Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Sinclair wants to rip off Herb Abrams UWF.

Ok you were convincing me but this just killed your argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ROH is stealing Michael Cole? Huge get.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hasn't ROH historically had lots of trouble with having babyfaces in general? It feels like they're the last company that could actually pull off an outsider invasion unless it involved like, John Cena.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Thauros posted:

on a simialr note Matt Hardy worked really loving well as an invader heel during his shortish recent stint

I was actually going to say Matt Hardy but his 2016 changed things to the point where if the Hardy family invaded ROH I don't know if there's anyone crowds would want to see beat them.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Muddy Burphy posted:

I saw a fake Billy Gunn top prospect graphic on Twitter and was sad that it isn't true

Well duh, he can't go by Billy Gunn.

Now Kip Sopp, there's a prospect.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I hope ROH does do 10000 with Cody in the main event because if they can draw 10k New Japan can do so easily as well.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also because if ROH tries to do 10000+ they'll fail horribly and that will be funny.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

if you did roh vs. impact vs. wwn could you fill the allstate? with cody, the bucks, alberto, lashley and riddle on top of the card? maybe you get 8k if lashley and riddle were having a shootfight and roh somehow got kenny omega's only u.s. date for the year and enough people flew in for it.

Given Impact's history of guys immediately being bigger draws when not working under their banner, ROH vs. WWN could do 10k and ROH vs. Impact vs. WWN would do about 2k.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Food Court Druid posted:

War of the Worlds in Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Columbus.

Trying to scare New Japan off America, I guess.

War of the Worlds last year was from four cities (three in the US). If they were trying to scare New Japan off the US, they A) wouldn't put their belts on New Japan talent, and B) would run a show somewhere New Japan will run sometime in the next 5 years.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

I think it was a joke about buffalo, pittsburgh and columbus

I'm very smart. :downs:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ok so how many fans are going to have their own :daryl: in the crowd for Daniels/Hiromu.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ROH hasn't recovered among goons from the iPPV after Davey/Elgin where they had all the login issues and there wasn't an insane main event to save the show.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oh my god all you had to do to make it great was call yourself Rimon Gracie you idiot

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

schweens posted:

The production quality on that Grimm video is just terrible. Even if the idea wasn't trash it would look bad. Lmao at the white belt. Lmao at that dude using an MMA gimmick.

Literally all it needs to be great is to be Rimon Gracie. Instead he kept the Simon part of his wrestlename and forgot that the part of the wrestlename that mattered was being an old-style wrestler named Gotch.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

They would make sense as the rumored New Japan act not taking any indy bookings, although it was a stretch to call them a major one.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It had the best finisher of all time.

I wish I could find a gif or video of it but it was like a running senton without the running or senton.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There will never be a better move.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Been arguing for this for a year now. At this point I assume it's one of those in-jokes

Maybe it's a sign we shouldn't post about ROH.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There should not be a single human being surprised by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

"Internet Buzz" mattering more than having people pay to see your shows is extremely WCW 2000.

• Locked thread