Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«63 »
What will die first?
ROH
America
View Results
oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

exploded mummy posted:

but they have Cody and a dude in a bear suit and Shane Helms

Also they had and lost Keith Lee and completely botched that relationship

I still have no idea what they saw in Shane Taylor outside of "guy we need to get Keith Lee on our roster"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Don't worry, I'm sure Punishment Martinez will be the next breakout star they're looking for

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

I got your scoops right here.

ROH and WWE have prior form.

Remember the contract tampering situation two years ago too.

But yeah it is ROH vs WWE, MSG vs WWE and MSG vs Barclays Center.

exploded mummy
Sep 10, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Doctor Rope

Benne posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Punishment Martinez will be the next breakout star they're looking for

please do not disparage the current ROH TV Champion who lost to ROH Top Prospect Lio Rush in the second round in the tournament that saw the runner up top ROH prospect retire after a 15+ year career

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if you actually want to slam roh for passing off old guys as young heres the forgotten third member of legacy "manu" working a future of honor match last week against a man who has to be 40 years old named "j-rocc"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlfgxP0hj8

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

J-Rocc is indeed 40. Debuted in '98, trained by Tracy Smothers

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Roque11 posted:

The whole idea of Kyle to WWE is laughable for a number of reasons. Kyle plays this game every week year with ROH. People have jump the gun on this like they did with Hero.

Roque11 posted:

Kevin Kelly is not even 100% gone. He just left his office job due to the added stress of doing commentary for New Japan. He'll still be doing announcing work as freelancer. Just more ammo ROH haters are trying to use against the company. Even if he was gone it's no big deal.

Roque11 posted:

Btw, War Machine are booked on the Honor Rising shows, but wait they are headed to WWE.

Roque11 posted:

Looks like Fish was just in for a one and done jobber role, similar to Danny Burch.

Roque11 posted:

I'll call it right now. Between now and June 10th we'll hear about Adam Cole booking more dates past June 10th. Between the June 5th and June 10th we'll hear that all the other ROH names have once again been told you guys will have to wait at least 30-60 more days.

Roque11 posted:

This likely explains why all these wrestlers have been leaving ROH. They don' t want to go to WWE. They've heard rumblings of talks so they're all jumping off before they would end up getting tied down to WWE in a sale.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!

I too looked back at Roque's post history after reading exploding mummy's post about the OP.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Every time I feel like we need a new OP I realize we don't.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

Flyer's Skate Zone would love to host a ROH event.

exploded mummy
Sep 10, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Doctor Rope

oatgan posted:

if you actually want to slam roh for passing off old guys as young heres the forgotten third member of legacy "manu" working a future of honor match last week against a man who has to be 40 years old named "j-rocc"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlfgxP0hj8

tbh I found it funny because I was at a Chaotic Wrestling show on Fury's retirement tour later that year and that had his second to last match and I remembered the Top Prospect tournament after it

Baron Corbyn
Jul 1, 2012

#AllHail

https://twitter.com/Laviemarg/statu...1870669824?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

I hope they fall off a cliff sucking each other's dicks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

https://twitter.com/wiretap804/stat...814287462723590

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a PPV next Friday

Best in the World

The Kingdom defend the trios titles vs LIJ (EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI)
Adam Page vs Punishment Martinez
KUSHIDA vs Jay Lethal
Briscoes defend tag titles vs Young Bucks
Bully Ray vs Flip Gordon
Austin Aries vs Kenny King
Dalton Castle defends the world title against Cody and Marty Scurll in a triple threat

Possibly main card? For once? The male roster might actually be depleted enough this can happen?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

Poor Oedo Tai...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get running
Start pumping your bunions, I'm coming
I'm the dumbest, who flamethrow your function to Funyons
Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest
Now face the flame fuckers your fame and fate's done with