Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Ugh, I passed out just before you started streaming yesterday. How sad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

gently caress you, Youtube and SME. It didn't even play for more than 30 seconds, was covered by commentary & game audio, and was a PART OF A CUTSCENE. I'm just gonna remove the song from the video and see what happens, if it trashes the audio quality for the whole vid I'll take it down and re-render it with that part silenced. Stupid lovely website.

Absolutely incredible.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Not surprised YT has issues with IP and free speech. They took down a number of my videos years ago that were not even monetized and found in thousands of other users.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uni6BHN6bD8

The archive of Quantum Break Part 2 is up and takedown free!

edit: Never mind, I made it private because it desynced the audio after their stupid edit by like 30 seconds. I will re-render the thing myself.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 1, 2017

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
You may want to outright delete the original version; there's a chance YouTube will flag the second upload as a duplicate and delete that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJlSeRgmjzs

Here it is, finally.

This episode may look and sound a bit weird quality wise- it's a long story. First, I streamed this part on Twitch and that was a mistake because it dropped the stream (my internet did not drop) and separated the video into two halves. I exported both halves and rendered them, but then SME copyright claimed the video and got it blocked worldwide because of 30 seconds of a song that played during a cutscene, underneath the dialogue, which I was talking over. Putting that absolute bullshit aside, I used YouTube's automatic song removal feature to get rid of it and unblock the video because I didn't want to re-render it, but it decided to screw up the audio and it ended up being desynchronized by 30 seconds after a day of processing. So I re-rendered it myself last night and here it is now. What a shitshow. Sticking to YouTube streaming from now on!

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJlSeRgmjzs

Here it is, finally.

This episode may look and sound a bit weird quality wise- it's a long story. First, I streamed this part on Twitch and that was a mistake because it dropped the stream (my internet did not drop) and separated the video into two halves. I exported both halves and rendered them, but then SME copyright claimed the video and got it blocked worldwide because of 30 seconds of a song that played during a cutscene, underneath the dialogue, which I was talking over. Putting that absolute bullshit aside, I used YouTube's automatic song removal feature to get rid of it and unblock the video because I didn't want to re-render it, but it decided to screw up the audio and it ended up being desynchronized by 30 seconds after a day of processing. So I re-rendered it myself last night and here it is now. What a shitshow. Sticking to YouTube streaming from now on!

Yeah twitch can be atrocious sometimes, even if youtube doesnt like my connection very much. loving Toto music tends to be hit super hard even when it's covered by other stuff and I don't understand why.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Not sure if it becomes a thing later in the game, but they are missing out with not combining your other powers with super sprint, but not give you the power to use that kinetic force to blow apart doors and walls. You time stop someone and then punch them, they should either catch fire from all the friction you are making on an object in stasis or blow them apart like you are a hulk. Brave Starr would have been so awesome.

I saw the requirements for the game and even with my rig, I am worried about wasting my money and time, since it looks even less optimized than the Wolfenstein games.

Youtube is rolling out some more fun rules about censoring whatever they want over the next few months, so it might get to the point where disparaging the bad guys is a bad thing, because it might be extremist talk.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 3, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Live with the next part of Quantum Break! I have no idea what's going to happen on this episode! Excitement and slow mo shooting abounds!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Losing our minds! Losing our minds! Losing our minds!

By the way, I hope you can hear the genuine excitement/happiness in my voice in this one. I've been waiting a very long time for these DLCs and they are still as fantastic as I remember!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 6, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That boss battle is not fun at all without flares. But you do get to see the boss fight without having your eyes burned out.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
The DLC is the real climax of the game. I feel like the game's not even complete without them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

KieranWalker posted:

The DLC is the real climax of the game. I feel like the game's not even complete without them.

Might as well throw in American Nightmare too, if only for its antagonist But yeah, the ending to Alan Wake is fine from a narrative standpoint but The Signal/Writer concludes Alan himself a lot better.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Saw the QB video and I laughed too hard at the CNN moment with the radio caller get cut off. That whole segment underground was incredible.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think overall my favourite part of this LP was the wonderful derail about "What if we are all in purgatory and it is feeding guinea-pigs 'Bloobies'" :3: I just love bloobie as a diminutive form of blueberry.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
Did The Signal do anything plot-wise? The gameplay seemed good and the character writing was real good, however, Alan's story starts and ends in the same place. Story-wise this DLC was a huge disappointment; the story just spun its wheels the whole time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The plot didn't really expand any, no, it mostly just served to confirm that the real Alan has been driven crazy by the Dark Place and that the fictional Alan needs to find him to snap him out of it.

edit: It also confirmed that Alan is fully in control of the dark place now even though he isn't sane enough to actually utilize it at the moment- evidenced by making Zane unceremoniously poof away.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 7, 2017

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

The plot didn't really expand any, no, it mostly just served to confirm that the real Alan has been driven crazy by the Dark Place and that the fictional Alan needs to find him to snap him out of it.

