Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
The Federation flagship that runs on a crew of one, apparently.

This is of course not the dumbest aspect of the ending, but it's all I can grasp firmly enough to critique without gibbering madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
The part that gets me is the good ending being opening travel to the multiverse - a multiverse that consists entirely of death and ruin. Or, if Rabies revives literally everyone, a multiverse ruled by an oppressive totalitarian government.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
As far as I'm concerned the only ending that could ever be called "good" is one where Nagi succeeds and all these chucklefucks die in agony.

Except maybe Sam. She didn't have enough screen-time for me to hate her and plus she definitely murdered at least one furry, so she's reasonably OK so far in my book.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

So in the end, what has the "player" accomplished? I just beat back interdimensional invaders of pure energy in Stellaris and you can be certain that I felt really good about it relying on no more than a little grit and gumption and the combined industrial output of a hundred star systems.

Here Rabies was stabbed to death and was wiped from existence so thoroughly he never existed, while being completely lead by the hand by any number of one-dimensional characters. Surely the goal all players aspire to.

What a loving waste of words. It makes me legit mad that someone put this out as a commercial product and collected actual money for this trash.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mechanical Ape posted:

The Federation flagship that runs on a crew of one, apparently.

This is of course not the dumbest aspect of the ending, but it's all I can grasp firmly enough to critique without gibbering madness.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

That was a good episode.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

tbh that was one of my favorite episodes of TNG.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
So who is the Wesley Crusher of this game bad novel?

I'm thinking Rabies since the game and all the characters won't shut the gently caress up about how amazing and special and important he is despite all clear evidence to the contrary, but I don't think Rabies is annoying enough (by virtue of basically just being a mute cipher or a mobile camera). Plus the narrative actually let Wesley do things for everyone to fawn over him for.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hammurabi posted:

So who is the Wesley Crusher of this game bad novel?

Everyone.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
I just checked something, so remember how this is on Steam? It has 136 achievements.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So they're all just progress based non-achievements, right?

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

So they're all just progress based non-achievements, right?

Just looking at the names and the few descriptions, looks like it - maybe some for those "branching" paths where you're forced to associate with one furry or the other?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Without further ado, here is the grand finale of this terrible, terrible game. The "good" ending.

Everything Velasquez wanted turned out to be a colossal failure. Why would his Neo-Federation be any different?

Like an old friend, Death has finally come for Rabies.

Also, I still don't see how this fixes the Federation's energy problems. Rabies exploding is kind of a one-time deal, it's not like they have spare cog monsters laying around somewhere to stab.

Let's just get this over with.

And how exactly is the Federation connected? Is there casual FTL travel? Stargates on every planet? What?

Yeah, the Fringe Worlds kind of suck. First you start hearing banjo music and the next thing you know...

Who would want to attack Terra? That's like wanting to go on a killing spree in a graveyard.

It's not like Endymion's going to be doing a lot of good where he is now.

But Nami didn't die in suspension?

You're their king! You can order them to do whatever the gently caress you want!

Wait, so Righty's an assassin? Did Velasquez still make him kill his close friends and family and Righty agreed to it for some reason?

Five minutes into the Federation being united and it already has an existential threat. But don't worry. It's too big to fail, right? :v:

"Send some construction workers. We shall build three, no, four taverns on the Fringe Worlds."

Considering this threat is probably a band of space pirates called the Flesh Peelers, no.

Righty and Endymion will probably just blow up a few space stations and call it a day.

How is that not unsettling as hell?

"Well, my ability. I'll basically be babysitting Endymion."

Are the Reapers coming back or something?

How would a Senate even be feasible when there's literally billions of worlds? You'd need a building the size of Texas and change.

I like how Klace is consistent in not being able to name worlds. Next to calling a planet Terra or Gaia, making up a name and slapping a Prime on the end of it is the laziest planet naming convention there is.

I like how Terra's already starting to form an extortion racket.

Until Velasquez's mismanagement causes the economy to implode again.

And it's funny to me how even when Rabies supposedly fixed everything, the Federation's beset by threats and refugees and god knows what else. I'm starting to see why it failed!

If Rabies basically resurrected the Federation, what about the Imperator that Nagi and Nami stabbed? Is he still running things?

Did Velasquez previously try to micromanage every city or something?

There's something funny about a character saying other people have it hard when he himself is wearing potato sack clothes.

Wasn't Plair a bad guy previously? Wouldn't he be trying to gouge people?

Also, what happened to running for Mayor? Did the office turn to being called Governor for some reason?

And my faith in Velasquez's judgement grows dimmer by the minute.

