Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

but they have Cody and a dude in a bear suit and Shane Helms

Also they had and lost Keith Lee and completely botched that relationship

I still have no idea what they saw in Shane Taylor outside of "guy we need to get Keith Lee on our roster"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Don't worry, I'm sure Punishment Martinez will be the next breakout star they're looking for

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ROH and WWE have prior form.

Remember the contract tampering situation two years ago too.

But yeah it is ROH vs WWE, MSG vs WWE and MSG vs Barclays Center.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Punishment Martinez will be the next breakout star they're looking for

please do not disparage the current ROH TV Champion who lost to ROH Top Prospect Lio Rush in the second round in the tournament that saw the runner up top ROH prospect retire after a 15+ year career

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if you actually want to slam roh for passing off old guys as young heres the forgotten third member of legacy "manu" working a future of honor match last week against a man who has to be 40 years old named "j-rocc"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlfgxP0hj8

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

J-Rocc is indeed 40. Debuted in '98, trained by Tracy Smothers

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Roque11 posted:

The whole idea of Kyle to WWE is laughable for a number of reasons. Kyle plays this game every week year with ROH. People have jump the gun on this like they did with Hero.

Roque11 posted:

Kevin Kelly is not even 100% gone. He just left his office job due to the added stress of doing commentary for New Japan. He'll still be doing announcing work as freelancer. Just more ammo ROH haters are trying to use against the company. Even if he was gone it's no big deal.

Roque11 posted:

Btw, War Machine are booked on the Honor Rising shows, but wait they are headed to WWE.

Roque11 posted:

Looks like Fish was just in for a one and done jobber role, similar to Danny Burch.

Roque11 posted:

I'll call it right now. Between now and June 10th we'll hear about Adam Cole booking more dates past June 10th. Between the June 5th and June 10th we'll hear that all the other ROH names have once again been told you guys will have to wait at least 30-60 more days.

Roque11 posted:

This likely explains why all these wrestlers have been leaving ROH. They don' t want to go to WWE. They've heard rumblings of talks so they're all jumping off before they would end up getting tied down to WWE in a sale.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I too looked back at Roque's post history after reading exploding mummy's post about the OP. :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Every time I feel like we need a new OP I realize we don't.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flyer's Skate Zone would love to host a ROH event.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

if you actually want to slam roh for passing off old guys as young heres the forgotten third member of legacy "manu" working a future of honor match last week against a man who has to be 40 years old named "j-rocc"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlfgxP0hj8

tbh I found it funny because I was at a Chaotic Wrestling show on Fury's retirement tour later that year and that had his second to last match and I remembered the Top Prospect tournament after it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Laviemarg/status/1009795781870669824?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope they fall off a cliff sucking each other's dicks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wiretap804/status/1009814287462723590

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a PPV next Friday

Best in the World

The Kingdom defend the trios titles vs LIJ (EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI)
Adam Page vs Punishment Martinez
KUSHIDA vs Jay Lethal
Briscoes defend tag titles vs Young Bucks
Bully Ray vs Flip Gordon
Austin Aries vs Kenny King
Dalton Castle defends the world title against Cody and Marty Scurll in a triple threat

Possibly main card? For once? The male roster might actually be depleted enough this can happen?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Poor Oedo Tai... :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh yeah I'm going to that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

those are definitely the same ropes they've had since at least 2007

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Apparently, like what usually happens, that's not really what Dave said or at the very least wasn't saying it was in any way likely.

Also wouldn't Sinclair then incur the wrath of Fox proper and, quite possibly Disney by proxy the way things are going?

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jun 25, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Apparently, like what usually happens, that's not really what Dave said or at the very least wasn't saying it was in any way likely.

Also wouldn't Sinclair then incur the wrath of Fox proper and, quite possibly Disney by proxy the way things are going?

Disney's deal is for the movie division, FX and regional sports networks. FOX, FOX News, FS1 and FS2 aren't part of the Disney deal.

But yes, they would incur the wrath of FOX proper by doing that and could risk losing affiliations if they were dumb enough to carry that out.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Ignoring all other reasons why they won't do it; it's 15 months till Smackdown starts on FOX. It's the sort of thing you might threaten in the moment, in no way is it something you actually carry out after over a year to calm down.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love how WRESTLENEWZ sites will take Dave saying "that's not very likely" and write a clickbait article with a title like "DAVE MELTZER SAYS THIS MIGHT HAPPEN"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH still sucks when it doesn't have NJPW guys on the card, tho.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

I love how WRESTLENEWZ sites will take Dave saying "that's not very likely" and write a clickbait article with a title like "DAVE MELTZER SAYS THIS MIGHT HAPPEN"

Especially when Dave was responding to one of those weird, theoretical mailbag questions like "Could PWG do a show at Madison Square Garden?" Then Dave spends five minutes saying basically, "we'll, it's not illegal or anything, but they obviously won't", and that's translated into "PWG could run BOLA at MSG" by Rajah.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Who's gonna watch this roh card?

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Dalton Castle (c) vs. Cody vs. Marty Scurll

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Briscoes (c) vs. The Young Bucks

ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Kingdom (c) vs. EVIL, SANADA, and BUSHI

ROH World TV Championship (Baltimore Street Fight)
Punishment Martinez (c) vs. Adam Page

Flip Gordon vs. Bully Ray

Sumie Sakai, Jenny Rose, Mayu Iwatani, and Tenille Dashwood vs. Kelly Klein, Hazuki, Kagetsu, and Hana Kimura

Jay Lethal vs. KUSHIDA

I think it should be good :ducksiren:

Kenny King vs. Austin Aries

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
its CMLL night

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

>:(

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I'll be at best in the world tonight so if you see a fat dude in a best friends shirt in the front row there's like a 50% chance it's me

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bully Ray is on the card, no buys.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
NJPW x CEO is tonight free on twitch which won't be a great or meaningful card but it's not like literally anything that happens on a ROH PPV has any stakes at this point

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Take that NJPW talk to the NJPW thread. This thread is for Flip Gordon vs Bully Ray.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Bully Ray loving blowwwwsssssss

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahaha the camera guy just fell off the apron

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahahahaha the camera guy just fell off the apron

thought this was the CEOxNJPW GDT for a second

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/MandyLeonxo/status/1012895239437275137

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Flip Gordon did a dumb springboard straight into a dick kick so 10/10

Kind of shocked none of the belts changed hands though, it really felt like time for Dalton to lose

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

John Dudebro posted:

Flip Gordon did a dumb springboard straight into a dick kick so 10/10

Kind of shocked none of the belts changed hands though, it really felt like time for Dalton to lose

The guy recapping for WO/F4W live had a point: ROH might just be waiting for Cody to lose to Kenny before he wins the title, that way the ROH champ's not jobbing to the IWGP champ again.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's Chuck Taylor's time to shine. Or, you know, will be whenever his neck unbreaks itself.

This isn't a sarcastic post

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Draxion posted:

It's Chuck Taylor's time to shine. Or, you know, will be whenever his neck unbreaks itself.

This isn't a sarcastic post

Hell yeah, let every defense break down into a deathmatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I love the Bucks but they just seem so above the ROH titles.

• Locked thread