Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm glad that people who design mini golf courses are legally required to have a sense of humor.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCAAf9Cc2V0
(starts at 10:00-ish)

I streamed Max Payne 1 last night because it's one of my favorite video games ever! It went great and was very fun (and humiliating)! Alan Wake will return probably sometime this week or next week (sorry again).

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 19, 2017

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCAAf9Cc2V0

I streamed Max Payne 1 last night because it's one of my favorite video games ever! It went great and was very fun (and humiliating)! Alan Wake will return probably sometime this week or next week (sorry again).

Another great Remedy game with a real sense of style, character and place. Even if those things are often kinda hackneyed it's all so vivid that it remains one of my favourite games too!

There is one particular TV show in there that is about a crazy guy with flamingos that still kinda trips me out to this day.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CJacobs, have you ever thought about doing an LP of Max Payne 1 and 2? Or did I just not notice you doing it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

chitoryu12 posted:

CJacobs, have you ever thought about doing an LP of Max Payne 1 and 2? Or did I just not notice you doing it?

I was considering it at one point, but now I have un-considered it because jesus christ these games are impossible. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk3g_C6Yqko
(starts at 5:00-ish)

Second part of the stream is up! Max's adventure concludes as I die a thousand painful deaths, the game tears itself apart, and I draw art.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

CJacobs posted:

I was considering it at one point, but now I have un-considered it because jesus christ these games are impossible. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk3g_C6Yqko
(starts at 5:00-ish)

Second part of the stream is up! Max's adventure concludes as I die a thousand painful deaths, the game tears itself apart, and I draw art.

You could probably do it if you used some heavy editing and either cut out the deaths or sped it up with some music in the background, and there's a pretty good mod for MP2 to make it use MP3's character models and combat systems. Not sure if it rebalances the difficulty thanks to the fact that you can only carry two handgun weapons and a heavy weapon though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Max Payne 2 is considered hard? There's a few bad segments sure but the regenerating bullet time (rather than having to kill to replenish it as in 1) and the free shoot-dodges always made it go pretty easy. Nothing in 2 ever approached the bullshit that is the Lupino boss fight, the Boris Dime boss fight, or the diner escape sequence.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Max Payne was still from an era where repetition was the key to success - once you played a level a couple times you knew what was coming and could deal with the ambushes. There were a number of spots that were just total dick moves though. But really the most insufferable parts were those god drat dream sections; yes, lets add in a delayed reaction, low gravity, distorted visions and jump puzzles. Those all sound like fun. You know what else is fun and will help tie it all together? The sound of crying babies! I memorized the fastest ways though those sections first.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, Max Payne 2 is much easier than the first (although death still comes for you incredibly quickly) so I definitely look forward to streaming that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3DK-L_4SU

I streamed an assload of insane Max Payne 1 mods last night, it was really fun. Some highlights include Blade kung-fu kicking people into flames, walking up a person's face in slow motion by kicking them a lot, destroying an island with bomps and my Rakkinishu pistol, the best snowboarding in any video game, and the return of Max @ University in which it turns out that the evil professor is actually your father and an alien and he fights you with clones of himself on a bridge to nowhere. And P=NP, I guess!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, Max Payne 2 is much easier than the first (although death still comes for you incredibly quickly) so I definitely look forward to streaming that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3DK-L_4SU

I streamed an assload of insane Max Payne 1 mods last night, it was really fun. Some highlights include Blade kung-fu kicking people into flames, walking up a person's face in slow motion by kicking them a lot, destroying an island with bomps and my Rakkinishu pistol, the best snowboarding in any video game, and the return of Max @ University in which it turns out that the evil professor is actually your father and an alien and he fights you with clones of himself on a bridge to nowhere. And P=NP, I guess!

The Max Payne mods remind me of the wild state of late 90s and early 2000s Internet. Goths, Satanic imagery thrown in just to be edgy, GIFs of flames, MIDI music, poor Photoshops, college and high school students making mods based on their schools, etc.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Continuing my trend of streaming all my first-time playthroughs of RE7, I streamed my blind playthrough of the DLCs live in case that's a thing people want to see. They're all fantastic and it was great fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MXAz0OOu-o

Timestamps are as follows:
10:00 - Start and Nightmare
45:10 - Bedroom
1:34:00 - 21
2:21:00 - Daughters
2:50:00 - Ethan Must Die
3:34:20 - Jack's 55th Birthday and RE NET Stat Tracking Silliness

You really owe it to yourself to at least check out 21 and that last one because imo they're the standouts.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 22, 2017

Wortpine
Oct 4, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Continuing my trend of streaming all my first-time playthroughs of RE7, I streamed my blind playthrough of the DLCs live in case that's a thing people want to see. They're all fantastic and it was great fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MXAz0OOu-o

Timestamps are as follows:
10:00 - Start and Nightmare
45:10 - Bedroom
1:34:00 - 21
2:21:00 - Daughters
2:50:00 - Ethan Must Die
3:34:20 - Jack's 55th Birthday and RE NET Stat Tracking Silliness

You really owe it to yourself to at least check out 21 and that last one because imo they're the standouts.

