Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah summer classes are hosed! I did it once and will never ever do it again. The increased pace is just too much for poor fragile CJacobs.

By the way, going to be getting around to streaming Max Payne 2 pretty soon. Also, Prey??? Maybe???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Would watch a prey stream. Would watch a bloodborne lp more though.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Good luck with finals - and take your time, etc.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

bman in 2288 posted:

This reminds me of the time I took summer classes during Uni.

I will never take summer classes again.

I learned not to take Summer School when I got stuck in a remedial science class, which I got an A in, because the class I had signed up for didn't have enough people. At least the teacher knew I wasn't supposed to be in there, so I got to play my GBA when I finished the work early.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Antistar01 posted:

Good luck with finals - and take your time, etc.

Seconded. Really, we're not going anywhere. Unless we start WW3 and get drafted :v: Best of luck with your finals and junk!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Would watch a prey stream. Would watch a bloodborne lp more though.

I was actually looking forward to playing Prey, so I'll be interested in seeing CJacobs's take on it. I haven't even beaten the demo yet.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I'm hearing about corrupted Prey saves though, so if you do LP Prey, make sure to back up your save files often.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CJacobs posted:

I'm gonna be a speedy speed boy wrt finishing this let's play!

Now I want you to play appropriate Eurobeat whenever something happens in your LP, like that bit near the end of your Dark Souls 3 stream. Pick up a weapon/grenades? 'Get Me Power'. Trapped in a boss arena/horde fight? 'Breakin' Out'. A page of Alan Wake's writing? What else but 'Deja Vu'?

In fact, do this for all your LPs/streams- turn down the music and put on one of those million hour Eurobeat compilations :allears:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

CJacobs posted:

which means I'm gonna be a speedy speed boy wrt finishing this let's play!

CpeedyJacobs

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Being the speediest let's player is what you're most known for.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Starting tomorrow, Alan Wake is having a sunset sale of 90% off for a few days before it gets removed from the internet. Another game with expiring rights to songs. The game and its budget sequel are worth any price.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

Starting tomorrow, Alan Wake is having a sunset sale of 90% off for a few days before it gets removed from the internet. Another game with expiring rights to songs. The game and its budget sequel are worth any price.

Wow. I guess it isn't worth it at this point to replace the episode closers with some generic stuff. Atmosphere is important but so is people actually being allowed to buy the game. Or I suppose maybe they don't want to have to change the songs in the copies people already bought.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/863012017833218049

Buy this game and American Nightmare. Please. I implore you. If you haven't played Alan Wake and have enjoyed this LP even a little, you owe it to yourself to play this game before you miss your chance to do so while still giving back to the developers. Both games have been cracked six ways from sunday and they will be around forever, but you'll only have one more chance to support Remedy for making such an incredible and unique game series.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
You know, I've got American Nightmare on PC but not the original Alan Wake, actually. That's only because I got it on 360 back when it first came out though, since in those days it seemed like the game's PC version had been cancelled. (Alan Wake, GTA4 and Condemned 2 were the reasons I bought a 360 at all, in fact.)

Maybe now I'll finally get Alan Wake for PC.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
For the next two days you can buy the entire Alan Wake series for 4 bucks, and then legal digital versions of it will be gone forever

If you have any extra cash to throw around, maybe I dunno, buy a few extra copies and gift them to people

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It's one of those deals where you can re-download it from steam so long as it exists afterwards, like NWN2, so it can happily land on your impossibly big and ever expanding backlog to be installed a century later.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's already been said but the alan wake games are well worth the incredibly low price they're being sold for

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SIGSEGV posted:

It's one of those deals where you can re-download it from steam so long as it exists afterwards, like NWN2, so it can happily land on your impossibly big and ever expanding backlog to be installed a century later.

That was on Steam? I've only ever seen it distributed on GOG.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

GoneRampant posted:

That was on Steam? I've only ever seen it distributed on GOG.

