Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bought one and later sold it for $300. I could get another with my store credit if I wanted. Oddly enough it does seem to be the closest we've seen to the actual design intent. It's big, fat, modular, and looks like it could be very flexible. When it first came out I had this dream of filling one with LTI snub fighters and having a horde of Goons just gently caress everything.

Pity.
You purchased a $300 JPEG based on a gameplay scenario that existed only in your imagination? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Turns out that I was right about the scenario, since they sell snub fighters for the Caterpillar.
I can't tell if this is a joke.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Traumatized by witnessing and participating in man's inhumanity to man? Join a cult! :eng101:

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Sabreseven posted:

Sounds like a lovely fellow, I guess the mental health issues are a good icebreaker when chatting to him, or could just shout *BANG* really loudly in his vicinity.

I am a oval office :)
Yeah you seem like a terrible, clueless person.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
There aren't even women in Star Citizen it's all gay white clone action.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

TheAgent posted:

but CIG is hiring straight outta college or even younger (no joke)
I looked at the reel of an animator listed high on CIG's linkedin and they couldn't even do a good walk cycle.

The worst reel I've seen in a long time from an ostensible professional.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Despite them all being idiots it's still surprising that the cultists haven't noticed that it's been so long since CIG have shown anything of the A-list actors' characters.

It's also another indication that CIG never intended to show SQ42 at Citcon and the "oops we tried!" video was plan A. Any significant slice of SQ42 is going to include recognizable faces, and if they'd gotten their demo even remotely close to presentable as they claimed they did then they'd have had some bits of cinematics to show off.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Sunswipe posted:

To be fair, you were both wrong.
It's hard to believe people watched the pitch video and had any reaction but derisive laughter, even if they had zero familiarity with Chris Roberts and his shenanigans.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Fat Shat Sings posted:

point is they are just constantly making GBS threads where they eat. They live on these forums too but their only goal is to take them apart poster by poster with an endlessly train of trolls. It's not hard to go to https://www.sonicautists.com and say "Hey guys, just want to remind you, the blue hedgehog isn't actually a person and doesn't have thoughts and feelings of his own. He is a video game character and not a real person."

But nope. Zero effort / Zero stakes / Zero point constant shitlording of their own habitat.
Have you considered the possibility that they are long game trolls from sonicautists.com?

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Fat Shat Sings posted:

What are you talking about? It's perfectly plausible that 140,000,000,000 UEC of pre-sold assets won't be a problem in a fully simulated 9:1 ratio of 4,500,000 NPCS that aren't in the background and are actual entities, rendered at 10x the level of detail of any other game, running a functioning economy in 100 systems on hundreds of playable areas in hundreds of thousands of ships that are also rendered at 10x the level of detail of any other game.

It's so little of a problem that I bought a $300 mining ship and a $900 space farm ship to take full advantage of all of the wondrous features of the economy due to my full confidence in the future.

Just don't ask me any specifics on cargo, trading, resources, currency, ship replacement and insurance, missions and mission payouts, how a hard limit on systems will work, what areas will be able to be explored, what the resources for trading or hauling would even be in the first place, how ship loss will be handled, how exploits will be handled, how guild activities work, how instances work in terms of resources and resource rarity, how NPC crew would work, what checks and balances there would be to protect the magical millions of real NPC economy, how real money trading will work, how the price of UEC will be prevented from massive hyperinflation due to pre-selling $140m worth of assets, or any other actual detail or real information other than heresay or years old speculation and complete backer fantasies on any of a thousand different things that would need to be known, worked on, figured out and already exist by this point.

but I've got my eye on a $700 hauling ship.and a $3000 destroyer though.
Chris said he could see ships costing "significantly more" in game UEC than people are getting them for now. So it's "significantly more" than 140,000,000,000 UEC of pre-sold assets.

Otherwise big fan of the post could not agree more.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
They're just now getting out of the concept 2D phase.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

There was technobabble though
The couch segments were just plain babble.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
CIG must have massive, doomsday level problems in their performance capture, modeling, and animation pipelines. It's been a full year now since they showed any hint of SQ42 cast in-game with John Rhys-Davies' character model spinning in place on the last holiday live stream. And the last character in motion they showed was in the Old Man teaser a month or so before that.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

LastCaress posted:

Nobody would've cared about audio sync issues if they could've shown some interesting gameplay.
Amusingly the lovely stream quality is the thing most of the cultists are getting upset about. For example the INN morons all said that they were disappointed in the stream but their faith in the developers is unwavering.