This stream was glorious. I only caught it from halfway through the 21 stuff, but intend to watch the earlier stuff when I have time. Jack's 55th birthday looks so much fun and I hope they add some more levels to that mode.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, I'm glad that's over. I'm feeling better! Let's get back to what really matters in life: Our dear friend Alan Wake.

After a long kidney stone-induced break, Alan returns in his search for the kidnapper. Unsurprisingly, he was duped! Who could have guessed that a kidnapper would be so slippery!

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
Good to hear you are better! Also, I'm glad to see a return to Pretentious Writer Whippy-Wopy Power Hour.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
"CBBEWhatever Big Bouncing Breasts and a mod that replaces giant spiders with bears."

CJacobs, are you reading from your Skyrim mod load order? :v:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Glad to see you're back ÇweetJacobs and Skippy Granola.

Also why does Alan's mod to remove spiders need another mod that turns people into jackets?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

White Coke posted:

Glad to see you're back ÇweetJacobs and Skippy Granola.

Also why does Alan's mod to remove spiders need another mod that turns people into jackets?

OHHHHHHH!! We had walking pants enemies, now we need walking / floating tweed jacket enemies! Gotta complete the outfit!

And I'm glad tip cobalt have my suspicions confirmed. Cjacobs is a sweetheart :3:

I hope it's not going to turn out that Alan had been lifting paragraphs from this Thomas Zane fellow. That's the real monster of the game: plagiarism!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That cabin would have been the perfect stopping point, but this game loathes pacing. I think there is an achievement for this section where you reach the end in ten minutes. What fun nordicwalking this game would be.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Since this is more or less The Current CJacobs Thread

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

You're doing God's work, my friend.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fish Noise posted:

WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD TO ME, WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE YOU :byodood:

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLpCij2JcE

(It's a reference to this stream I did today that went fantastically by the way)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

biosterous fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 4, 2017

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Fish Noise posted:

Demon Jacobs is a gassy boy :O Need more peppy doggos, imo. Honestly why does this game hate dogs? Heal the doggo! Heal them!

The highest quality 'shops for the highest quality Canadian Guinea Pig Wranglers :3:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:eyepop:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Shocking that you go in a Firewatch tower and don't make a single Firewatch joke. ;)

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

I feel like there is a lot to unpack in this

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLpCij2JcE

(It's a reference to this stream I did today that went fantastically by the way)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You are the hero we deserve, Fish Noise.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Spicy boys though the zombies may be, the spiciest of all boys is Max :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In the Wake of all this incredible fan art (which I still have to compile and put into the OP), it's time to read a little fanfiction of the game's own design. Let's finally find out how that first story Alan wrote as a young buck ends! If you've forgotten what's going on in it, the first excerpt is linked from the OP.

Errand Boy, Excerpt Two posted:

What I've learned from this is that Alan is a fan of intricately describing the busting down of a door.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

That was very useful. I now know that cannibals have yellow teeth, and probably terrible dentistry in general, and will be able to avoid them in the future.

I do love the whipping out the license like he's loving Yu Gi Oh or something. I can only assume that every single character is Alan's self insert. The hollywood levels of hot dad who pulls in all the ladies, the dramatic son unable to stop from pawing at other people's belongings, the old, teleporting woman. All Alan, all the time!

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
Alan is such a pretentious hack. I'm glad this LP is run by funny people who take the piss out of him because otherwise Alan Wake would be insufferable.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dear diary, today I learned that Alan Wake actually has no idea how to save his wife and is just playing the long game. Eventually something he does is going to save her, and he is going to try every single writing cliche he can think of until that happens, consarn it!!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Shovel Knight also falls into the CJacobs paradigm: This game and Shovel Knight have a damsel related to the protagonist that needs saving!

Dark Knight is the Barry.

Or maybe the Gastromancer?

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
Ah, Kali, goddess of destruction, with insatiable bloodthirst and constant demands for sacrifice. Just like my exes. She even has four arms so she can point fingers at you twice as hard. Her priest thought he could intimidate me by ripping out my heart, like if that hasn't happened more times than I can count. Their sneering faces flickered in my mind as I watched the man slide almost gracefully down that gator's gullet. That... Northwest American freshwater gator... yeah, sure, whatever.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I don't know why you are being so disparaging of our avian friends, CJacobs. Haven't you heard? The birds are the word!

Also, I like to think Alan shooting off all those flares results in a very annoyed rescue helicopter crew dogging his movements.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Melaneus posted:

Ah, Kali, goddess of destruction, with insatiable bloodthirst and constant demands for sacrifice. Just like my exes. She even has four arms so she can point fingers at you twice as hard. Her priest thought he could intimidate me by ripping out my heart, like if that hasn't happened more times than I can count. Their sneering faces flickered in my mind as I watched the man slide almost gracefully down that gator's gullet. That... Northwest American freshwater gator... yeah, sure, whatever.

Alan, please stop self-namesearching, I know this thread is about you but come on man you gotta let others have the spotlight

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Alan Wake 2 will have a wool knit beanie preorder DLC. And CoumerJacobs will buy one for everyone who posts in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
I don't know why there would be any doubt. Barry Wheeler has to be a genius to promote Alan.

• Locked thread