Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Hm, not sure how to get more resources in this Kylo/Troopers deck, or what else it would benefit from

quote:

Characters:

2x Kylo Ren
1x First Order Stormtrooper
1x First Order Stormtrooper

Battlefield:
Emperor's Throne Room

Upgrades:
2x Sith Holocron
2x F-11D Rifle
1x Mind Probe
1x Kylo Ren's Lightsaber
1x Immobilize
2x Promotion
2x Datapad
2x Holdout Blaster

Supports:
2x Power of the Dark Side

Events:
2x Sweep the Area
2x Probe
2x Tactical Mastery
1x The Best Defense...
2x Intimidate
2x No Mercy
2x Nowhere to Run
2x Logistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Merauder posted:

Do you know how Alliance's allocation compared against GTS/ACD/the rest?

Well if anecdotal evidence counts, this wave I requested 12 boxes each from ACD, GTS and Alliance. I got 8, 5 and 2 respectively.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Merauder posted:

Do you know how Alliance's allocation compared against GTS/ACD/the rest?

Nope. Those things aren't public record or anything, that's just what our rep told our ordering manager. Like Dr. Clockwork we are getting more of our request as a percentage from other distributors, but that's likely just because Alliance is the biggest distributor and so has more clients to split the wave up among. Though we're also getting two boxes from them, which seems kind of like a lot of they only got 100; maybe I misunderstood and our rep got that many? But in any case, given our store alone probably wants close to 100 boxes in an ideal world, it seems unlikely this wave is going to seriously address the lack of supply.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Well if anecdotal evidence counts, this wave I requested 12 boxes each from ACD, GTS and Alliance. I got 8, 5 and 2 respectively.

My store requested "all they could get" and got allocated 2 from each of Alliance, SouthernHobby and ACD. 8 out of ACD seems crazy to me. They generally don't have poo poo as far as inventory goes. They must really like you to allocate you 8 boxes.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

ShowTime posted:

My store requested "all they could get" and got allocated 2 from each of Alliance, SouthernHobby and ACD. 8 out of ACD seems crazy to me. They generally don't have poo poo as far as inventory goes. They must really like you to allocate you 8 boxes.

ACD is my primary distributor and I will sing their praises forever. I don't have nearly the same stock issues, mispacks, damages and other bullshit that I see with the others.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Dr. Clockwork posted:

ACD is my primary distributor and I will sing their praises forever. I don't have nearly the same stock issues, mispacks, damages and other bullshit that I see with the others.

Who is your rep? Tamara is ours and I do love the personnel at ACD, but their website is poo poo and many times caused me not to order from them. I hear they changed it, but i'm no longer in the industry and don't know for sure. Alliance is hands down the worst at packaging. It's pretty laughable how they package some things.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Who is your rep? Tamara is ours and I do love the personnel at ACD, but their website is poo poo and many times caused me not to order from them. I hear they changed it, but i'm no longer in the industry and don't know for sure. Alliance is hands down the worst at packaging. It's pretty laughable how they package some things.

I've got Davis, and he's awesome. I get the feeling I'm one of his bigger accounts so maybe I do get some special treatment. I dunno. Their new website is light years better than it used to be, on par with Alliance's ordering system. I'd love to spend more money with Alliance but I get tired of the constant mispacks and damaged merchandise. It's ridiculous.

Even though I use ACD primarily, I have several other accounts open in case I need to shotgun blast a release like Destiny. Allocations are still ridiculous right now, but thankfully a trickle from five different sources can almost make up for it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's what we did too. Our main was Alliance for several years, but as of about two years ago that switched to mainly SouthernHobby. Alliance is losing a lot of their exclusives that kept them in the drivers seat for years and you can see a lot of their stores switching to other distributors. Had a lot of bad experiences with Alliance that don't include all their shipping mistakes. I'm not shocked that you get treated well if you are a main account. The rep at SH showed us a lot of love since we were his main account.

