Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
lol how do you get to be more deceptive than wwe when it comes to world champion booling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

lol how do you get to be more deceptive than wwe when it comes to world champion booling

Well, TNA had a habit of selling their UK tours on the promise that Jeff Hardy would be headlining the tour as champ, only to have him 'injured' on an Impact episode 3 days before tour start because, who could have known, Jeff wasn't allowed to leave the country.

I mean, ROH these days seems to follow TNA's old MO of just copying whatever WWE does, just in a dumber way, and regardless of whether what WWE did was good or bad to begin with.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're claiming Dalton's wrestling on the UK tour as well, although the Edinburgh show has him in a six-man with Lethal and Tana against the Kingdom (where he could basically lounge on the apron and then hit the bangarang in the finishing sequence and nothing else), but London supposedly has a title match with EVIL.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 17, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/997243071988420608

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...it's gonna be loving Grado, isn't it?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I dont like grado the wrestler, but enjoy grado audio products. They're decent to excellent. the only one i'm using atm, though, is a simple headphone jack adapter/extender to avoid messing up the end of the cord on the one attached to the headphones itself. That keeps the audio at A+ quality instead of A+-. RoH has really had its ups and downs lately, and right now looks like a bit of a downer but they'll cook up something to get onboard with again sooner or later

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Doing the big promoting for ALL IN makes them look like dorks right now. They really need a freakish athlete with decent mic skills on top with a few other viable guys they can work long meaningful programs with. Definitely more mic work. Talk mad poo poo to each other and to the crowd.

There's always potential there if someone wants to run with it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

roh tv this week was good. i still feel like dalton's reign hasn't been what it could be and i think it should be marty or cody with the title. silas and bcb's act is growin on me.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

STONE COLD 64 posted:

roh tv this week was good. i still feel like dalton's reign hasn't been what it could be and i think it should be marty or cody with the title. silas and bcb's act is growin on me.

BCB should have the title.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

BCB should have the title.

not opposed.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
RoH midcard and so on is still fun, they're just really lacking star power/believable main eventers at this point

Cody is really the only guy who is really "full time" for them who seems like one, and since I personally don't like him very much, welp.

I actually like Castle a lot, but his title reign has still done nothing for me. It's just hard to buy him as a top guy, especially since his opponents haven't really been anyone who can elevate him.

That's my opinion as someone who still enjoys RoH but definitely finds it much less interesting than at almost any other point in its history

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Ring of Honor needs more Sabin.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

one of the boys on a tv taping should step up and challenge dalton for the title. not necessarily turn heel but i think it'd be a cool mentor/mentee twist

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

like the semi annual jay briscoe title shot throughout the 00's

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

like the semi annual jay briscoe title shot throughout the 00's

I remember him challenging Joe when Joe was the champ and Joe getting on the mic after winning and going "You actually thought I'd lose to him? Man, gently caress you!"

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 24, 2018

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember him challenging Joe when Joe was the champ and Joe getting on the mic after winniung and going "You actually thought I'd lose to him? Man, gently caress you!"

man joe's reign was drat good

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
good news Ultimo Guerrero is challenging for the title for some godforsaken reason but maybe he can take the belt to a better promotion where it'll be cared for even more

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

one of the boys on a tv taping should step up and challenge dalton for the title. not necessarily turn heel but i think it'd be a cool mentor/mentee twist

both the boys are pretty good but never get any chances to shine, which is a shame. Throw some masks on em and send them to EVOLVE for a summer.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

danielson's reign was the best though because he made you believe white supremacist delirious could win the championship

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

danielson's reign was the best though because he made you believe white supremacist delirious could win the championship

I consider his reign to be the best ROH reign ever. There are a bunch of genuinely great ones, but his chase and capture and reign are what got me interested in ROH beyond casually reading results and such.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 24, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I consider his reign to be the best ROH reign ever. There are a ton of genuinely great ones, but his chase and capture and reign are what got me interested in ROH beyond casually reading results and such.

What chase he was out of the company for 4 months, won it, was gone for 2 months, had some OK defenses (with a couple great ones) for a few months and then things got started.

Morishima's was the best ever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

What chase he was out of the company for 4 months, won it, was gone for 2 months, had some OK defenses (with a couple great ones) for a few months and then things got started.

Morishima's was the best ever.

He left after promising to leave if he couldn't win after having had multiple title shots, came back and won the title in a super emotional win, made convincing challengers out of Cabana, Delirious, and Roderick Strong (who was a nobody at the time), did one of the best sneaky heel turns ever (putting his title match with Joe ahead of helping ROH defeat CZW), had multiple fantastic title matches with Joe, Nigel, and others.

