Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

BJ Whitmer owns

BJ Whitmer vs. Jimmy Jacobs is the best cage match ever and they have the best dumbass wrestling spot ever. Maybe they can teach the bums in the WWE how to have a proper blood feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

RIP to the weirdest wrestling podcast.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I think the London VOD is finally up. Amazing show with possibly 2-3 MOTYCs and not a bad match on the card. At $15 I think it's pretty good value for what you'll see.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

It's good to know that half of ROH's former champs being in the WWE somehow reflects poorly on ROH.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

It doesn't reflect poorly on ROH, it reflects poorly on the argument against current ROH stars going to WWE being a dumb conspiracy theory from people who are Out to Get ROH as opposed to an accurate reflection of what happens.

Please don't besmirch my good friend Roque11.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

If Fray is anti-something that means it's actually good.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Jay Lethal is good

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Lol if I was the WWE I would most certainly not legally challenge another wrestling companies contracts, especially over Kyle O'Reilly.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Bad in the short term maybe, and lovely for KO, Dijak, etc., but in the long term it's probably a good thing to put their foot down on WWE trying to undermine their contracts.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

coconono posted:

unless ROH is handing out lifechanging money, those contracts ain't poo poo and not worth enforcing.

ROH are handing out life changing contracts to certain workers and average to mediocre ones to others. If you don't defend the mediocre contracts the same way you'd defend the great ones you delegitimize every contract you have.

It's kind of crazy how people think it's a bad thing that a smaller wrestling company is trying to protect itself from a larger monopolistic company tampering with it's contracted talent. ROH is the villain for defending itself, not the WWE for instigating the whole situation?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah but if you want to go work for the best and highest paying company ROH is sabotaging you from doing so.

No they aren't. The WWE are the ones who are waiting the 60 days. I don't think it's sabotaging workers to stop contract tampering. The WWE can still offer contracts right after they expire, but they're choosing to wait a bit just to be safe. Like I said, sucks in the short term, but in the long term it's better for both the company and the wrestlers.

quote:

WWE isn't comfortable offering anyone who was under a ROH deal an offer until they are 60 days out of their ROH deal expiring, obviously because they don't want to be accused of contract tampering

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just tell us why Kevin Kelly is leaving

NJPW offering a better deal to commentate and help them with their US expansion perhaps?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I think the 2-day packages on ticketmaster are just screwed up because here are the charts for PPV:

and TV:

Still not great though. They should definitely start announcing matches and talent. Also when did ROH move over to ticketmaster? I thought they were doing alright with Showclix. I think those 2 rafter seats might be premium value.

Oh and lol at wrestling twitter who don't know how to take a screenshot or clean their computer screens.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 8, 2017

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

As dysfunctional as the backstage environment is, ROH still has a lot of cool wrestlers and good matchups so I will watch them. Marty Scurll is very good and maybe my favourite wrestler at the moment. His match vs. Ospreay at the ROH London show cemented it for me.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

They aren't trapping people in contracts and there are guaranteed money deals in ROH. What they are doing is challenging WWE's contract tampering which is preventing guys from signing with WWE when WWE had attempted to negotiate deals before their ROH deals were up. This sucks for talent and probably isn't smart short term for ROH, but letting a monopoly blatantly circumvent your contracts isn't either. I feel bad for the guys who are stuck in limbo, but ROH isn't freezing their contracts and forcing them to work for ROH. Eventually someone was going to challenge WWE's practices.

This is also topical considering WWE might have engaged in contract tampering with Io Shirai this week (and publicly advertised it for a bit before removing it). I don't agree with non-compete clauses, but I can understand why ROH feels they need to have them with what they're up against.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 18, 2017

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

First two announced:

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/853986790843326465

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/854017016755359744

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

imo this is all a long game to get BCB in the title picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Takuan posted:

Also I have no idea who those two dudes in the picture are.

ROH stars Snoop Dogg and Derek Jeter

• Locked thread