Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Scalding Coffee posted:

I have achieved a fail state. Ten seconds into her plot dump, you can walk on those boxes and fall down the floor. There is no way out.

:psyduck: Alan, please, learn how to mantle already.

Grizzwold posted:

A bit of probably really dumb :tinfoil: I had while watching the video:

-Alan's mom claimed to have gotten The Clicker from Alan's father, who he never met.
-The clicker was created by Zane to help Alan defeat the darkness
-Alan had never met (or heard of) Thomas Zane prior to the events of the game

Is Zane Alan's father?

As much as I wish this incredible twist could be true, unfortunately Alan was born in 1977 and Zane disappeared in 1969. Although he could metaphorically be Alan's father by way of writing him into existence, because all of Zane's world-dickery shenanigans did happen in the mid-70's!

Inferior posted:

There's one other explanation that you haven't mentioned.

Well I mean yeah but this one is the definitely true one and I didn't wanna spoil the magic!

edit: THAT FILE NAME :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
What you said at the end of the video is the same reason why I really liked the story to this game. The story can be taken at face value, but once you start exploring the possibilities, so much more opens up.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I've mentioned before that I give Remedy's writers too much credit sometimes but its twists like this that cause me to continue to do so. You've already got examples of "Who is actually real?" throughout the story, from Nightingale to the kidnapper, and now maybe Alan himself is perhaps not real either???

Okay, the entirety of Max Payne 2 also causes me to give them that much credit, but a lot of Alan Wake as well!

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RHdrmZsNs0

When's the LP for this one gonna happen CJacobs?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I WANT TO DIE

AND DO AN LP OF IT

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
I have spent a lot of time talking with friends who have played this game about whether Alan wrote Zane, Zane wrote Alan, or the entire plot exists in a paradox where they both created each other. I personally like the idea that their existence is a paradox. You know time doesn't flow normally with the darkness and things that are created can effect the past and future, so it's entirely possible that both of them were created by the other writing them into existence.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
IIRC, the advertising blurb for NuBubs mentions 'over 100 new one-liners'.

Also I want in on co-commenting on a blind playthrough, CJacobs :colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I think it's time for us all to take a nice relaxing vacation. I hear Silent Hill is pretty nice this time of year.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'm so, so happy to hear CollegeJacobs has graduated and is taking a year break to find himself in the happy town of Silent Hill! I hear they're finally reopening the amusement park after that unfortunate incident.... Don't forget your sunscreen and umbrella! Forecast says it'll be a bright, sunny summer, with absolutely no fog, clouds, or bizarre fetal golems angling for blowjobs in sight!

That joke will only makes sense if you follow cjacobs on twitter :v:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

value-brand cereal posted:

That joke will only makes sense if you follow cjacobs on twitter :v:

I don't even have a twitter, dude.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

CJacobs, with his Let's Plays Akimbo.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7JbFBq4NAo

First Bubsy, now this? Looking forward to this LP too.

(Also hurray for Silent Hill LP)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7JbFBq4NAo

First Bubsy, now this? Looking forward to this LP too.

(Also hurray for Silent Hill LP)

:eyepop: THERE ARE MANY GOOD CJACOBS LPs ON THE HORIZON. GOD drat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just a heads up about what's been goin' on for the past week or so: I almost lost the hard drive with Alan Wake on it to a power surge. I have a surge protector power bar, but it seemingly did not protect a drat thing! There was a big rain storm and it caused a power outage that lasted for less than a minute, which is (believe it or not) more dangerous for electronics than one that lasts a long time. Obviously this shorted out my PC, and it's been dicking me around ever since. Well, I've diagnosed the problem, and it turns out that my power supply is not quite up to snuff anymore and when the power surged it tried to take all my hard drives with it like a dickhead. Thankfully, it did not succeed, save for the hard drive where I store archived recordings (including Alan Wake), which decided to eat itself. For the past week I've been able to use my PC for whatever I want including recording and streaming... as long as I don't connect that hard drive to it, then it won't boot up.

