foundry 42, the biggest studio focusing primarily on SQ42, need to fly across the Atlantic for a PU discussion?

The rumors were true, SQ42 rolled into the PU.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I was doing my nightly chakra tuning and vision exercises when I was given an SC vision:

The money has run out and the backers are demanding to see the game, their offices are mostly empty from 2 months of unpaid salaries. The only people left are wide eyed and unsure what to do. Disco Lando is emailing all the higher ups on instructions of how to proceed but getting no responses.

A week of this goes by and suddenly a message appears on RSI, it says in so many words that sorry we cannot continue working on the game. Citizens rush to the grey market to find that traders have been selling things at 10% cost for weeks. They hurriedly email CS to ask what is going on and for refunds, there is no answer.

Minor chaos ensures, barely a ripple in the all. We gather around this thread like the end of Ocean's 11, each nodding silently to each other and heading off back to our own lives.

May 2017. Quote me.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

The German thing doesn't need explaining. If they idolized David Hasselhoff for real, they can idolize anyone (Chris Roberts).

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

It's very cut and dry to me, LA studio makes ads and bug fixes. F42 trawls through mocap footage and makes demo after demo. Tony Z and his Austin dudes ARE the 'AI team', 'planet landing', 'large map', '64bit position', 'localized physics', 'netcode'.

It's the same loving people making the same loving nothing. Trying to discuss if 3.0 is real is hilarious because like everything else it's fake and there are no actual teams you dumbos.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

It never stops being amazing and hilarious just how much Lethality loves doing nothing in games. It's like his ultimate game is where you're just doing nothing and waiting for the 1% of playtime where something happens. How the gently caress does anyone think that'll be fun?

lethality and a bunch of citizens have no skills of any kind, in real life or in gaming. How do you be good in a game with no skills? By out patient-ing people.

He thinks he can wait 20 real hours to travel to some remote rich mining planet and nobody else has the patience to get to.

It also helps that being patient is like the #1 trait to become the 'best' SC backer.

It also helps that these do nothing bitches have a lot of time.

It's all in my July thought essence energy formation, check em out with your pineal glands(have you decalcified them yet?)

HKS fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 20, 2017

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

'intellectual dishonesty' is one of those new terms where I always feel the person saying it is dumber than the person they're saying it to.

It's always used by some dumbo trying to sound smarter than another dumbo. Just loving say 'you are dumb' or 'you are lying to yourself' or any other much more direct phrasing.

As soon as someone says that phrase I write them off completely. It's definitely part of every 'iamverysmart' redditor's arsenal.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Help my brain liez

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Sillybones you are okay I think you are intellectually honest.

:cheers:

It is a big pet peeve though.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Dear Citizens reading this thread:
If someone says 'your game sucks' and you have to write an essay explaining why they're wrong the game sucks.

I'll give you an example, I love Dark Souls. If someone tells me 'Dark Souls sucks' I can reply with 'Nope its good' - and that settles it.

You can't do that with SC because it sucks, always and forever. TY for reading.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I'm very glad everyone in here are game developers and not pizza restaurant owners. Cuz opinions on one is much better than the other.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

The real company's joke game is much better than the joke company's fake game.

what an edit!

HKS fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 22, 2017

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

DuckDynasty posted:

Raises 150 million, leases own game from a bank. GG

Ortwin is playing 4d chess, see when the funding dries up and no game comes out - they can go welp we tried also we don't have anything except the IP how about we start from the beginning with a new kickstarter, star citizen fans!?!?!

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I think since Ortwin came out and said something that means he's not quietly getting into the lifeboat. That probably means theAgent's other rumors were true. They plan to ride the boat to citizencon and unveil 3.0 mvp. It also coincides with the other leaks where the workers said they were close to making 'something'.

This part is on the chart/graph where they reveal the game and then the freefall happens.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

There is no way that ladies of sc account isn't ran by a guy hoping to find ladies in sc.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

You can't fail missions in sc. You are a dude who paid $45 for the base package with no ship so you work on a flight serving drinks. If the 96% drink is not acceptable by a first class passenger player they will yell at you and report to the captain/owner of the ship who might fire you but you just go back to your home planet and mop floors until you get the chance to try again on another airline. During this time you have to eat at home and not spend so much money but you'll be back at it soon.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

They haven't done anything with any of their ships except sell them.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

If you bought anything starcitizen after the pets stretch goal you are so stupid lol

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Hopper posted:

A real life friend of mine, who is a seasoned gamer in his late 30ies with 20+ years of gaming in his CV and who regularly plays all kinds of games actually defends CR. He only bought the Aurora starter pack, so I am not worried about his finances, but he refuses to accept any negative or cautious remarks on the game. When I mentioned the Couts&Crobbers deal and told him I was sceptical about that, he immediately told me "seems like you have been reading too much of those hater websites".

The scary part is I know for a fact he does not read SA or reddit, he is not active in any online communities...he only reads Gamestar. So apparently even minds isolated from the shillizens' brainwashing rhetoric can be infected with croberitis.
Needless to say, we don't talk about SC any more.

is your real life friend german? because I've said this before. For a culture of people who pride themselves on their auditing and engineering perfection they lack any sort of real critical thinking. They were sold a packaged david hasselhoff and bought him as a star and idolized him for real, so of course they also idolize chris roberts.

yea come at me german goons.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

when you idolize anyone you become blind.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

if you think of chris roberts as just a man and not an idol. he is very very stupid.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

To be fair, Americans idolize some pretty big retards as well.

To be fair fair, star citizen has it's biggest following in germany.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Just wait till they get to the anger stage and start 'demanding answers' from CIG. It will be hilarious.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

lol so all the mocap he did really is useless. I mean I believed 100% they were useless because he mocapped before even having a an engine but this is SO GOOD.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I guess CR dropping that heavy script on stage was foreshadowing of him...dropping the script.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

The citizens will never stand up for themselves because they are weak babies who prefer a virtual life, their real life sucks and they have no power of any kind. They think if they speak and sound like a 'logical' or 'smart' person nobody can see through it. They have not even grown up past the stage in their life when a person realizes that all intentions behind words and actions are easily seen by another who is not blind.

They think the inner world is separate and cannot be known, thus they take people's words at face value except when they don't agree with it.

The inner world is always known, across any peoples and includes animals. We are psychic beings denying our full reality. Everyone can read intentions except citizens. It is very sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I just want to hear the rationalization from any one of you who bought the game post pets stretch goal.

Like what was it?

"It's in wow so I guess its okay."

"they'll get to it after they make all the other parts, it'll be fine."

like...what the gently caress for real.