Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
anyone going to the hammerstein ppv in march? i didn't know it was even a thing until today, and i thought a bit about getting one of the remaining floor seats, but the ROH roster kinda does nothing for me so i'm not sure it'll be worth it :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

as someone who went to 82 and is going to 83, I think EVOLVE is more compelling than RoH, fwiw. It's way cheaper live ($30-50 vs $40-100), has great talent putting on great matches, and I haven't been disappointed by any of their cards since I started watching late last year. Atmosphere is a weird complaint; all 3 of the shows I've seen at La Boom have had crowds that were pretty into it.

I'm going to War of the Worlds this year for NJPW people, but once NJPW starts running east coast shows, I'll have zero reason to keep up with RoH unless Dalton Castle gets a world champion push or something

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The only reason I ever gave a poo poo about ROH, New Japan, is all set to break away entirely other than a share of talent

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/863201857367408640

And not a moment too loving soon

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/863242805174554629

gently caress ROH. Far more indefensible to watch than even WWE at this point.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

let's be clear: I did not pay $20 for an autograph, but to have an extremely awkward conversation with Naito and hold the IWGP Intercontinental belt :colbert:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

rovert posted:

Don't expect any Cole to WWE action for a little while longer. Despite what I tweeted tonight I don't expect him at Takeover.

huh, wonder if he'll be contract legal in time for TakeOver Brooklyn? would be great to see him have a debut match there, he'd be over as hell in that crowd

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Tanahashi lasted longer at the meet and greet than most of the other New Japan guys; EVIL, Sanada, Bushi, Kushida, and Goto had already left less than halfway through. I mean, they can do what they want but it would have been nice if they said something instead of just taking our money and sending us into an indiscriminate blob of people. I debated waiting until the show ended to see if any of them would sign afterwards, but it was already 11:30 when the main event started and I didn't really care about the title match.

as literally all big NYC venues do 3 minutes after a show ends, they were really forcibly ushering people out onto the sidewalk; I doubt anyone could have signed things even if they'd wanted to

I assumed the feed wasn't on the monitor because it would have created a tunneling effect, but it looks like the main hard cam was facing opposite the stage during the matches, so it just seems rude and lazy on ROH's part to not provide it to the crowd. but hey, rude and lazy defines every one of the three ROH shows I've seen live, so I'm not shocked!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

roh's best shot is for sinclair to be made official state media by the current administration, tbh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i agree, it is important roh protect their prestigious title by not putting it on a wrestler who is interesting or fun to watch

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

bully ray worked me into thinking he was retiring on that global wars tour lmao

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's not the worst, but man, biggest show of the year and it has Tommy Dreamer and Bully Ray?

Cody bores me enough, those two....

i sort of dig it because it is at the hammerstein?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

gdi i'm gonna tune in for best friends/bucks because it's free but the rest of that card is dire

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

punishment martinez is not a real wrestler

i'm pretty sure i've seen him live more than twice but i'm also certain he's fictional

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it's too bad about, well, ring of honor, because honor club VIP seems like the only thing that comes close to wwe network in terms of events+archives for the money

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

To whoever in ROH who thought that booking Crystal Palace sport centre was a good idea, please tell me why it was a good idea to put a couple hundred people on a hot day in late May NEXT TO AN INDOOR SWIMMING POOL WITH NO AIR CON. loving hell, show was enjoyable but everyone was wilting before the meet and greet finished.

ah, the well-known PROGRESS EVOLVE strategy

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

NJPW x CEO is tonight free on twitch which won't be a great or meaningful card but it's not like literally anything that happens on a ROH PPV has any stakes at this point

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahahahaha the camera guy just fell off the apron

thought this was the CEOxNJPW GDT for a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Let's be real, they manage to book Punk/Omega for that show and they're selling the place out.

Punk's ego seems big enough that he'd happily take credit for selling out the Garden so I could see it. I think it'd be huge because they're trying to draw from the big WrestleMania tourist crowd, and this could draw from the big contingent of fans who don't really care about NJPW and definitely wouldn't care about ROH and would normally just be going to the NXT show that night

• Locked thread