Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm torn here because gently caress Penn State but also gently caress the committee.

Glass is half full, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Welp

gently caress OSU, win your god drat division

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm glad the team that we beat by 39 points finished ahead of us in the rankings

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I like this bracket because Washington is in, and the gnashing of teeth about OSU will be great.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Everyone go independent because because they just said conferences are irrelevant

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Welp

gently caress OSU, win your god drat division

Didn't need to :smug:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Glad Washington didn't get ratfucked

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Roasted Donut posted:

figured this would be the case

Going to the Rose Bowl and getting stomped by USC is better than getting stomped by Bama, it's cool

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I'm honestly surprised they didn't pull the trigger on PSU.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's going to be Alabama/Ohio State in the CFP final and I'm going to be praying for a dirty bomb

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm glad the team that we beat by 39 points finished ahead of us in the rankings

You lost to a team you were favored by 26 points over and didn't move at all in the rankings

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I mean I hate Ohio State and all, but Penn State is a bad football team. Maybe the Big 10 shouldn't have gotten any teams in the playoff

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

kittenmittons posted:

Didn't need to :smug:

Doesn't seem fair that you get an extra week of rest

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

Everyone go independent because because they just said conferences are irrelevant

they're good for getting big tv deals

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hopefully, this leads to a six or eight team playoff.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
lol Penn State being left out means Michigan is denied the Rose Bowl

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
"The kids who were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. It's a tough life when people do certain things to you." - Joe Paterno.

Tough life!

Also, "the kids who were victims or whatever"

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Emron posted:

You lost to a team you were favored by 26 points over and didn't move at all in the rankings

Lol, yes, they held everything in place for one week (Clemson also lost AT HOME to a huge underdog the same week) but obviously that loss dropped us from 2nd to 6th in the long run. There's no way Michigan wouldn't have been #3 if they beat Ohio State.

edit: actually they would have been #2 ahead of Clemson. So yeah. I think that loss hurt us a bit!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Marquis de Pyro posted:

games played in September don't matter

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

marioinblack posted:

They were either way

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I can dream.

Also I think the playoff will be a lot of fun. Sorry Washington.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's going to be Alabama/Ohio State in the CFP final and I'm going to be praying for a dirty bomb

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

gently caress Oaklahoma for losing to OSU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

They were either way

The only people who are going to be upset about going to the Orange Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl are the stereotypical old Michigan fans everyone hates, so I guess this forum can finally be united in something related to Michigan. Penn State gets skullfucked by USC while Michigan has a far more winnable game in a far more important recruiting area, oh no!!!!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

gently caress Oaklahoma for losing to OSU

Games in September don't matter. Why isn't Big 12 champ Oklahoma in the playoff over Ohio State?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Penn State is going to murder Pitt next season because of this

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Congrats to IMG Academy on everyone getting tickets to the Orange Bowl!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The only people who are going to be upset about going to the Orange Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl are the stereotypical old Michigan fans everyone hates, so I guess this forum can finally be united in something related to Michigan. Penn State gets skullfucked by USC while Michigan has a far more winnable game in a far more important recruiting area, oh no!!!!

the Rose is actually way cooler though

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Peach Bowl prediction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Wfg0n2EE8

Also :laffo: ESPN getting really mad at Washington

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Lol, yes, they held everything in place for one week (Clemson also lost AT HOME to a huge underdog the same week) but obviously that loss dropped us from 2nd to 6th in the long run. There's no way Michigan wouldn't have been #3 if they beat Ohio State.

edit: actually they would have been #2 ahead of Clemson. So yeah. I think that loss hurt us a bit!

This is a good summary of why you are ranked 6 and not 5, yes

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

"The kids who were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. It's a tough life when people do certain things to you." - Joe Paterno.

Tough life!

Also, "the kids who were victims or whatever"

Did you go to PSU? You're obsessed my dude.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

marioinblack posted:

they would have loved a michigan-colorado rose bowl

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Bull loving poo poo, how does UW get hosed to #4 compared to Ohio State, they didn't even make their god drat championship game. I guess the hope is that the conference championships are revised here so that their best teams actually get to play...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Hey Joey Galloway, I love you, but maybe mention *why* Penn State is missing a few scholarships.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Some years conference championships matter, some years they don't

-ESPN

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Expand the playoff to eight teams and add a clause that forbids Ohio State from playing in it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Some years conference championships matter, some years they don't

-ESPN

They can matter and also not be the only thing that matters

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Marquis de Pyro posted:

lol what everyone would rather play in/go to the Rose Bowl than the Orange Bowl

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Here comes Kriby...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

Alabama tore out our dicks and balls, then shoved them into our asses. Then ramfucked our own dicks and balls deep within our transverse colons.

• Locked thread