It was buyable on steam once, there was a disagreement somewhere and now it isn't any longer. It's still downloadable but there aren't any traces left in the shop.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm alive! Finals week is (mostly) over and now I have the whole summer to work on my let's plays. Let's celebrate me getting back into the swing of things with a stream of The Surge that I did last night. As it turns out, it's a fantastic game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkKH3NbfvpM

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Wow, this game does look really good. The comparison to Monster Hunter is apt because the animations look and feel about the same length as MHs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just keeping you folks updated: I am now yours for the next couple months, got no classes this summer because I have actually run out of classes to take. The couple I have left are fall/spring only. Which is a pretty great feeling, but anyway, yeah. Alan Wake will resume on monday, and will continue to update weekly-ish until the end. American Nightmare will be starting at the same time as Bloodborne, with A CERTAIN OTHER SPECIAL LP I TEASED A LITTLE WHILE AGO staring whenever the heck I have it finished.

So look forward to all that!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Holy poo poo! Congrats on blazing through your classes, Smart Jacobs! I hope your summer is good and chill. You deserved it! Well, as chill as no A/C can be.

CJacobs posted:

....A CERTAIN OTHER SPECIAL LP I TEASED A LITTLE WHILE AGO staring whenever the heck I have it finished.

So look forward to all that!

CJAcobs presents: Nintendogs the LP confirmed for early 2018! Bork bork!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

value-brand cereal posted:

Holy poo poo! Congrats on blazing through your classes, Smart Jacobs! I hope your summer is good and chill. You deserved it! Well, as chill as no A/C can be.

Hey, speaking of which, there's a recent new addition to my bedroom:

My grandparents don't wanna turn on the A/C, fine, I'll get my own. The saga of CJacobs dying of heat stroke every summer is finally over. :cool:

Also check out that tinfoil. Man do I wish curtains actually fit on my window.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Hey, speaking of which, there's a recent new addition to my bedroom:

My grandparents don't wanna turn on the A/C, fine, I'll get my own. The saga of CJacobs dying of heat stroke every summer is finally over. :cool:

Also check out that tinfoil. Man do I wish curtains actually fit on my window.

Our AC is still broken after a few years. I just spend my summers sitting or sleeping in front of a fan.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My friend, I know your pain so very well.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Pah, pale-skinned weaklings! I live in sunny Malaysia, where it's 27-30 degrees Celsius (81-86 Fahrenheit) all the goddamn time, I use no more than an hour's A/C every day AND every Friday I walk half an hour in total to and from the mosque :smug:

(It's a wonder I haven't charbroiled yet).

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

Pah, pale-skinned weaklings! I live in sunny Malaysia, where it's 27-30 degrees Celsius (81-86 Fahrenheit) all the goddamn time, I use no more than an hour's A/C every day AND every Friday I walk half an hour in total to and from the mosque :smug:

(It's a wonder I haven't charbroiled yet).

How often does it get into the hundred-and-teens (Fahrenheit)? Because I have that to look forward to for the next few months.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I start complaining if it gets to be above like 75 degrees. I'm kind of like Alan in that way, I assume. NEW YORKERS

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Here in civilized lands the temperature rarely rises above 35 degrees because we use civilized units.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alan Wake's new story, in which after the post-apocalypse imperial measurements are used everywhere in the world. Truly the most frightening horror he's written yet.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

CJacobs posted:

I start complaining if it gets to be above like 75 degrees. I'm kind of like Alan in that way, I assume. NEW YORKERS

I'm WALKIN' HERE

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

I'm SWEATIN' HERE

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

CJacobs posted:

A CERTAIN OTHER SPECIAL LP I TEASED A LITTLE WHILE AGO staring whenever the heck I have it finished.

We're finally getting the long-awaited Alan Wake LP! :woop:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Does that mean you're going to update that weird Dash Rendar thing?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Does that mean you're going to update that weird Dash Rendar thing?

Yeah that too. Finals week is now officially over thanks to the power of saturday so that'll be updating again too. Just been a stressful week for your boy CJ is all.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm glad school isn't kicking your rear end anymore, friend. You're a really good Let's Player.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SIGSEGV posted:

Here in civilized lands the temperature rarely rises above 35 degrees because we use civilized units.

I wasn't aware there was a part of the USA that barely ever got above freezing. Except mountains or something like that.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

CJacobs posted:

Same but 65. Warmth is the enemy of life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

These people are surprisingly agile for Pacific Northwesterners. All the folks I've met from there have grown fat from gnawing on logs, eating trout, and drinking really overpriced coffee.

• Locked thread