I'm amazed anyone remembered Trish even existed.

Doesn't everyone on the loving planet already know about the Tavern?

And since the tavern was built as an apology by Velasquez, wouldn't it get government funding anyway? Did Velasquez seriously just have the tavern built and then forgot about it?

I feel like the "breaking dishes" trait that Trish has was supposed to be some kind of running gag, but it never had a chance to actually become one because Rabies meets Trish a grand total of what, two times?

Trish's last paycheck will probably be a four foot long bill for all the glassware she broke during her employment.

Funny how Konrad still dresses like an "assassin" where in this timeline he apparently wasn't ever one to begin with.

This bar is just a magnet for failure.

A bustling town, as shown by the background image of a slum.

Time for the meeting of the sacks!

Isn't Kabu supposed to be meeting Caylen in his house?

"What's the price of your tomatoes?"

Did Kabu really need a trip to find the price of food? Couldn't he have written to a bunch of merchants?

I swear Terra is like one bad harvest away from having a communist insurgency.

So every single town has a Governor? Are there SuperGovernors that govern large geographic areas? Because the former sounds like a bureaucratic nightmare.

And the evil scheming guy became a Governor. Remember that this is supposed to be the good ending.

You know what isn't confusing? Your mom being worm food! :buddy:

It's very possible Velasquez hired Trish as a jester.

How the gently caress is "ruling in mysterious ways" acceptable by any standard?

C'mon PB, Phidget is family. Which means he's free labor! :v:

Remember that this is a tavern, and people would never need to knock.

PHIDGET'S MOM IS ALIVE

THIS IS THE WORST TIMELINE :smithicide:

They didn't deserve poo poo.

I can't see any problems with Endymion being put in charge of the Space CIA.

Which is to say, Endymion and Righty's misadventures were told as a cautionary tale until the end of time.

Every terrible idea that passed through their skulls were taken seriously and the Federation was worse off for it.

So, the town got gentrified and pushed out all the poors.

There's something funny about how everyone else goes on to have some grand legacy and Konrad just gets shafted as a lovely barkeep in a lovely bar.

Like I said before, at no point in the game did it ever say Trish was good at making drinks.

Okay, no. You don't just unite two towns. And if Kabu needing to take a trip was any indication, these two towns are separated by some measure of geographic distance. And this isn't like Dallas-Ft.Worth we're talking about, it's basically two hovels.

Even in the good ending, Phidget's mom can't stay alive.

You're telling me the giant Federation of billions of worlds never had any kind of political turmoil or civil war ever?

So is Max still in charge of the weapons company or what?

Are you ready, folks? It's time to meet the man of the hour!

KLACE! :suicide:

Isn't Singe's job to make sure Klace is always in the spotlight?

Maybe Jade wasn't joking when she was "joking" about all the negative traits Klace has.

God, even as a character in a video game Klace is loving insufferable.

Kila will take the clown car and he'll like it.

Just remember Klace, Singe has a bomb with your name on it.

There's a part of me that's very uncomfortable because I know in my heart of hearts that Klace wrote an alternate scene where these two just gently caress like animals.

Inumi disappeared into his clothes pile several days later.

A rescue expedition was not mounted.

Keep in mind this is the actual Kila we never met, but he still probably sucks due to sharing DNA with lovely Kila.

This scene basically plays out identically to the bad ending one, but I'll be showing it all the same.

They way they say this makes it sounds like they've never actually gone on tour before.

So does Jade never bathe? Does she preen herself?

The beans will stay in the can where they are! <:mad:>

Jade hates liquids in general, really. Don't even get her started on Bromine.

I so wish Rook would just throw himself into the ocean.

I sure hope Rook had a backup tablet, because the entire tour schedule and Singe's finances were on that thing.

I can't believe Singe pays these two.

Unfortunately, Ferret-Gryphon marriage is still illegal in most countries.

Music critics calling Klace's music a "crime" and "a travesty". What do they know? :argh:

Rocker, you could always take the Uwe Boll route and just beat the poo poo out of your critics.

Shock the Humble.

PopStarrs are becoming an increasing rarity, what with them being classified as a Schedule II drug.

Shock broke the habit with PopStarr patches.

Does Inumi not know what the other members of Klace's band do?

Inumi could watch a faucet drip and he'd still be in awe.

Memories we'll never know because Dazz never dropped her sob story on us.

Please don't tell me Inumi is driving the limo.

:downs: "The Super Saiyan 3 Boob Wolf Lady said hello!"

:downs: "Watch every episode of Invader Zim with me!"

