Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I haven't seen a live Starcitizen stream before, but this is awesome. I am laughing my rear end off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Doesn't the time countdown jump when they switch to another ship?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Star posted:

Doesn't the time countdown jump when they switch to another ship?

It definitely jumped ahead 40 seconds there.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
When does the weekly schedule update usually come out?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
I would kill myself if I had to stream this for hours on end every day. Nothing happens. They just drive around a barren landscape and go in and out of a car. I haven't seen any of their livestreams before but this is pitiful.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
This is the best thing ever

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Duckaerobics posted:

I watched some guy stream 3.0 for 2-3k people for a little bit last night, and I had forgotten how bad the shills were. Anyone who said anything critical about the game in chat was shouted down by a chorus of people calling them idiots. So many people saying that the FPS will improve when netcode gets redone in the next patch, and talking about all the amazing things you will be able to do in SC (one day) to people asking about the game. The streamer then said the only bad thing about the SC community were the Derek Smartians, while his twitch bot linked the Aurora package and his referral code.

It's the perfect pyramid scheme set-up. Almost admirable for its complete lack of scruples.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

SomethingJones posted:

DevilDogGamer just posted a video, the framerate is shocking and ships wibble and wobble and slide around the landing pads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IILcpHKIQe4&t=698s

I've never seen anything so clunky and awkward as Star Citizen, even the on-foot stuff is a big wibbly wobbly jerky clunky mess

It's painful to watch

Is the HUD supposed to jump up and down so much when you are running? Insanely annoying and nausea-inducing.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
One of my favorite things about this shitstorm is the loop between CIG promising utopian gameplay components to get cash, then having to try and deliver them to backers, which they invariably fail, forcing them to promise even more things to get more money so that they can try and continue development, and so on. They will never be able to catch up.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
While I do thoroughly enjoy watching this go down (and I don't really dare to believe that CIG is going to be shut down over this until it actually happens) it feels bad that it will offer a suitable excuse for citizens to use in the future. It would feel so much better if CIG folded due to obvious idiocy from Croberts.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

The game that will save pc gaming. Now with 34 likes.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

no_recall posted:

2017-12-21 - $220,763
2017-12-22 - $68,832

Hmm day 2 of sales and its rather worrying.

Don’t they usually get a sales boost after events like these?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
I’m mostly a lurker without the interest or patience to read every patch note so I have ask, compared to like a year ago or so, have there been any significant changes or updates to the game? Is there something you can do now that you couldn’t last March?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

quote:

BEST PATCH so far.
Way more stable and what a performance.
I had 30-60 fps between two sessions of traveling to moons and back to olisar.
Beacons work, but are slightly bugged.
First session ended in a server crash, confirmed with xenthorx.

No more fatal memory leak as far as I can tell and no crushing fps drop.
Still get 30000 or what it is called code and the 40k code is also still happening.
We are looking at a very solid live release. Great job devs.
Well that seems like a very generous definition of very solid live release.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bayonnefrog posted:

One a side note: daily funding hitting a new low of ~30k per day. So we'll have a new jpeg sale soon.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

While it is low compared to how it has been, it’s still loving mind boggling that there still are people out there who drop at least 30k/day on this.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean... are there though? Every single sign points to the funding tracker being total bullshit.
I know that’s been argued repeatedly and it does make sense in light of CIG’s business practices in general, but I think it just feels too crazy to me to assume that it’s not based on anything resembling reality. But, then again, it is CIG...

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Was that 90 seconds trailer really it for CIG’s E3 presentation? There’s not more coming?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Can’t stop watching this, it’s hypnotic.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

TheSickeningTruth posted:

Now I'm no code whisperer and admit I don't know poo poo about game development, but to me that sounds exactly like "get ready to change your cpu, gpu, motherboard, and get a shitton of ram or you won't be able to play my space shooter". So I guess we're back to 1994 when Comanche released and there was no point hoping to play it cos you needed an insane rig at the time to run that crap. And on top of that there was the whole "pc master race" speech, just for good taste.
Seriously check that page : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen it's full of silly promises like ships being mades of 10000000 components each simulated with hd textures no compromises blablabla. Like, only Dan Bilzerian could afford a pc that would run that thing.

