Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite video player
vlc
media player classic
quicktime (lol stebe)
windows media player (lol)
some open source garbage idk
youtube (millenial option)
realplayer
whatever plays videos on amiga because ur cripplingly autistic
View Results

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wild EEPROM posted:

reminder that the reason Microsoft outlook uses ctrl f for forward is because a manager decided he liked it that way.

that mans name? bill gates

brb burning bill gates effigy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pre:
            o__ __o           o           o__ __o     o         o    o__ __o__/_       o          o   \o       o/ 
           /v     v\         <|>         /v     v\   <|>       <|>  <|    v           <|\        /|>   v\     /v  
          />       <\        / \        />       <\  < >       < >  < >               / \\o    o// \    <\   />   
        o/                 o/   \o    o/              |         |    |                \o/ v\  /v \o/      \o/     
       <|                 <|__ __|>  <|               o__/_ _\__o    o__/_             |   <\/>   |        |      
        \\                /       \   \\              |         |    |                / \        / \      / \     
          \         /   o/         \o   \         /  <o>       <o>  <o>               \o/        \o/      \o/     
           o       o   /v           v\   o       o    |         |    |                 |          |        |      
           <\__ __/>  />             <\  <\__ __/>   / \       / \  / \  _\o__/_      / \        / \      / \     

o__ __o__/_   o         o        o__ __o     o         o/  __o__   o          o        o__ __o     
          <|    v       <|>       <|>      /v     v\   <|>       /v     |    <|\        <|>      /v     v\    
          < >           / \       / \     />       <\  / >      />     / \   / \\o      / \     />       <\   
           |            \o/       \o/   o/             \o__ __o/       \o/   \o/ v\     \o/   o/              
           o__/_         |         |   <|               |__ __|         |     |   <\     |   <|       _\__o__ 
           |            < >       < >   \\              |      \       < >   / \    \o  / \   \\          |   
          <o>            \         /      \         /  <o>      \o      |    \o/     v\ \o/     \         /   
           |              o       o        o       o    |        v\     o     |       <\ |       o       o    
          / \             <\__ __/>        <\__ __/>   / \        <\  __|>_  / \        < \      <\__ __/>    

o__ __o__/_   o__ __o        o          o   ____o__ __o____ 
                              <|    v       /v     v\      <|\        <|>   /   \   /   \  
                              < >          />       <\     / \\o      / \        \o/       
                               |         o/           \o   \o/ v\     \o/         |        
                               o__/_    <|             |>   |   <\     |         < >       
                               |         \\           //   / \    \o  / \         |        
                              <o>          \         /     \o/     v\ \o/         o        
                               |            o       o       |       <\ |         <|        
                              / \           <\__ __/>      / \        < \        / \       

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

thought that was a molecular diagram for a brief moment

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

sweet barber chair and lol at finishing with the face cut

also i cant really tell because it's hard to assess a tree but why the gently caress is he cutting it that direction? it doesn't have a noticable lean.

and seriously when in doubt use some loving rope

you fell trees by cutting a notch out in the direction you want it to fall, then using a rope tied high up to get it going. for so that this doesnt happen.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

woodsman smythe

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

man's wood smythe

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dont cut down trees

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Citizen Tayne posted:

North Carolinian poster MALE SHOEAZE checking in with his Smoky Mountain hilljack wisdom

lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

BONGHITZ posted:

dont cut down trees like Echi

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ive cut downe xactly two trees and both fell exactly when I wanted them to

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what a man what a man what a man what a man what a mighty fine man

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I have a birch in my yard I should probably remove. It's about 12 feet tall so I won't have to work hard.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

who was the baby who gave you that av?

cut down the tree

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

who was the baby who gave you that av?

cut down the tree

Pittsburgh thread in Goon Meets

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

k-lite is tite

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

North Carolinian poster MALE SHOEAZE checking in with his Smoky Mountain hilljack wisdom

my tree cutting experience was actually in the park service in California, where I cut down big rear end trees including a red wood (well, the red wood had fallen and I got to cut it into pieces). it was so large we had to use a hoist to move the segments. when the binds in the wood popped, the earth shook, it was crazy.

that said, I only did it for a few years before becoming a pasty computer professional, so my experience is nothing compared to people who do that poo poo for their whole life. but I do actually kinda know what I'm talking about.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

my tree cutting experience was actually in the park service in California, where I cut down big rear end trees including a red wood (well, the red wood had fallen and I got to cut it into pieces). it was so large we had to use a hoist to move the segments. when the binds in the wood popped, the earth shook, it was crazy.

that said, I only did it for a few years before becoming a pasty computer professional, so my experience is nothing compared to people who do that poo poo for their whole life. but I do actually kinda know what I'm talking about.

I would unironically like to hear more about this

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Captain Foo posted:

I would unironically like to hear more about this

well ok;

after dropping out of highshool and working dumb retail jobs for a while, i joined the 'california conservation corps' (the ccc). the ccc is a weird relic of the 70s that was envisioned as a adult development / conservation effort / paramilitary program. i ended up located in humboldt, california, which is amazingly beautiful: on the pacific ocean, red woods, fog, and meth.

i worked there for about 7 months, but at that point i was on sort of a scrub crew (who i loved anyhow, and it was fine because i was super soft; my nickname was daisy). we and mostly pulled weeds and stuff. but we worked on a few coastal trails; including one where a red wood had fallen and needed to be carefully cut up and hoisted off the trail.

eventually i made it into the ccc's trailwork program, which is where I got started working yosemite. i worked in yosemite for 3 more years, mostly in the 'backcountry.' absolutely the best time of my life, but I had to feel all intellectually dissatisfied and go back to sitting in front of a computer. also I burned my bridges pretty fantastically.

uh anyhow, I guess i can go into more detail if you're interested, but i get uncomfortable talking about it because it's one of those things where I can go on forever but nobody cares.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

well ok;

after dropping out of highshool and working dumb retail jobs for a while, i joined the 'california conservation corps' (the ccc). the ccc is a weird relic of the 70s that was envisioned as a adult development / conservation effort / paramilitary program. i ended up located in humboldt, california, which is amazingly beautiful: on the pacific ocean, red woods, fog, and meth.

i worked there for about 7 months, but at that point i was on sort of a scrub crew (who i loved anyhow, and it was fine because i was super soft; my nickname was daisy). we and mostly pulled weeds and stuff. but we worked on a few coastal trails; including one where a red wood had fallen and needed to be carefully cut up and hoisted off the trail.

eventually i made it into the ccc's trailwork program, which is where I got started working yosemite. i worked in yosemite for 3 more years, mostly in the 'backcountry.' absolutely the best time of my life, but I had to feel all intellectually dissatisfied and go back to sitting in front of a computer. also I burned my bridges pretty fantastically.

uh anyhow, I guess i can go into more detail if you're interested, but i get uncomfortable talking about it because it's one of those things where I can go on forever but nobody cares.

No this is pretty cool, someone on the forums had an A/T thread or some such about this sort of thing years ago, it was very interesting

How was Yosemite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I've cut down a few trees in my life. I've planted many more. I'm an environmentalist :smugdog:

• Locked thread