Aw.

Bless Inumi's stupid, idiot heart.

I think this is the first mention we've actually had of Tokyo for the past 5 chapters.

Armstrong Inc. just recently bought out both Boeing and BAE Systems, and they're looking to acquire Mitsubishi Heavy Industries too.

So is Max like Vice-President of the company or something?

So what, Max just vanished off the face of the Earth?

I want to believe that in Max's absence, Acheron because just as much an unethical merchant of death that she was.

You think Furry ISIS exists on Furry Earth?

Acheron is pleased to announce that Armstrong Inc. is buying out the government of Japan!

More importantly, Eddie stayed in America where he could continue to fester.

Weird how Actual Kila has the same choice in clothes as Eddie.

No way this doesn't end with Kila going on on top, buried under a mountain of cocaine.

'Year'. That's optimistic.

Well, as much style as you can have with Inumi in the car with you.

Positive thinking fixes everything! :barf:

Wasn't Dazz's big debut only supposed to happen when Klace was dead?

Dazz, be prepared for disappointment.

That wasn't a nightmare, Klace, that was a memory of every concert you've ever done.

"Flash them if you have to."

She could go the other route.

:v: "I just flew in from Osaka and MAN! What a shithole!"

That sound suspiciously New Age.

What kind of loving artist retires after their first big tour?

Who knows if Klace is lying at this point. It'd be consistent with every other character in the game.

Klace remembers back when he had to play in bars so lovely they'd been abandoned for years.

I hope the audience has their rotten tomatoes at the ready.

An image of perfection, you could say. :v:

Klace was later strangled to death by Acheron in an unrelated incident.

Upon his death a Dead Man's Switch activated, destroying over twenty stadiums and convention centers across the world.

Topped the charts! But only in Tonga, Swaziland, and Bhutan.

Inumi tried to follow in Singe's footsteps and rig buildings of his own to explode, and that went about as well as you'd expect.

Fukumoto eventually joined a fringe news website, tweeting incredibly racist things until the end of his days.

And that's because Acheron became Iron Furry.

Their mutant children plagued the Earth for generations.

Which wasn't long, because Dazz eventually passed away after depleting Japan's morphine supply.

Weren't they already inseperable?

Where the hell did they get the money to found charitable organizations?

Alright.

Terra's part of the Federation, and they pretty obviously don't even have loving electricity. But Earth, with nukes and Twitter, somehow just isn't good enough.

loving hell.

I'm not happy. With any of this.

Once again: shame! SHAME! :mad:

I hate everyone. I hate everything.

why does it keep going

Getting stabbed with two giant swords will do that to you.

Actually, that brings up a good point. It was implied there weren't many stars because Nami and Nagi stabbed everyone, but what does that really mean? That they stabbed the stars too?

Well, until political extremism surfaces or they experience another energy crisis.

Makes no sense at all, and you'd think I'd have learned by now to stop questioning this poo poo.

Exactly! An Arby's on every street corner, on every world! :buddy:

Even Inumi? Or Rook?

A Phidget spinner?

Rabies will just start stabbing random people and hope things pan out.

Reiyo, you never even interacted with any of them beyond Acheron, Max, and Velasquez. Why would you even consider the rest friends?

The final choice. You know what? gently caress it. Let's get the gang back together and gently caress up the galaxy beyond repair.

Arcadia, where none of its arcade games work?

Let's get crazy.

Let's get furry. :unsmigghh:

It's been a wild ride folks, but that's the end of this game. This LP has aged me by centuries, and I think I'm certifiably insane now.

Would I do it again?

Eh, why not.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

And here's something special to top the LP off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zm-9mTnFuk

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

I think this summarizes my feelings for these past two updates.

ed. So Blarghalt, you will be LPing Klace's next game when it comes out correct?:v:

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 4, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Are... are we done? Is it safe to walk into the light now?

Blarghalt posted:

Thank you very much for this palette cleanser.

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 4, 2017

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
The gears spin alright.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Welp, that was pretty weird. Good work I guess?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I think we can rest easy - since the good ending includes Max on the loose, the furry world is going to get exactly what it deserves.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Blarghalt posted:

:perfect:

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Could someone post the max Kila route?
How bad could it possibly be!?

PS. Thanks for the video, didn't realize how badly I needed it.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 4, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I really want to know exactly how much Klace paid for that picture of 'himself'.

It was too much.