So Imaginary Barry was made by Fictional Alan?

CJacobs posted:

edit: It also confirmed that Alan is fully in control of the dark place now even though he isn't sane enough to actually utilize it at the moment- evidenced by making Zane unceremoniously poof away.

Real Alan or Fictional Alan?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Real Alan is in control of the dark place, fictional Alan is just a passenger at this point. As for who created imaginary Barry, uh... I'm not sure!

edit: The real Alan, the one we saw at the end of the DLC, is the one who was trapped by the darkness at the very start of the game. He created a fictional Alan to go through the game's events as the protagonist of the story he was using to save Alice. The end of the main game left Alan still trapped, needing to write a second story in order to free himself, but it was too late for him at that point and now he's crazy. To solve this, fictional Alan- the character he created -is trying to reach him with Zane's help to hopefully join back up with his real body and fix his busted brain.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 7, 2017

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Rewinded for it like 3 times, couldn't make out the Sam Lake burn by skippy over the gun fire. :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jade Star posted:

Rewinded for it like 3 times, couldn't make out the Sam Lake burn by skippy over the gun fire. :(

He said "Sam Lake, if you're watching this- and I know you are because you're not up to much these days" and it hurt me dearly inside

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Streaming more Quantum Break blind! Come watch Jack finally find the Time Dodecahedron, presumably!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 8, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Gonna have to miss another stream, I don't have internet right now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Time to finish Quantum Break! Let's hopefully fix time before it stops forever!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What a fantastic game. Truly unique, in many different ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzCfyeIWZAU

Part 4 just went up, so if you missed the stream you can catch it here! Part 5 will probably be finished processing tomorrow.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4aHFJlj9pk

And that's all she wrote! Thank you all very much for hanging out with me and experiencing this awesome game together. Alan Wake will probably be returning this weekend sometime, possibly sunday but we'll see. Gotta wrangle me a Canadian so I can record the last bout of commentary!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

He said "Sam Lake, if you're watching this- and I know you are because you're not up to much these days" and it hurt me dearly inside

lol

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Who would have thought that Hatch would have, hatched into a time ghost?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4aHFJlj9pk

And that's all she wrote! Thank you all very much for hanging out with me and experiencing this awesome game together. Alan Wake will probably be returning this weekend sometime, possibly sunday but we'll see. Gotta wrangle me a Canadian so I can record the last bout of commentary!

Hey... hey my buddy. My buddy CGuava, remember that thing we discussed when we were doing Xcom together? Right? :(

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
One of the best parts of your Quantum Break streams was you losing your mind at the Alan Wake easter eggs

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

SgtSteel91 posted:

One of the best parts of your Quantum Break streams was you losing your mind at the Alan Wake easter eggs

The Return teaser trailer got the best reactions in my opinion. It is so very clear that Remedy would rather have continued Alan Wake than make Quantum Break, but they did their best with QB regardless. I hope some day we get AW2.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man I hope we get Alan Wake 2 someday. Those references and gags drove me absolutely insane, in a good way. Remedy knows what I want and I bet it's also coincidentally what they want!

Hey by the way, The Evil Within 2 got announced, so,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sicg_BPYsVU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was hoping there would be a power for dashing huge distances in the air and slowing falls.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Scalding Coffee posted:

I was hoping there would be a power for dashing huge distances in the air and slowing falls.

You mean like some sort of... shoot-dodge mechanic? Naw, that's crazy talk!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Do you want to see me stream the Souls games in one 12 hour shot? Well, good news, I'm doing a stream on saturday that is coincidentally going to be that long, for a reason that I can't show you! I'm going back to school next week and I've got a full register of classes for the fall semester, so unfortunately I'm gonna have a lot less time to work on LP stuff. So I figure before I go back down the hole of stress and homework and depression, I'll use my last bit of freedom to have some fun. Hopefully I'll see you there, I will be posting about it here and in the stream thread periodically throughout the day!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Oh, cool, I won't be able to catch this.

Wait, that's not cool at all.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
bman I think you might be cursed to never ever catch my streams except for the very beginning and end. Have you opened any sarcophaguses lately?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oh, hey, I'm free on Saturday! Laudate Solis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

bman I think you might be cursed to never ever catch my streams except for the very beginning and end. Have you opened any sarcophaguses lately?

Nah, my life just went to hell recently, and I'm still recovering.

• Locked thread