I’ve actually never taken the time to read the entire Kickstarter but now I did and it’s fantastic to see how skilled CR and the rest were in aiming the pitch toward people who feel like outsiders - exactly those who may have a vulnerability to becoming cultists.

quote:

Today’s game publishers, like their Hollywood counterparts, want predictable returns from sequels to last year’s hits. A game in an out- of-favor genre, set in an original universe is viewed as a bad investment. And the concept of developing a new product exclusively for the PC sends publishing executives and most Venture Capitalists running for the exits.

And that hero is you, the unappreciated PC gamer. The ignored Space Sim fan.

This is your chance to have your voice heard.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Star citizen: an impressive 20 FPS

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Blue goblin’s insistence on positivity scares me. It feels like he is constantly right on the edge of snapping.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

ZenMaster posted:

OK GOONS

:siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LN0TsXLcfc :siren:

Citcon 2018, low lights reel, for those who missed it or don't want to watch for 2 hours.

Cheerios, no way I have the patience to watch entire stream so this is perfect.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
The Reddit/games thread on the 4 million burn rate sure is something. People are coming in to say that there is nothing to worry about, SC has been feature locked for years, there are no loans, Roberts has only released quality games throughout his career, etc.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Everyone knows that the mark of a truly great game is that its boring design forces you to play other games to pass the time.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

G0RF posted:

ANOTHER RANDOM REXSHILLA REPORT

It's interesting how few views his VODs have. Even the ones from over two weeks ago rarely have more than 100-200 views.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Trilobite posted:

To be fair, Twitch is terrible at playing back VODs; it breaks most of the time. Even good streams have shockingly low views on their VODs.

And to be honest, no one would mistake that for a good stream.

I’ve never had any problems with replaying VODs, either on my computer or phone. But maybe I’ve just been lucky.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Star citizen delivers the most riveting gameplay you can find on twitch https://clips.twitch.tv/GoldenFamousSeahorseBleedPurple

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
When is the fabled 3.5 due? Or is it already out?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

A great quote from the congratulations thread.

quote:

Precisely why I say it's [Elite] dead. Barely any content so far, massive bugs unfixed for over 4 months now, even CGs are currently dead without a replacement in the upcoming quarterly update according to leaks. At this rate, there isn't going to be much of a playerbase left by the end of 2020. To add to that, there's zero info on what the 2020 update is going to be, and FDev have a terrible track record of delivering on promises. If you look at the past 2 months on steamcharts, they've had the worst two consecutive months they've ever had so far, with this month also seeing a big decline so far.

Additionally they've gotten rid of/moved Sandro Sammarco (lead game designer iirc) to another project, with no info on who's taken over. There's zero info on if the previously delayed features are even still planned. Powerplay is a poo poo show, with communities openly violating the spirit of the mechanic because FDev won't maintain their game. Even hackers rarely get banned, they drag their feet even to ban obvious bots. Basically, there's literally zero information on the future of the game, despite the so called 100 dev team, they've repeatedly failed to put out an equivalent amount of content.

FDev have been so incompetent that they make CIG's promises seem more reliable, simply out of how solid SC's foundation is in comparison to Elite's. So, at least to me, Elite is indeed dead and despite their claims otherwise, not FDev's primary focus anymore. I refuse to trust them to be able to revive the game considering how badly they've failed thus far. I expect them to keep slowing down feature updates until they can quietly kill the game for not being profitable anymore

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
This feels like peak CIG https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/roadmap-update-4-19/148670

quote:

Hi everyone,

Quick update-

We discovered a UI bug this week when working to update the Squadron 42 Roadmap, and will be focusing on a quick and easy fix for that the beginning of next week, which means that we won't be updating the Squadron 42 Roadmap today. You can expect a normal update to the SQ42 Roadmap to come next Friday.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Beerail is the best derail in a long time.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Latest SC roadmap:

Latest SQ42 roadmap:

Not much happening tbh. And I am still amazed that they can actually de-progress as well.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
I really miss the time when CIG released more trailers and people picked them apart to show all the jankiness.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
The discussions on Reddit about the roadmaps are quite interesting. There are so few that still remain positive about either SC or S42.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
I love that bluegoblin’s arguing that even though the road map items haven’t budged at all, that doesn’t mean CIG aren’t working on other stuff. Most transparent development ever.