But I got it to connect finally and managed to save it, and I've moved everything over to my main LP recording hard drive. It's a bit more crowded now, but it's safe, and that's what matters. So there will probably be an update tomorrow!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 24, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Computer safety is important.

Also, on a Twin Peaks-related note, I only just now got the innuendo in the name "One-Eyed Jack's".

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
When I moved house around six years ago, my computer's PSU burnt out, and did so in a way seemingly designed to scare the poo poo out of me. The weird thing is, the computer was fine immediately after the move; I used it in the evening and all was well. That night though, at like 3am, the PSU literally exploded; I was jolted awake by what looked and sounded like a series of firecrackers going off inside the case. No lightning storm, and it wasn't even turned on at the time! Completely out of the blue.

The surge protector on the power board the computer was plugged into had tripped, and fortunately nothing else in the computer was damaged. I had to buy a new PSU though. I've been wary of PSUs ever since.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm just glad for a delay update that's not "I'm in the hospital because my dick split open like a hot dog in a microwave."

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I've lost a PSU to a one second brownout in the middle of a big project before. Everybody knows to have a surge protector, but they don't do a thing for power dips and outages, they're for the opposite phenomenon. Get you a battery backup, they are very worthwhile.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So long as you're not electrocuted or something just and painful, then we can wait.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's time to finish this... sort of. It's time to begin the process of starting the steps of what we need to do to in order to be ready for undertaking the task of finishing this.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You really made that episode look so easy. It was a real bitch and a half and still not even halfway done.

Dicking around. You can die in the past and cause a Time Paradox.

The tv still plays if you turn it off. The apartment is haunted. Poltergeists/Darkness are hanging around outside the building.

They made the boss fight look easy. That fucker kept smashing into the ground and sweeping across for a sure hit, that it was an endurance test to survive. It broke the whole floor of the bridge and I didn't want to move from there. Another failure state.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Like my new hat, Alice? It's a magnetic reflector I bought off of some website I can't remember the name of to keep other writers from stealing my ideas :grin:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
CJacobs, didn't you say you weren't going to use that flashlight because it gave you headaches during recording? Or does the game automatically give it to you after the power station? It's been so long since I played Alan Wake, I don't recall.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, the game starts you with the BFG flashlight in this episode. You unfortunately kinda need it what with the five billion enemies it throws at you.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Sam Lake out of nowhere doing the original Max Payne face was one of my favourite parts of this game.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I haven't heard much about remedy's newest games. Are they really not good?

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I don't know, actually. Remedy hasn't made a game for a system I own since American Nightmare, which is a shame.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Antistar01 posted:

Sam Lake out of nowhere doing the original Max Payne face was one of my favourite parts of this game.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
It's uncanny.

vvvvvvvvvvvvv :thejoke: (Sorry for any confusion.) vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Antistar01 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 26, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Antistar01 posted:

It's uncanny.

It should be. It's his face on Max Payne The First.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1PUtCyJ-es

edit:

Mr. Lake's banner on twitter

further edit:

WHACK 'IM

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 26, 2017

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Why is he dressed like Alan Wake?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

CJacobs posted:

WHACK 'IM
Now I want to see all of them making that face.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Nothing more badass than smelling a fart and sucking on a lemon.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

White Coke posted:

Why is he dressed like Alan Wake?

That's just the traditional dress of Finland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6giZ2wiar9U

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's time to finish this!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Good LP :unsmith:

Thanks for doing this, and thanks for at least starting the Twin Peaks watchalong. I enjoyed your writeups, and it was enough to move Twin Peaks from the "I should probably watch this sometime" category to the "this is one of my favourite shows" category. So thanks for the gift of good TV!

Looking forward to the DLC - I remember at least one of them being pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
That was a fun ride, glad to have followed along! Also, the jokes were really on point this episode; I was laughing so hard I was crying!

SweaterGear fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 4, 2017

• Locked thread