Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Three games have already started.

Michael Leighton is in net, and already gave up a goal .

Go Rangers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I thought the Hurricanes might have had a case to challenge that goal for goaltender interference but they chose not to.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Crawford late minute scratch because he's undergoing an emergency appendectomy :stare:

Even with the Hawks up a goal this could get ugly with TvR back in the lineup

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Ugly gold jerseys again

But at least the road team is wearing their color jerseys

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Mind_Taker posted:

I thought the Hurricanes might have had a case to challenge that goal for goaltender interference but they chose not to.

I thought that's why it was waved off, but it didn't look bad on the replay.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

:lol: a Temple club player is the Chicago backup today

Good for him, he'll have a good story to tell for the rest of his life

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
The Hawks being thoroughly outplayed in the first period, again

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go Hawks

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Go Hawks

no don't

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

:tastykake: PROVOROV :tastykake:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
The Hawks are due to regress so why not get it out of the way in the second period

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Holy poo poo he did it again

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Ivan Provorov Hat Trick Watch

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

sedative posted:

Ivan Provorov Hat Trick Watch

Don't put the moosh on him

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Pesce and Slavin were out there for what, 5-6 minutes without a change?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
nice to see "clutch and grab" era stickwork is back

e: I'm a big whiny baby but this is why I get so tired of NHL hockey at points...it's almost all turning into "fire the puck from the point over and over and over and over" and hope you get a bounce and meanwhile stack the poo poo out of the ice in front of your goalie to hopefully block any shots heading his way

I also get irritated at the Rangers because teams obviously try to play them conservatively like this but the Rangers just employ a pretty lazy forecheck instead of being more aggressive. Instead of skating hard and really pressuring other teams they start backing off and trying to play it all positionally which ultimately just leads to easy breakouts and paths through the neutral zone. Also seem to get frustrated and don't take care of the puck very well, lot of low quality passes and not very good attempts to get it to teammates

Levitate fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 3, 2016

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Put in the Temple Owl

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
TvR's return has gone worse than I expected, and I didn't expect much

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hi, I hear that the Flyers are winning

Trump said I'd be winning so much that my head would spin

I can't take all this winning

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

One day the Rangers will have to learn how to play against these garbage corsi teams but today is not that day

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks might have very well scored there, but I do not think there's enough video evidence to call it a goal

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The kickiest kick.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
If that's not a goal shouldn't it be a penalty shot? Closed glove on the puck in the crease?

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

rex rabidorum vires posted:

If that's not a goal shouldn't it be a penalty shot? Closed glove on the puck in the crease?

I'm guessing they can't assign a penalty during a video review? I'm not sure what the rule is on that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ummagumma posted:

I'm guessing they can't assign a penalty during a video review? I'm not sure what the rule is on that.

If it's not called live, you can't add it later.

You do have the exception where refs will turn something they weren't calling into a penalty after a scrum, either to even things up or prevent things from being evened up.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Attention: PK is cool and good.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ummagumma posted:

Yeah that I know, it was more of a pondering from the back of my mind going 'wait isn't there a rule where you can't do what he just did?'

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Wow, what a pass and shot!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

I loving hate these offsides reviews. Let's stop a boring game and look back earlier on the play, the one time it gets interesting!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

:siren: Now that's more like it!

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Bergy :siren:

e: dammit

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Too much man in Philly. Why would you do that?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Kreids!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Zodijackylite posted:

:siren: Now that's more like it!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Get Provy out there for the whole PP!

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
You aren't going to win this one, Hawks, let Sembroski play!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Rangers good. Lundqvist fully operational.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
PROVOROV IS LIFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Good third period by the Rangers...showing they can actually play good hockey if they get their poo poo together

• Locked thread