Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I did my list for another forum, and after thinking about it I've already changed my mind.

Honorable Mentions- OITNB (great season) Goliath, and The Crown (this was the hardest show to leave off my top 10)

10- Westworld
I was going to leave it off my list, but I realized it was just my personal backlash against some of its fans who treat it like it is deeper than it really is. The writing is weak, and no real character development. Still I enjoyed it enough for it squeak into my top 10. Also WW might be a better show quality wise than ST, but ST was better at what it was suppose to be than WW.

9- Stranger Things
I know it has flaws, but as someone who was a Stephen King reading child/teenager in the 80's I don't care. Might be the weakest show on my list, but it entertained the hell out of me.

8- Love
My biggest surprise of 2016. I adore this show. Please more people watch it. Gillian Jacobs and Paul Rust are just amazing in it.

7- The Americans
I binged watched every season in 2016, and it just got better with every season quality wise. I feel like it should be higher (maybe over Mr. Robot), but maybe I am unfairly punishing it because of the way I watched it.

6- Silicon Valley
Not its strongest season, but still amazing.

5- Mr. Robot
I am surprised I am rating it so high. I had tons of issue with this season, but in the end it is the show I am looking forward to the most in 2017. It blew my mind at times.

4- Atlanta
The most original series of 2016. Also it is drat good. Donald Glover is a true renaissance man.

3- Game of Thrones
I was starting to lose hope in the show last year, but this season all hope has been restored.

2- Quarry
Some of the best acting and directing on television this year. Also the finale with a 7 minute continuous one shot set in the Vietnam War might be the high point of the year.

1- Halt & Catch Fire
This was my number 2 show last year (behind Leftovers), and since no Leftovers this year it took my top spot easily. Criminally under-watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
One thing this thread has convinced me is to give Crazy Ex Girlfriend a try.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Thanks Rarity. This was really fun. I'm going to have to remember to do this again next year.

My only regret is I voted before I watched American Crime Story and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Westworld should of never been in my top 10.

• Locked thread