Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

I have no memory of the 2015 edition, it seems made up.

that was when Jay won the world title to eventually set up Jay vs Jay at BITW in ROH's last superhot ME angle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

that was when Jay won the world title to eventually set up Jay vs Jay at BITW in ROH's last superhot ME angle

Haha friend the game thread where you discuss your TEW booking is that way, we're asking what really happened in the year of 2015

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

I'm not calling you a liar but you are one.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

that was when Jay won the world title to eventually set up Jay vs Jay at BITW in ROH's last vaguely memorable ME angle

That's better

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I haven't heard of Scurll and too young boys but maybe he sometimes poses for a photo with girl too young for him?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I Before E posted:

That's better

last vaguely recognizable ME angle was when cole shaved jay

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

rare Magic card l00k posted:

ROH hasn't recovered among goons from the iPPV after Davey/Elgin where they had all the login issues and there wasn't an insane main event to save the show.

that was the third ippv in a row that there was some bullshit with gfl and the second time they tried to run the show on their own servers or something like that

i know bc i never saw elgin/richards as i had given up on ROH by then

not bc i didn't like it anymore i just wanted to watch the ippvs live and it didn't fuckin work

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I fell out of step with ROH when it became clear they don't give a singular gently caress about making things right. When I have to bug Prince fuckin Nana because the ROH office won't return emails or answer the phone, poo poo's out of hand.

If you're gonna do iPPV, have someone running the social media poo poo that can respond to issues. Have customer support staff ready to answer phones and emails. gently caress. This poo poo is not hard. Going a full week and getting a form response back is not a good look.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

coconono posted:

I haven't heard of Scurll and too young boys but maybe he sometimes poses for a photo with girl too young for him?

He hangs around with some Young fellows but really they are good Christian boys

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Scurll also has a good wrestling dad.

https://twitter.com/MartyScurll/status/919368254547689472

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

source is that the term sometimes just gets thrown around as an insult and they just don't like marty

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Still baiting WWE

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/922611272599908352

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rumors of Bill O’Reilly considering ROH appearances as part of his image rehabilitation tour.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

coconono posted:

Marty Scurll is super damned good, if you want to see a good example find his match against Will Ospreay from Rev Pro High Stakes 2016. It got a ****¾ rating, and was the best match I’ve ever seen live.

I’m super hype I get to see him again at the Ft Lauderdale show, and Kenny Omega for the first time.

E: just rolled back to see why he was brought up. Well that’s not good. Hope it’s just bs.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 26, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/923934825001578496

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

exploded mummy posted:

it's basically the new Breaking Bad for people missing the entire point and identifying with a sociopathic genocidal rear end in a top hat

I watched that show and I think they get the point.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Laviemarg/status/923919091240525824

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/928042836154507265

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
he’s not peabody award winner Nick Searcy but that’s pretty cool

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

remember that one night nick searcy took a froggy bow from the briscoes. that was wild

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
no i dont

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

remember that one night nick searcy took a froggy bow from the briscoes. that was wild

through a table on the floor

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

through a table on the floor

all time great wrestling celebrity appearance

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he had his peabody award with him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nick Searcy being on ROH was already a mindfuck, watching him heel it up and catch a beating was incredible.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Call me when he catches a shoot beating, that would be worth seeing

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/928805907898748928

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Deeply embarrassing

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Everyone laughed at me so I went out and got a white belt in bjj

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

god that sucked rear end

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

oatgan posted:

Everyone laughed at me so I went out and got a white belt in bjj

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was thinking it wasn't terrible until it abruptly switched to the MMA montage that looks like Smoky Mountain's take on BJJ.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Couldn't he at least ripped off mighty mouse's suplex tosa to armbar?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was thinking it wasn't terrible until it abruptly switched to the MMA montage that looks like Smoky Mountain's take on BJJ.

Same. Sin Cara would still beat his rear end.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oh my god all you had to do to make it great was call yourself Rimon Gracie you idiot

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Nothing in that video showed me Simon Grimm wasn't still talentless.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

flashy_mcflash posted:

Seriously, before the MMA stuff, I thought "getting fire broke my brain and now I'm a crazy, violent carny" is at least an interesting gimmick. Then the video cut to the MMA stuff and... lol.

e: Aside from the quality of his MMA, the tonal whiplash between those two parts of the video make the whole thing just poorly thought out.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

Seriously, before the MMA stuff, I thought "getting fire broke my brain and now I'm a crazy, violent carny" is at least an interesting gimmick. Then the video cut to the MMA stuff and... lol.

e: Aside from the quality of his MMA, the tonal whiplash between those two parts of the video make the whole thing just poorly thought out.

Seriously. The for half I was like "That's an interesting direction." And then whoop!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Whatever the hell that is, scrap it and just make that guy debut as Wario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Even with all the responses I read before watching it I still got tonal whiplash from this thing :stare:

• Locked thread