Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

10. The Good Place. It 's pretty funny, I like Kristen Bell and Ted Danson, and there's a good comedy on NBC again.

9. Unreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I think I didn't like this season as much as s1 but that's OK, it's funny still and I'm glad there's still a 30 Rock-like show to watch with the lots of jokes they do.

8. Always Sunny. Not their best season but it's an all-time good sitcom so I'm going to keep putting it on my list.

7. Black Sails. It's not particularly "high brow" but it's good fun, kind of like a lower rent Game of Thrones except with pirates instead of fantasy people. The reasons I like it are probably the same reasons people watch those comic book shows but pirates are cooler, they have cool clothes instead of wearing tights and masks and stuff. The gay pirate is pretty evil in this sason.

6. Better Call Saul. It's the Breaking Bad show of Walter White but it's the lawyer instead of the drug guys, and it has Mike and he's older than ever. I like the stupid dweeb who got his baseball cards stolen. This will end up being their best season but only ranks six on my list, haha.

5. Bojack the Horse Man. The Horse Man known as "Bojack" is back. He's still depressed and hosed up lol. They executed this seaso nwell though because the fuked up stuff "works" imho. It made me sad to watch it.

4. Game of Thrones. I'm a fan of this show. They did a good job making it this year. I'm not sure what this means ubt there will end up being like 60 episodes o f the people all killing each other while the rela danger of the White walkers lurks in the north and then like 10 episodes for dragons to fly in and burn those guys. Possible anticlimax coming(?) but it's been good so far. This was the season with a big battle, lots of blown up people, and where the famous saying "Hold the door" was revealed.

3. Veep. Oh gosh this season was really funny. They did top-notch writing and the funeral episode is probably one of my favorite half hours of comedy ever. Most of the comedies on this list I would watch and say "Hm, that was pretty funny.' But this one I sometimes owuld watch and then come on the internet and post "Whats up boys, tonights Veep episode was really funny, huh? "Thats how I know it was really good.

2. Stranger Things. It's a fresh new show and I like that about it. Ive been known to like Game of Thrones before but it's like season 6 of that show now, it's old hat, these days everyone is watching STranger Things and doing the font (someone tell me how dto do that). It's got a cool theme song that's retro and the show is retro too, but itis still new as well.

1. Survivor. Two great seasons this year, Im always a big Survivor fan but when I watched these I was a big fan of them too. Guess what, it's season 34 or somehting but even though I say I like new things this show always keeps it fresh by having on new people to root for or against. They had some great characters this year. A lot of people might think of competitive reality TV shows, that it's too trashy, or too goofy, or too normie. But if you arent watching Survivor you are missing out. It's got lots of suspense, strategy, and real epople who it's fun to watch because they all do the game differently.

Watched but intentionally not listed :twisted:: Westworld, Mr. Robot. Peace out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's obviously very well done in terms of being a good story with good acting or whatever but what takes it from just being "fine" as you put it to something that really hits home with a lot of people is the mood that it evokes. It's that nostalgic feeling that tugs at you, from the moment you first hear the theme song and see the intro, and on through when you see these geeky 80s kids riding their bikes, and continuing along as they plot secretly away from the parents and so on. If that whole atmosphere fails to connect with you in the same way then you won't respond to it like the bigger fans have. And even though it's got that retro aesthetic it's also very refreshingly different from most new stuff coming out as a PG-rated adventure series that adults will enjoy. If this had been season 5 of the show but it was still exactly this good, I probably wouldn't be ranking it so highly, because admittedly it's not that great, but it's a new thing in TV this year that's hit a sweet spot with a lot of folks, wh oas Escobarbarian puts it all love the 80s for some reason, basically.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 18, 2016

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In solidarity I have deleted my #10 show from my list. Are you gonna count my rankings now? I dare you to try.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm going to give my bonus vote to Black Mirror because I really loved that show's first run but just haven't watched the new season. Please make sure to count this bonus vote in the final totals. What show is everyone else giving their bonus votes to?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I forgot how fun the results roll out is with all the work you put into it, Rarity. Good "show" ha ha

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ok I'll dissent on Person of Interest. It's good for what it is, but it's more like a Marvel series than anything else. A super genius with a super computer recruits a super hero, and using these powers they solve crimes. It has some good serial storytelling beyond the case of the week, and the super heroes and their crew develop a rootable family dynamic. So it's fun, but don't expect it to challenge you or give you deep new insights on surveillance, imo. I also didn't rank Westworld either but that was more because i didn't care for Maeve's storyline whatsoever, and that was a big part of the show. Even for the rest of it, Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris were good but there were too many jumbled plots etc. Definitely still on board for season 2 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Looten Plunder posted:

I was of the understanding that it wasn't eligible after all of the discussion in the Couch Chat thread but it appears I missed the ruling (and didn't read the OP that well) that it would in fact be included. It probably would have made my top 10 as well.
No one was ever gonna vote for it this year, but people will vote for it next year no matter what the tyrants in charge here say!

• Locked thread