Good god, furries.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

What bothers me about both endings, is on how ridiculously, improbably perfect they are. No one is allowed anything short of the best, happiest possible ending for whatever the big picture is. Even in the "Bad" ending, everyone lives happily ever after with what they're stuck with. There's no nuance or anything. And then the "Good" ending takes it to a ridiculous extreme. Everyone ever comes back to life, have their happy ending, becomes super successful and cure all diseases. Maybe they eventually die but they lived an extremely good life, etc etc etc.

Sure, you got games with super happy endings and what not, but after this awful slog of a loving game, the endings come off as entirely insufferable more than anything.

Blarghalt posted:

No one knows for sure what happened to Rabies after that, but it is believed that he found himself in another dimension, having been roped into yet another utterly inane plot

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I hope you all realize the "good" ending with shoedog and Rabies going off to explore infinite universes is going to tie in to the next game somehow.

The title screen even has the same dumb loving gear sword.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Is the second one from the right a... warthogbat?

edit: VVV Since he seems to have just made up the plot as he went along, he probably resurrected her after he inevitably pissed off the artist.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 4, 2017

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I like how Klace is so cheap that he can't pay for a single portrait of Dead Mom - and god that has got to be the most smug-rear end pose he could pick for himself

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It just hit me.

The rear end in a top hat calls himself an 'idol'.

Intentionally wanting to be associated with an industry as hosed up as Japanese Idol stuff is kinda hosed up. I'd be madder if I thought he knew anything about it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Would you care to comment?"
"No. There's too much speculation."

:wtc:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Night10194 posted:

It just hit me.

The rear end in a top hat calls himself an 'idol'.

Intentionally wanting to be associated with an industry as hosed up as Japanese Idol stuff is kinda hosed up. I'd be madder if I thought he knew anything about it.

I honestly don't think a lot of weeaboos understand how loving toxic the Idol industry is (Korea's just as hosed up iirc), unless they play those Idol Eroge games, which is side-eye worthy for a different reason.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Robindaybird posted:

I honestly don't think a lot of weeaboos understand how loving toxic the Idol industry is (Korea's just as hosed up iirc), unless they play those Idol Eroge games, which is side-eye worthy for a different reason.

If I had to guess, it's that the pop star's personal life is not separated from their public life, and since their fans are a bunch of loser idiots, they have their lives micromanaged into the dirt until they lose their sanity. Is it much more than that?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I am OK with that "True Ending", unlike everything else in this game.

Thank you for doing this, Blarghalt. Your sacrifice will be forever remembered. Unless you get stabbed with swords and explode into a white ball of pure energy that remakes the universe, of course. So try not to get stabbed with swords I guess.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Blarghalt posted:

Pro song choice man :haw: I need to watch that again.

Also I've said it before but does Klace not realize you can rent a limo for like $100? It's not like some super tycoons-and-rock-gods-only indulgence. It's a long car with couches and a bar in it. That you spend approximately twenty minutes in during the course of a night doing other, much more memorable things.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

anilEhilated posted:

Is the second one from the right a... warthogbat?

You mean the black one? I believe he is supposed to be a dragon. I remember him because the reveal pic for him someone linked in here had a bunch of commenters slobbering over him.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

inthesto posted:

If I had to guess, it's that the pop star's personal life is not separated from their public life, and since their fans are a bunch of loser idiots, they have their lives micromanaged into the dirt until they lose their sanity. Is it much more than that?

Not quite that micromanaged I think, but they're also very often used for sexual favors by their superiors.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

inthesto posted:

A big part of it - they have bans on dating - there's an incident a few years ago where a member of an idol group got caught with a boyfriend and was forced to shave her head out of shame (officially she did it voluntarily, but there's a good chance she was pressured to it), Idols not only have no privacy and are constantly monitored so they don't break facade, they're paid poo poo and are put on very grueling schedules of practices, performances and PR stuff.

as Ra rx said - the Casting Couch is alive and well in the industry. At the very least the managers don't hook their stars on drugs, which is a step up from a lot the rock acts in the 80s (Bon Jovi was given a fuckton of uppers by their managers so they can work the tortuous touring schedule they had)

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 4, 2017

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Somebody should tweet that video at Klace.

Wait, nvm, he'll just file takedown request against it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

That video has made all those brain cells I lost worth it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I think I'd sooner staple my hands together then read that again. Thanks for this... experience, B. I do that thin well forget it, no matter how hard we try.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

inthesto posted:

I hope you all realize the "good" ending with shoedog and Rabies going off to explore infinite universes is going to tie in to the next game somehow.

The title screen even has the same dumb loving gear sword.

gently caress. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Blarghalt posted:

gently caress. :shepicide:

Have fun with your next LP.

• Locked thread