I don't even consider Morishima's run to be 2nd best, that'd be Joe. Followed by Nigel and Morishima. Morishima just didn't hold my interest at all anywhere close to as well as the other 3. Morishima's best match in ROH is the Fight Without Honor....with Danielson.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I consider his reign to be the best ROH reign ever. There are a bunch of genuinely great ones, but his chase and capture and reign are what got me interested in ROH beyond casually reading results and such.

i think he won it literally on his second or third show back from hiatus

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the pop when danielson gets morishima to a knee at MM2....good lord!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

exploded mummy posted:

good news Ultimo Guerrero is challenging for the title for some godforsaken reason but maybe he can take the belt to a better promotion where it'll be cared for even more

He needs to win and have a 5 year reign where he defends it once.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Now that they've got Colt back, it'd be cool if they did a box set of the Good Times Great Memories tour. They were all great shows and acted as a capstone for an era of ROH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He left after promising to leave if he couldn't win after having had multiple title shots, came back and won the title in a super emotional win, made convincing challengers out of Cabana, Delirious, and Roderick Strong (who was a nobody at the time), did one of the best sneaky heel turns ever (putting his title match with Joe ahead of helping ROH defeat CZW), had multiple fantastic title matches with Joe, Nigel, and others.

I don't even consider Morishima's run to be 2nd best, that'd be Joe. Followed by Nigel and Morishima. Morishima just didn't hold my interest at all anywhere close to as well as the other 3. Morishima's best match in ROH is the Fight Without Honor....with Danielson.

The first 9 months of Joe's reign are so boring. There's a few good matches here and there but it doesn't really kick off until 2004. ROH in 2003 was just nothing special. As for the explanation for his absence, come on the guy had other commitments, commitments that kept him defending for two months. It's bad storytelling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Morishima just having one or two two minute defenses on a card was always cool, especially when he was killing BJ Whitmer because gently caress him

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honor United was fun. I got a photo with Tanahashi, but was too starstruck to really say much except give him my name for an autograph, and I got to slap hands with Jay Lethal when heading back to my seat from the bar and he was leaving the ring. Was not expecting the TV title match to be the most fun thing, but having a super-over hometown babyface probably helped, and Young was very good at working the crowd as a heel. The Bucks match was also great, and the Addiction/LIJ match was good, albeit a bit more comedy based that I expected. They leaned too much on distraction finishes, though, to the point where the ref was getting more heat than the heels. I ducked out right before the finish of the main event because I was jumpy about missing the bus to the train station, but from the noise in the building as I was leaving I think I literally only missed the finish itself.

Martinez/King was really solid, I think tonight made me a Kenny King fan. The match was hurt a bit because of a lot of WWE-centric heckling at Martinez, the people couldn't decide if he was a poor man's Baron Corbin (the correct option) or Roman Reigns.

Tenille & Sumie vs Klein & Chardonnay was at least politely enjoyed. I was dreading catcalls, but mostly people were just quiet and cringing a little whenever Sumie and Chardonnay did something clunky together.

The Bucks, Cody, Tana, Joe Hendry, YTR and Dalton Castle got the biggest pops, from where I was sat.

SoCal Uncensored committed to the gimmick, because they didn't just talk poo poo about the town on the mic during the show, they were basically amusing themselves by heckling the people waiting in line for merch and photo ops before the show. (Also Brandi was wearing that sequinned sling with her street clothes, not just as part of her gear. I thought it was her handbag when i first saw her).

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

You missed another distraction finish, Page got kicked in the balls. Cody is beautiful irl.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm also a bit confused as to the point of the Bully Ray angle. That felt like an excuse to get him on the show that didn't need to have happened when The Boys had gotten a nice pop for winning and could possibly spin that into credibility for the tag belts if they were booked strongly going forward.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I liked the implication that even though he wasn't booked in Scotland, he'd taken the initiative to fly out, organise an Airbnb, and get a bus to the show, just to smack the Boys around.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I felt bad for Lethal during the 6-man. Tanahashi being way more over than him was always gonna be the case, and I guess Dalton is the babyface champ so he SHOULD be over, but I was surprised at how little reaction Jay got. I even tried to (with a wee bit of success) get a Lethal chant going when he tagged in at one point.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I got nostalgic for old ROH, some of the stuff I've been watching:
- Joe defenses
- Morishima defenses
- Danielson anything
- CM Punk's run where he got the title, signed his WWE contract on it, and had an amazing final match
- Cabana/Homicide (lol)
- CZW vs ROH
- Steen/Generico feud

Man I used to love this company

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Berzerker posted:

- Joe defenses
- Morishima defenses
- Danielson anything
- CM Punk's run where he got the title, signed his WWE contract on it, and had an amazing final match
- Cabana/Homicide (lol)
- CZW vs ROH
- Steen/Generico feud

Watch the Black/Danielson vs AMERICAN WOLVES from Tag Title Classic, it's one of the best ROH matches from the last 10 years and a lot of people missed out on it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Berzerker posted:

- Joe defenses
- Morishima defenses
- Danielson anything
- Cabana/Homicide (lol)
- CZW vs ROH
- Steen/Generico feud

is any of that on ROH's network?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can't wait for EVIL to win the ROH title and save this company.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

Given how little Dalton seemed to be able to do last night, that would almost seem like the plan, but I'm not even sure he can do a full singles match.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

is any of that on ROH's network?

Doubtful. HonorClub is mostly Sinclair stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Baron Corbyn posted:

We said this about Kojima and Tanahashi too

• Locked thread