So if anything CIG loving up the live stream successfully took attention away from the fact that they have literally nothing worth showing.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Wasn't there a Sean Tracy interview earlier in the year where he said Star Engine is like 50% new code or something to that effect?

Granted he's 100% full of poo poo and the cultists have repeatedly established that they're too dim to be bothered by blatant contradictions coming from the mouths of their prophets.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
That's him, in the lower right corner. Smart swatting advocate.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

peter gabriel posted:

it is still in beta :negative:
beta cuck game engine. Star Citizen is alpha male.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
If Amazon was clueless enough to buy the Cryengine license for $70,000,000 maybe they actually did decide to invest directly into CIG on some level.

It would be hilarious. Please, Santa.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
It's hilarious how the cultists' new rallying cry is "The engine transition went well! Chris said so!" to distract themselves from the fact that CIG showed essentially nothing for an entire year aside from a couple mocked up demos.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Lladre posted:

Moma appears to actually have a source.
As evidenced by him getting Citcon completely wrong.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Decrepus posted:

I said that learning Lumberyard would be good for when CIG lets you run your own private Star Citizen server like they said you would be able to.

Someone didn't realize I was joking and said they were really excited about that too.

:smith:
My reddit account that I made to troll cultists keeps getting more and more positive /r/starcitizen karma because these dummies are incapable of recognizing sarcasm.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
So are the hit boxes in Star Marine actually gigantic boxes or is that the visualization chosen by the guy who wrote the wallhack?

You'd think the bestest most fidelitous FPS ever which will put Battlefield and CoD to shame would simulate separate toes or at least you know, limbs and headshots.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Hilarious SC parallels too. Descriptions of red flag after red flag followed by, "Anyway, I gave him some more money."

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Chalks posted:

Buddy, if you stop posting that and people immediately start discussing their favourite soap flavours I will not blame you for repeating yourself a few times.

I mean you could be forgiven for thinking that everyone in this thread was capable of seeing the line between "having a different opinion about a space game" and "tracking down someone's real name and home address, then posting personal info about them". It seems like a pretty broad line. Like a line so broad you wonder quite what mental processes were involved in getting from A to B.

But as with all these things, it turns out the warning label was there for a reason.

"but after they trawled through their private life they found some stuff that looked sleazy so it's all justified" is apparently an actual thing.
You seem very keen on defending WTFosaurus' actions and depicting a Twitch streamer with hundreds of people paying him $5/month as some nobody with 10 viewers.

Are you big in the PUA "industry"?

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Thoatse posted:

3:33 is noteworthy

e: ...so are the few minutes leading up to it

https://www.twitch.tv/thestaceyroy/v/111219742?t=03h30m01s
If they ever refer to him by his real name in this video you're a filthy doxxer and should be banned.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Apparently having a weapon equipped in the PU can cause you to not have iron sights for that weapon in Star Marine. The modules are fully integrated!

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Tomorrow CIG officially resumes pretending to develop their video games.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

spacetoaster posted:

I'm just trying to rationalize in my brain why she (and everyone else) put up with what he was doing during the live stream.

I think she didn't karate chop him to his face because her streams make her money and she didn't want to ruin that evenings show.
He's hobo Cosby in hobo Hollywood.

Among the desperate masses of dummies hoping to hit the Twitch lottery someone like Wtf who makes a living off subscribers is viewed as having "made it" in a hilariously sad sense. Thestaceyroy doesn't even have a subscription button from Twitch. You have to broadcast a lot with a consistent baseline viewership to get one, so maybe in her mind it's worth being pawed at by a guy with a thousand subscribers if his viewership comes over and gets her numbers up.

They probably don't realize that he's got a literal cult propping him up and never gets higher than a couple hundred viewers without view-botting.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Atreiden posted:

I don't really play fps games, but is it normal to do these lovely goggles/mask overlays? it looks lovely and combined with the head-bobbing, it has made me hate just watching youtube clips of the game.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

