Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

How do you put a list of 50 good shows that were on this year and leave out OITNB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Hey thanks again for this recommendation, I really didn't like the direction the show seemed to be taking around midway through the season but the final couple of episodes completely redeemed it and took things back in the direction I had been hoping for - Mob's "explosion" gaining a positive outlet instead of a negative one, allowing Reigen to talk to the other Espers as an adult and hammer home just how pathetic and petty they and their vision of world conquest was. Like you say Reigen is an exceptionally great character.

More on-topic, I think I've roughly got my list sorted but I wanted to check out Black Mirror before writing anything final down, as I've heard such great things about it but never actually settled down to watch it. Given the large amount of really good TV I watched this year, I've found it surprisingly difficult to come up with a Top 10 that I think actually warrants being called the "best" of 2016. There was a lot of very good television this year but even the very best shows this year don't really stand up to my top two from last year (Jessica Jones and Fargo) and I think I've been unfairly judging them by that standard.

JJ and Fargo, and Luke Cage all deserve top 10 lists.

Those and Orange is the new Black, and Crazy Ex Girlfriend, which I haven't seen mentioned here. And The Get Down.

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Fargo is not in contention for the Best of 2016. Because it came out in 2015.

Sorry, my bad.

Still wondering why OitnB isn't on anyone's list here though.

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

Cause it wasn't that fantastic or memorable outside of the final two eps imo. It's like, 42 on my full list.

But the final two eps leave you hankering for more!

• Locked thread