It's interesting seeing how other stores got allocated. I've been reading what others are saying on Reddit and this shipment was almost universally much smaller than expected. I'm wondering how the Amazon gently caress up affected this wave. I think FFG shipped Amazon way too much and didn't catch the mistake until far too late. The Amazon error was that they were seeing booster boxes as booster packs and shipped out boxes instead of packs. FFG might have made the same mistake when shipping to Amazon, which meant less going out to distributors, as Amazon got sent way too many boxes. Then Amazon goes and sells all your product in $9 increments until its gone.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

ShowTime posted:

I too order from ACD as my primary, Cole is my rep and Ive never had issue, allocations can be a bitch some times, but thats life, I used to use Alliance, but I cant stand their rates, getting charged 2% for cc payment, and their base margin isn't as good as ACD. I have a GTS account, but never order from them, at least not yet, but my shop is pretty small still, hope to expand next year.

On topic I just got 3 cases in (18 boxes). I got 6 from FFG/Asmodee direct, and 12 from ACD.

Dr. Clockword and ShowTime, we should hook up on facebook or something, would love to have other store owners / runners to shoot the poo poo with. (same for any other store crew in here)

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 22, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Now that we're starting to get more cards in hands, let's see about trading extra commons/uncommons to round out sets?

I need any or all of the following:

Commons
Sweep the Area
He Doesn’t Like You
Lying in Wait
My Kind of Scum
Field Medic
Strategic Planning
Riposte

Uncommon
2x
Force Strike
Underworld Connections
It’s a Trap!
Retreat
Resistance HQ
Willpower
Dug In
Leadership
It Binds All Things
All In
Reversal

1x:
Echo Base
Endless Ranks
Tactical Mastery
Abandon All Hope
No Mercy
Emperor’s Favor
Ace in the Hole
Confiscation
Fight Dirty
Commando Raid
Jedi Council
Daring Escape
Hyperspace Jump
Let the Wookiee Win
Shoot First
Play the Odds
Second Chance
Mind Trick
Electroshock
Infamous
Command Center

And I have extras of the following:
Cannon Fodder
Closing the Net
Occupation
The Best Defense…
Enrage
Feel Your Anger
Intimidate
Pulling the Strings
Backup Muscle
Hit and Run
Surgical Strike
Defensive Stance
Heroism
Scavenge
Award Ceremony
Firepower
Logistics
Squad Tactics
Disturbance in the Force
Block
Dodge
Flank
Take Cover
Unpredictable
Mos Eisley Spaceport
Separatist Base

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'll be opening a box later tonight/tomorrow and i'm sure we can work out a swap to complete our sets. I'll let you know. I may open one and we'll see if I still need one, but any chance you have a Poe Dameron or Han Solo? Those are my main needs right now, as well as possibly one Millennium Falcon and Launch Bay.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

ShowTime posted:

I'll be opening a box later tonight/tomorrow and i'm sure we can work out a swap to complete our sets. I'll let you know. I may open one and we'll see if I still need one, but any chance you have a Poe Dameron or Han Solo? Those are my main needs right now, as well as possibly one Millennium Falcon and Launch Bay.

I have the following legendaries:

AT-ST
Force Choke
Jabba the Hutt
Launch Bay
Luke Skywalker’s Lightsaber

Had a Falcon but I traded it for a big stack of rares to fill out my Stormtrooper/Kylo deck.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 22, 2016

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
FFG's retail store in MN had boxes (max 2 per customer) and packs for sale this morning. I'm guessing other stores should start to get their next shipments quickly.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
So, opened a half box... got a Luke and Black One. Distressingly, the Black One die had a small blemish, I picked at it since it looked like a loose piece of sprue or something and a tiny chunk of facing came off.

Why did it have to be black one and not something dumb like jedi robes?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That does suck. Did you keep the piece that fell off? You could potentially repair it and maybe at least do a serviceable job with a black sharpie. I realize its not perfect, but maybe its something. Whatever you put on it you should be able to seal up with some kind of matte varnish, like they use for miniature models. Some people on reddit were talking about doing that anyway, to help their dice stay pretty.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

ShowTime posted:

That does suck. Did you keep the piece that fell off? You could potentially repair it and maybe at least do a serviceable job with a black sharpie. I realize its not perfect, but maybe its something. Whatever you put on it you should be able to seal up with some kind of matte varnish, like they use for miniature models. Some people on reddit were talking about doing that anyway, to help their dice stay pretty.

