Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I remember that Steam was actively recommending me this game for a while, and I was wondering how bad it was. I sure as hell wasn't going to visit its store page or Steam would have mistaken that for interest and shown me even more ads for this and other garbage, but thankfully this LP should satisfy my curiosity.

Likewise. I nearly physically recoiled when I saw the banner in Steam.

This is looking to be quite a magical train wreck, and I look forward to how stupid it's gonna get.

My sympathies for your Steam recommendations in the future, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

what the gently caress is that bird thing :catstare:

A sad attempt at drawing a gryphon, I think, judging from the ears.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

I want to know why everyone is so shiny despite being ostensibly covered in fur.

Texture is hard, excessively applied shininess is easy.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Kila may be a pastiche of the worst kind of anime nerd, but at least he's consistent unlike all these other characters. He's actually coming across as the most mentally stable of the lot.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

shibbotech posted:

You see, I've met Klace in person. One of my friends introduced me and hyped this guy up like a celebrity.

Did you disown that friend? Because I would.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Zain posted:

OH so you think!

The thought of someone making a fursuit with embedded animatronics is terrifying to me and I blame you for giving me the mental image.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

CommissarMega posted:

I know, right? If you gave me that portrait absent of any context, I'd have no problem using it in an Ironclaw or D&D game. Wonder if the person behind it is equally 'normal' (for a given value of 'normal', of course).

They had poor enough judgement to back this game, it's just that big muscledude style characters end up looking less stupid because the people who are into that don't also go for neon rave colorscheme, generally speaking.

Edit: blankd, please don't stop. Those pictures are amazing and justify this entire thread purely for their existence.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 28, 2016

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

Come to think of that, this has been bothering me for a while and I finally managed to put my finger on it: why the gently caress do they have "hair" separate from the fur?

Because a lot of furries can't comprehend that you can give an anthropomorphic animal a hair style without literally giving them a human hair wig. Despite numerous sources, including other, less imaginatively bankrupt furries, proving otherwise.

Basically, it just comes down to bad art direction as an endemic problem. Same thing that leads to the neon raver color schemes.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Data Graham posted:

Who was that poster with the avatar of the furry character sheet with the little dialog balloon that says "gums are also green"?

That's what I can't help but think of when I see color scheme on those loving ears. :catdrugs:

To be fair, it keeps them consistent with the ridiculous goku hair. It would probably make it look like even more of a wig if they were not the same color.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

All this talk of making a parody game did suddenly remind me of Ironclaw, which, incredibly bad art direction aside (get the artist of lackadaisy, ask them to draw furry slayers as book cover), is actually legitimately good (and even has at least some decent art as of 2E, albeit only from one artist in one section). There's an F&F review of it:
http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/night10194/ironclaw-squaring-the-circle/

Also, regarding Major/Minor, I think it's so irredeemable that it would even drag down a parody of it. You'd probably be better off writing something from scratch if you actually wanted to spite Klace and this train wreck.

Edit: If Sanguine ever somehow licensed a CRPG for Ironclaw, I'd probably play it, assuming it was a competent studio that did it. I like the setting.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 2, 2017

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

GeneX posted:

the thing about furry games is that either the furry part is incidental to its quality, in which case just making human characters is universally a better choice, or integral to it, which means that it's probably pretty bad, because the only thing that the "furry community" has in common is a disturbing acceptance of the abnormal and some degree of infatuation with anthropomorphic animals

There are stories you can tell using an anthropomorphic animal race as a proxy for actual minority repression, but you have to tread ridiculously carefully if you don't want to come off as equating people's revulsion towards a cosplay/fetish group with actual racial persecution.

That's a pretty big problem, yeah, most people don't ask themselves "would anything be different if I just used humans"? Though you don't have to use animals-as-metaphor for them being anthropomorphic animals to be meaningful. Playing off of the talents that the considerably diverse physical traits of the various species would lend themselves to can make for some interesting possibilities. It's one reason why I like Ironclaw, because it makes the species choice matter a fair bit, although it also leaves open the option to play against type and be, say, the world's most clumsy cat.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Three-Phase posted:

Boy for something so esoteric, there are a LOT of people following this LP.

Nothing brings people together like shared suffering.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

inthesto posted:

No but you see a bunch of characters have called you The Savior a million times, so obviously your job is to save

Not any of the people, mind you. Just your game. You win when you run out of slots.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Zain posted:

Oh hey another furry game was greenlit but so far looking better? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863488122

It says it is a puzzle (presumably in the adventure game style) game, but I didn't see any puzzles in that trailer...

Kudos to them on the animation though. However, the art doesn't impress me though a whole lot, I think I saw muzzle length shifting around on the same character between different images. Still more competent than Major/Minor of course, but that's a low bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

The king's plan seems to rely heavily on finally dying of bleeding out at exactly the right moment.

• Locked thread