Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi friendos how was Final Battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

What's going?

Kyle is leaving. Others I don't know yet.

For WWE or just other indies?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Corino, Nigel, Kyle and in April Cole.

Fish is most likely staying. War Machine, Rush, Dijak etc are still question marks.

WWE or NJPW for Kyle and Cole?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

Yeah, TNA did that with AJ as well didn't they? TNA also put the title on Jeff Hardy whenever it came time for contract renewals.

Preying on dudes being marks for themselves is fundamental to the wrestling business.

Yes. They did it with AJ (it actually had been the plan anyway though, unlike Hardy) and AJ wanted to stay but Dixie low balled him IIRC.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Who in the hell is even left to announce at this point? Kelly, Corino, Nigel all gone.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Sup Roque

Lmao.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Ripping off a t-shirt to reveal a different alignment one is a top 5 wrestling thing. I love it every time.

It is The Greatest.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Everyone sold that suck it like it was a blast from a cannon. Amazing

Isn't there a gif of this? Someone please post it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Waitwaitwait okay someone help me here.

I get why WWE might want to buy ROH, especially for stuff like Styles, Joe, Bryan, Aries, and hell, maybe even Nigel retrospectives for all I know. I get how/why ROH is having financial issues. I am, however, a little confused as to how/why this stuff is indicative of that happening (except the Young Bucks thing, I think). Someone help me figure out the moving parts with all of this.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

wow i got my red headed lady wrestlers mixed up and thought people were talking about Scarlett Bordeaux

She's no longer a redhead which is a crime against humanity. :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Roque11 posted:

Back to back sellout crowds for ROH this past weekend.

You mean like how every WWE show is a sellout?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

If they are regularly selling out buildings that's a sign that their product is really clicking.

Most of their houses haven't been that notable so eh...

Plus there are sell outs and "sell outs". And I don't know which these are.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Cody is actually a better wrestler than Dalton Castle.

By a lot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Disagreed on that, they are both pretty good, not great and I've seen Dalton in better singles matches than Cody. But Cody is a bit better at working the crowd and building a match so he's a bit more consistent. Dalton is a way, way better character and entertains me a lot more, as if that needs to be said.

Yeah I probably overreacted, I just think Dalton is kinda overrated and his gimmick has worn out its welcome with me personally.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

Uh....hey babey

Thank you for making this joke so I didn't have to, good brother Nick.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Punishment Martinez sucks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This picture is incredible.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was thinking it wasn't terrible until it abruptly switched to the MMA montage that looks like Smoky Mountain's take on BJJ.

Same. Sin Cara would still beat his rear end.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

Seriously, before the MMA stuff, I thought "getting fire broke my brain and now I'm a crazy, violent carny" is at least an interesting gimmick. Then the video cut to the MMA stuff and... lol.

e: Aside from the quality of his MMA, the tonal whiplash between those two parts of the video make the whole thing just poorly thought out.

Seriously. The for half I was like "That's an interesting direction." And then whoop!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

looks like one of those bad self defense tapes that were a dime a dozen several years ago

https://youtu.be/EiXUhUGQTTE

I want a playlist of every bad self defense video. They are the best.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

he already jobbed twice lol

To whom, and also lol.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

protecting their world title? yeah

Seriously Dalton is cool and all but world champ? Nah.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

i agree, it is important roh protect their prestigious title by not putting it on a wrestler who is interesting or fun to watch

I guess Dalton is interesting? His finisher is so dumb I have a hard time getting past it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm not a big fan of his finisher either, but I mean, the crossroads blows too

To be fair I feel like a lot of the damage was done by having to hear Kevin Kelly scream BANGARANG which was just poison to my ears for a long time.

Christ I hated Kevin Kelly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Stephen Amell loving rules.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Did Simon Gotch ever debut? I feel so disconnected from ROH when I don't watch the tv on any regular basis.

Yes. He's bad and loses a lot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

That Honor Club things sounds cool and I will subscribe

For me it's about price and the completeness of the archive but theoretically gently caress yeah.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I was excited when I heard about the prospect of a ROH Network, but without a complete archive I’m out.

WWE really destroyed the market for these sorts of things with their insane offering.

Same but I wouldn't really say they destroyed the market by doing that. I question the veracity of a rotating archive really being better for getting and retaining subscriptions than just the whole deal.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Setting a price point that low has made it difficult for companies to enter the market and run a viable business especially with library expectations being what they are.

I guess my question is would they really be losing that much vs. what they might gain? Not like they do WWE level buys on PPV as is.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Punishment is basically Baron Corbin if he was a better wrestler and somehow managed to have less charisma

Holy poo poo nailed it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Brandi kissed Kenny. She confronted him after Cody left saying that he wouldn't hit a girl and Kenny backed off. Then, Brandi kissed him and was all "You liked it! Go tell Kota!"

I can understand it in story, Brandi was looking for some way to strike back, but I was all "oh honey, that's not how that works". :v:

Wait is Kenny gay or bi? I thought he was bi, in which case you never know I guess! :v:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

There will never be a better move.

That was the finish...of a tournament? In ROH?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

It was a first round match I think

That's.... very slightly less funny but still.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Milonas is like, criminally bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Where do you think the taint is my dude

With BCB it's everywhere.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

i watched those shows and i saw a bunch of empty seats. I guess if a scalper buys them it still counts a sell out though

The WWE Special.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Apparently, like what usually happens, that's not really what Dave said or at the very least wasn't saying it was in any way likely.

Also wouldn't Sinclair then incur the wrath of Fox proper and, quite possibly Disney by proxy the way things are going?

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jun 25, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait they gave Lethal the title with almost no build? LMFAO.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they've been building to it for the past few months with lethal going over everyone who has beaten him since losing the belt before. im guessing dalton hit his wall and cannot go anymore so they pulled the trigger earlier than they were planning to.

I know the first part but like I consider that the first act of a build, then [SCENE MISSING] then act 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

What was act 2 and 3 then, because honestly, the logical next step is "I challenge the champion now that I've redeemed myself".

Let's see. Any direct promo exchange leading up to the match, any decent sized stage whatsoever (i.e. not a nothing show immediately after a much bigger built title defense at a PPV), any promotion at all on TV about where and when the match would take place (and you could apparently watch it on Honor Club so they'd have been smart to really drive that home), anything on TV to drive home what Lethal was doing other than a mediocre ROH promo package...

• Locked thread