Unfortunately fair weighting on dice is so important that I'd expect things like that to make them illegal for tournament play. I'd hold off if you care about that.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

FFG is decent about replacement parts, maybe it would be worth a shot to call or email them and see if they'd be willing to replace the defective die?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Dr. Clockwork posted:

FFG is decent about replacement parts, maybe it would be worth a shot to call or email them and see if they'd be willing to replace the defective die?

Their response to people getting defected, misprinted or mismatched dice has been to send a new random sealed booster pack

http://parts.asmodeena.com/about.php

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Someone at my local store has a misprinted Millennium Falcon (it's got an extra 3 discard instead of the 2 focus) I wonder if those dice will be worth more in the future like misprinted cards in magic are?

Ran this last night, seemed to work quite well (especially when you get the lightsaber in your opening hand) and only needs the 1 legendary:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Local places either got no cards, or sold out within 2 hours. I might as well just give up this stupid game. Hard to keep interest when you can't even get the game.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What are people using for their storage for dice and cards? I know ZenBins plan on kick starting something in the future but I heard certain Plano boxes are also good

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Local places either got no cards, or sold out within 2 hours. I might as well just give up this stupid game. Hard to keep interest when you can't even get the game.

Yeah, like I said earlier (and someone disputed), they're really making GBS threads the bed here and it's killing some scenes before they can get rolling. People got their starters, found interest in the game, couldn't get their hands on boosters, and don't want to wait a month to start the game, especially with the holiday season and getting a lot of other gaming gifts.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Just hop on over to the Steam sale and grab yourself TableTop Simulator. It should keep you happy until real product starts making its way to stores.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I can share my printable pdfs for proxxying if it's not too :filez: The card images come straight from FFG's site, I just put them into a template.

snuff
Jul 16, 2003
In Europe stock seems to be fine, I know this doesn't help but it's a bit weird hearing about this low stock and seeing loads of booster boxes for sale.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
My local store sold out in several hours. The game is wicked popular and I sincerely hope it continues to grow. I really like this game and want to see it do well. I also just watched Rogue One so i'm on a pretty crazy Star Wars high right now.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

I can share my printable pdfs for proxxying if it's not too :filez: The card images come straight from FFG's site, I just put them into a template.

forgiveness is easier than permission

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

This is what they look like (but higher res).

There's two pages to see them all:

https://app.box.com/s/g106nrnhfq118efk88hhgnp2x5jll49i/2/15040329172

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

snuff posted:

In Europe stock seems to be fine, I know this doesn't help but it's a bit weird hearing about this low stock and seeing loads of booster boxes for sale.

We are just hitting the point now where stores are running out here in Melbourne, Australia. According to my FLGS they are expecting a big shipment in the first week of January though.

It's not like they haven't been selling either, boxes have been flying off the shelves like hotcakes.

I have personally had access to as much stock as I wanted to buy though, I'm only 9 legendary dice away from a full set of everything.

e: In other news my local store ran a 3 week casual league where they only counted the best 2 weeks you had out of the 3.

I won out of the 8 or 9 players that participated, but it was mostly through sheer volume of games played. I was usually one of the first to arrive and always the last to leave. You scored 2 points for a win, 1 for a loss and 1 for every different person you played.

Scored one of those sweet 2 player mats as the first prize.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 23, 2016

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, like I said earlier (and someone disputed), they're really making GBS threads the bed here and it's killing some scenes before they can get rolling. People got their starters, found interest in the game, couldn't get their hands on boosters, and don't want to wait a month to start the game, especially with the holiday season and getting a lot of other gaming gifts.

:rolldice:

I cracked a box today, traded a box of Magic's Kaladesh straight up for it. No regrets! Got a Vader, Luke, Jabba, Poe, AT-ST, and One With the Force.

My LGS is getting three of each starter and a box of boosters tomorrow. It's a small amount, for sure, but I'm hoping it won't be too long before a full release.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

KO Derf posted:

Just hop on over to the Steam sale and grab yourself TableTop Simulator. It should keep you happy until real product starts making its way to stores.

