Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I have more playtime in this dumb game than I do Final Fantasy XV.

Also, has there been any news about when you'll be able to buy the DH express passes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Mushroom lady's VA is way too into her role.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Mushroom lady's VA is way too into her role.

"Without mushrooms there is no glory, there is nothing, there is no LOVE, NOTHING MAKES SENSE!" :shroom:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Secretly the coolest thing about this game is the stamina system. It's done right.
Unlike every Souls game ever you have a chance to run away but you absolutely cannot just dash through the level - enemies have no leash and running doesn't drain their stamina so you just get mobbed and die.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is there a way to increase your fighter's max level yet? Just beaten Coen and I've been screwing around in PVP the last while.

SQUARES
Jan 28, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Is there a way to increase your fighter's max level yet? Just beaten Coen and I've been screwing around in PVP the last while.

You unlock the ability to buy rank 2 fighters (max level 50 I think) after beating the major boss on floor 10, so you've got a bit to go.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is multiplayer invasion essentially gated by story? I don't see how to do it presently...

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You need to make some progress in the tower

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Locking off multiplayer until the player beats Floor 3 makes a lot of sense, as soon as you're in it - you're in it.
Invading is currently so stacked in the invaders favor that it realistically forces you to spend most of your liquid assets before shutting the game off.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Gorp posted:

Invading is currently so stacked in the invaders favor that it realistically forces you to spend most of your liquid assets before shutting the game off.
It'll be that way forever, any asynchronous F2P PvP inevitably works that way. It's usually taken advantage of by selling 'protection' timers for real money. Regardless because any asynch PvP game is really just another form of the same PvE, everyone can and will be defeated unless they are simply the most powerful around, either by poopsocking or by huge alliances.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My big suggestion is to try and get all the blueprints you can because weapons and armor built off of them are so much better than the stuff you just find.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
My big suggestion is to not blindly equip armor.
Every piece of armor I've seen has +'s and -'s. Armor can make you take more damage from slash or blunt weapons which may be super undesirable for your area.

Helmets are the best pieces of armor though, as they don't change your defense they just raise your base stats while worn.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm thinking I shouldn't even pick up lethal mushrooms. Just died after eating an exploding mushroom, and then right after got got by a hater who did half of my health in one punch. :negative:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

^ On the other hand I exploded a hater that was busy with someone else using one of those shrooms thrown and it was :krad:

muscles like this! posted:

My big suggestion is to try and get all the blueprints you can because weapons and armor built off of them are so much better than the stuff you just find.
Not to mention blueprints seem to be the one piece of progress that you CAN'T lose. Though amusingly you can definitely progress recipes so far that none of your fighters can equip them, especially if they get wiped out and you're starting from scratch.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Gorp posted:

Locking off multiplayer until the player beats Floor 3 makes a lot of sense, as soon as you're in it - you're in it.

Urgh, I didn't like that in MGSV, probably won't here. I don't mind it happening while I'm playing, but losing all my stuff because I dared to go to work is a pain in the rear end.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Does it just take like, a poo poo load of time to level up or is it just me? I played for a couple hours yesterday just toodling around the first three floors but I was little surprised that I wasn't even able to hit level 2 and wear my sweet new jacket that requires 208 hp to wear.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Does it just take like, a poo poo load of time to level up or is it just me? I played for a couple hours yesterday just toodling around the first three floors but I was little surprised that I wasn't even able to hit level 2 and wear my sweet new jacket that requires 208 hp to wear.
That's odd, one of the things I've been doing is running levels up to the first boss with a new fighter and killing everything to get its initial set of levels. Quite a bit of XP for doing so.

vvv Edit: oh that makes sense. vvv

gibbed fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 6, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Urgh, I didn't like that in MGSV, probably won't here. I don't mind it happening while I'm playing, but losing all my stuff because I dared to go to work is a pain in the rear end.

You won't lose all your stuff, but yeah, I just got my poo poo pushed in by like a dozen people in the last 24 hours.

The benefit is that if you equip your characters with kit from the shop, it won't ever break and your characters themselves persist from invasion to invasion unless they're kidnapped (which doesn't happen often). Just don't finish a session with a ton of lucre in your banks and you shouldn't have much to worry about.

DrNutt posted:

You can only level up in the lobby. Talk to the giant floating tentacle-brain.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What do stats govern? I imagine STM is stamina and HP is HP, but the rest don't seem to offer much in the way of explanations. :v:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
There's a tutorial that explains what each does

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Do I need to "Equip" a decal for the skill? I bought my first... but my skill boxes are all empty...

Assuming I have to apply it somehow?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

talk to the mushroom lady in your lobby

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'd really, really love to know how Lily Bergamo became Let It Die.

It's a lot more fun than I expected it to be, so... Cool.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

lets hang out posted:

talk to the mushroom lady in your lobby

Ohhh, it's kind of confusingly under "Change Decal".

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Jesus Christ, the first boss intro. :catstare:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wonder what Suda51 does since he's not making games.

Oxxidation posted:

I legitimately paused the game to watch it again and try to figure out what I just saw.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I can't get past floor four :( so many groups of 4+ screamers

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Cuntellectual posted:

I wonder what Suda51 does since he's not making games.

He's supposedly making games again, but he's CEO of his company and for a long time he was just doing, well, CEO stuff, like making sure the company had contracts in place to make more games.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
So is it even possible to play it right now? I was able to play yesterday but it takes 5+ minutes of sitting on the network connection icon before I even get to the title screen and then i just can't get in game. It sits on the network icon.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Overbite posted:

So is it even possible to play it right now? I was able to play yesterday but it takes 5+ minutes of sitting on the network connection icon before I even get to the title screen and then i just can't get in game. It sits on the network icon.

i'm playing right now :shrug:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Someone earlier in the thread was asking about whether you need PS+ or not, and according to the official FAQ you do not.

e: Also this FAQ is super thorough. If you have a question about the game mechanics it's probably not a bad idea to check it first.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Assuming I don't get robbed, should I save up for the 50k stew or should I buy some basic decals?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lakbay posted:

Assuming I don't get robbed, should I save up for the 50k stew or should I buy some basic decals?

what IS the point of the stew?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It gives a random premium decal I think but I don't know if it's more cost effective to buy the basic static decals in the mushroom store

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i believe you can't lose premium decals? something like that?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

quote:

Premium decals that you get from the Mushroom Club will not disappear.

Dammit I bought the mosquito decal because it sounded good, shoulda saved up for the stew

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Keep picking up hammers and you'll never lose

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Oxxidation posted:

For those who want to relive the magic or don't care about spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McB5njrgqn8

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

This game is loving bonkers. That first boss intro is the best cutscene I've seen in a long rear end time. Can't wait to see the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

maybe defenders would have a chance if they didn't take turns coming at you lol

• Locked thread