It's never usually this bad.
It was distracting at first in Half Life 2 having the thick frames of Gordon Freeman's glasses taking up a fifth of the screen but my brain eventually tuned it out.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Years ago we had a lot of fun theory-crafting how CIG was going to handle instances and players. This was before they went fully open and demonstrated that they could barely handle 20 people in an entire solar system, and instead every encounter would be an instance like a match in Arena Commander. Was an instance going to be player-limited or ship-limited? If it was ship limited, did a player going EVA "count" as a ship? What about NPCs? How would CIG balance the load inside an instance so that one team didn't simply fill it up and the other side would be outnumbered? Unfortunately none of these questions were ever answered, and given CIG's inability to deliver netcode I suspect they never will. The difference between a ship and player-limited instance was pretty critical. If the instance was player limited then it made sense to have everyone be in small ships to maximize individual firepower. On the other hand if the instance was ship limited then throwing a large number of bigger ships with more players made sense. My favorite bit of theory crafting was that, if CIG limited instances by the number of ships, then the easiest way to crash the server would be to take a transport ship full of players and dump them into space.

I miss those days.
Those heady days before you reached OT8 and realized LRH was a hack.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Is it actually illegal for companies to lie about how many employees they have in a powerpoint presentation at a convention? Or count custodians and the people in the food truck outside as employees?

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

MedicineHut posted:

Star Marine novelty means 64000 players have tried Last Stand mode of which 5100 have played for more than 2 hours and barely 1000 have played more than 6 hours.
Genuinely surprised by the 64,000 figure. I suppose it was the only vaguely significant but not really significant bit of content released for the entirety of 2016.

I bet they have barely a few thousand dedicated whale cultists remaining.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
"Apparently" it found a parking spot in a lot and backed in.

They claim it has a 300 mile range, uhhh they drove it around in a warehouse for a few minutes so it exists! "The wireless charging could be insane." Could be. All according to a dude who is famous for talking about iphones. "Why not be super optimistic about it?" "Cross your fingers!"

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Young Freud posted:

Which is how it should have been. There was no need to bring them in mocap suits other than vanity.
If CIG had actually had people capable of setting up performance capture rigs it might have been neat.

And if they had done the performance capture after nailing down models and design specifications.

Also if they were in a good game with a decent script written by someone with talent.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Why would Erin Roberts, head of Foundry 42, the biggest studio focusing primarily on SQ42, need to fly across the Atlantic for a PU discussion?

And why is this taking place in Austin? Surely Chris could more conveniently have the minions fly to him in LA.

Thanks for the confirmations, Sandi.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I gave up trying to explain basic game design concepts to citizens when a group of them would not relent in insisting that the current representation of ArcCorp in the social module is a full scale city that could be dragged and dropped onto a procedurally generated crysis planet and seamlessly approached from space.

You could walk them down the middle of the set of a Hollywood Western and they'd think every building on the street was fully built out.

They are amazingly stupid people.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Show them the various videos of people falling through the floor and exposing how fake the entire "city" really is.
drat, yeah should've done that. I got caught up trying to explain levels of detail and facades like a dummy.

Unfortunately this was awhile ago. Would've been interested to see their response.

Daztek posted:

It's in ALPHA, JEEZ.
That's probably accurate.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Zzr posted:

Why there is no dancing cat playing sc at the empty keyboard ?
I tried to put :pgabz: frames as a pattern along the guy's sweater but could not get it to read well.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

MeLKoR posted:

If someone is loving with Cymelion please stop, you're freaking him out. I've been talking to the dude for over a year, he's deep in denial, determined to go down with the ship no matter what happens and he gets on my nerves on occasion but he's not actively malicious. Now he's saying that someone is sending him messages on Youtube that he's interpreting as threats and that someone made an account with a similar name and is posting racist stuff on reddit to make him look bad.

Dude is flipping out thinking SA is trawling his online presence and organizing some sort of mass attack on him. If any of you is touching the poop, please stop.

e: Cymelion is not a paid shill, of that I'm positively sure. The level of commitment he poured into this game makes me suspect he has some serious issues going on his life and at the very least he should get therapy, but he's a victim not a villain. Stop poking my pet whale. :argh:
He's dumb enough to do it for free but he's still enthusiastically shilling for a scam. Being unpaid doesn't make it much less reprehensible. Threats aren't cool but he's earned any and all mockery coming his way.

What is the supposed handle of the person pretending to be him? Checking the most obvious variations doesn't turn up any accounts. He's probably bullshitting you.

And he posts far too much in /r/ds to be crying about trawling of online presences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

MeLKoR posted:

He isn't.
What's the reddit account then?

How is someone pretending to be racist Cymelion on reddit without using Cyrnelion or Cymeli0n or Cymelion_ etc?