I do have TTS already. How many goons actually use it for Destiny?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

My local store got a bunch of boxes yesterday and sold them all in 20 minutes.
This launch is pretty bungled, especially in context of how much promotion and prerelease buzz they did.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Woo, went 2-1 with a NightSister + 3 Stormtrooper deck.

Squad Tactics + Nowhere To Run + "I'll resolve 8 ranged damage"

And Nightsister keeping shields up. "Yeah, I don't like that die. Reroll it."

Only now am I realizing that Nightsister would really like "hidden in shadows"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I do have TTS already. How many goons actually use it for Destiny?

I have it installed, I guess.

Decklist that works well for Nightsister + 3 Troopers:

quote:

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Star Wars Destiny Deckbuilder

Total Cards: (30)

Character: (29/30)
3x First Order Stormtrooper (Awakenings)
1x Nightsister (Awakenings)

Battlefield:
1x Imperial Armory (Awakenings)

Event: (12)
2x Nowhere to Run (Awakenings)
2x Logistics (Awakenings)
2x Tactical Mastery (Awakenings)
1x Endless Ranks (Awakenings)
1x Occupation (Awakenings)
2x Squad Tactics (Awakenings)
2x Intimidate (Awakenings)

Support: (2)
2x Power of the Dark Side (Awakenings)

Upgrade: (16)
2x F-11D Rifle (Awakenings)
1x Force Throw (Awakenings)
1x IQA-11 Blaster Rifle (Awakenings)
2x Holdout Blaster (Awakenings)
2x Promotion (Awakenings)
2x DH-17 Blaster Pistol (Awakenings)
1x Force Choke (Awakenings)
2x Mind Probe (Awakenings)
1x Sith Holocron (Awakenings)
2x Hidden in Shadow (Awakenings)

Deviant fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 23, 2016

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/23/were-not-done-yet/

Q1 Destiny Prize Kit is online. Love that alt art Kylo Ren

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I really wish they had a play mat that looked like the one they have in the FFG how to play YouTube video

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Cracked another box today:

Poe Dameron
Millennium Falcon
Luke's Lightsaber
AT-ST
Kylo's Lightsaber
Commanding Presence

I'm gonna update my trade fodder and collection and make a spreadsheet.

Edit:
This should work.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eMHzTQ3zz8xNcojcmONq61HcHJWJVsHtrFCW7hQhQVs/edit?usp=sharing
H: Anything I have more than 2 of.
W: Anything I don't have 2 of.

Everything else negotiable.
If you want to filter it, click the Funnel icon and "create temporary filter view"

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 23, 2016

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I managed to get mostly new stuff from my box thankfully, but still didn't get everything I want. I am really looking for another Han Solo, as I just got my Poe Dameron I was looking for.

Here are the extra things I am looking to get rid of:

Darth Vader x2
One With the Force x2
IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
Immobilize
Force Protection
First Order Tie Fighter
Promotion
Jedi Robes
DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol
Cunning x2
Black Market
Infiltrate
Count Dooku
Leia Organa
Rebel Trooper x2

and the things I want:

Han Solo
Force Choke x2
Millennium Falcon
AT-ST
Captain Phasma
Qui-Gon Jinn
Scout
Survival Gear
Datapad

I just use Ebay completed sales for prices and as long as things are mostly equal in value, I consider it fair.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I may have a serious addiction.

A store in the other side of the city just advertised they had a bunch of singles they had just restocked so now I'm picking up 8 of the 9 legendaries I'm missing. I would have grabbed the 9th if they had one for sale too. Buying all 9 legendaries worked out cheaper than buying another box anyway.

I'm now officially 1 dice away from having 2 of everything.

At least the temptation to buy boosters is gone now.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So I just opened like 15 boosters that my friend scored for me at a FLGS, the legendaries I got were Jabba, Poe, the Falcon, and a Thermal Detonator, I've probably got some good poo poo to work with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I may have a serious addiction.

A store in the other side of the city just advertised they had a bunch of singles they had just restocked so now I'm picking up 8 of the 9 legendaries I'm missing. I would have grabbed the 9th if they had one for sale too. Buying all 9 legendaries worked out cheaper than buying another box anyway.

I'm now officially 1 dice away from having 2 of everything.

At least the temptation to buy boosters is gone now.

alright, tell us how much you've put in to it for :science: