Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

Would you rather have MKX rules where you could stab two daggers to the hilts into a person's eye sockets with no lasting negative effects?

That does sound more like DC...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

redbackground posted:

That does sound more like DC...

No it doesn't, the victim still has both their arms attached.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

No it doesn't, the victim still has both their arms attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjuE2XP-xHM&t=12s

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Disappointed they didn't code in an easter egg where Jax repeats it with the lower set of arms.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Marvel Announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq_V6WHSmQs

It's being done by Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider) and Eidos Montreal (Deus Ex).
Edit: More info in 2018.....awesome

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 26, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Marvel Announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq_V6WHSmQs

It's being done by Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider) and Eidos Montreal (Deus Ex).

Might be cool. I'm not the hugest fan of Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider series, but they're certainly competent devs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently it's a new partnership, the Avengers is just the first being announced.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm curious about what kind of game it will be, like is it going to be based on the canceled first person Avengers game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It will be literal identical to Tomb Raider but with Hawkeye badly pasted over Lara Croft.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

twistedmentat posted:

I'm curious about what kind of game it will be, like is it going to be based on the canceled first person Avengers game.

Obviously it's going to be a spiritual successor to Bullfrog sim games where you have to build, maintain, and defend/repair a growing Avengers Tower.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It will be literal identical to Tomb Raider but with Hawkeye badly pasted over Lara Croft.

As long as his rack is as big as classic Laras, then its all good.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Hawkeye goes on a road trip with Luke Cage, Daredevil, and Iron Fist.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Hawkeye goes on a road trip with Luke Cage, Daredevil, and Iron Fist.

Game of the Year forever right there.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I wish there was an Ultimate Alliance 3...

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Lurdiak posted:

I liked how Injustice's Nightwing could switch from the big Tim Drake staff to the Dick Grayson kali sticks, I suppose actually putting in a separate Robin character doesn't leave much for him to do.

Well, Nightwing won't be in it, right? He died.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dick Grayson died before the first game.

Nightwing was Damien.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Well, Nightwing won't be in it, right? He died.

But Nightwing didn't! :pseudo:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's too bad Secret Wars 2015 hasn't been adapted as a game; it's basically a perfect setup for one. There's a million versions of each character, tons of locations, and has complete and utter freedom built into it.

I feel like if Marvel Heroes had been released later, It would take place on Battle World.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It's too bad Secret Wars 2015 hasn't been adapted as a game; it's basically a perfect setup for one. There's a million versions of each character, tons of locations, and has complete and utter freedom built into it.

I feel like if Marvel Heroes had been released later, It would take place on Battle World.

There's nothing stopping them from adding Battleworld in a later expansion.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought Dick was standard Nightwing and Damian was the alt. I'm just talking purely gameplay wise here. Damian became red Nightwing yeah, but he's Robin now, so there should be no point in Nightwing for the sequel.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

There's nothing stopping them from adding Battleworld in a later expansion.

I keep hoping, I loved the new patches gameplay upgrades, but I'm so incredibly bored with the levels. There needs to be something new on the level of Asgard. I'm sick of running IC or MM constantly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Original universe Nightwing is still alive in the game actually. It's Injustice Dick that's dead.

So they could have both in the game still. Seems like a waste of a slot though, he could just be an alternate skin for Damian now that they're doing more elaborate changes for some.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 27, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Are they going to have the good "main universe" heroes come back to help again, or will this just be all Injustice universe people only?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They haven't revealed enough to say.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I keep hoping, I loved the new patches gameplay upgrades, but I'm so incredibly bored with the levels. There needs to be something new on the level of Asgard. I'm sick of running IC or MM constantly.

Welcome to every MMO ever made.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ImpAtom posted:

There's no way a company presided over by Square Enix would miss the obvious money saving potential of having it just be Kate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Canary announced for Injustice.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/02/02/injustice-2-black-canary-gameplay-reveal-trailer-ign-first

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I didn't think they could do it, but they even screwed up that costume.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's not great, but it's not the worst.

But it made me watch an ad for Powerless and *that* might be the worst.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is the first announcement that really fucks with the Injustice comic thing, isn't it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really don't like the Injustice design for Blue Beetle. He's way too bulky.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

I really don't like the Injustice design for Blue Beetle. He's way too bulky.

He looks like the live action Tick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

This is the first announcement that really fucks with the Injustice comic thing, isn't it?

The Black Canary from the A universe is still around.

The comic only deals with the Injustice universe characters.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

The Black Canary from the A universe is still around.

The comic only deals with the Injustice universe characters.

They've not given any indication that Earth-1 characters are in this one, though. It's supposed to be about Supergirl coming to earth and busting Evil Superman out of the pokey, I think?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

People worrying about continuity in a fighting game series in this thread.

It's the Black Canary Dr Fate sent to a different universe in the comic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

People worrying about continuity in a fighting game series in this thread.

It's the Black Canary Dr Fate sent to a different universe in the comic.

Mortal Kombat is better about continuity than most comic books are, to be fair.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

ImpAtom posted:

http://sightlessedog.tumblr.com/post/156741184574/i-cannot-wait-to-play-as-her

Apparently it's specifically the Black Canary from the Regime universe, who Doctor Fate saved and stowed away in (yet a third) alternate universe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

http://sightlessedog.tumblr.com/post/156741184574/i-cannot-wait-to-play-as-her

Apparently it's specifically the Black Canary from the Regime universe, who Doctor Fate saved and stowed away in (yet a third) alternate universe.

Oh neat. It's dumb I know but I'm glad they're actually sticking to the comic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There may also be an Arrow skin for her. Katie Cassidy posted about doing some game work ages ago and nothing has come out with her in it since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I like that the alternate skin they show at the end of the Canary trailer is her Gary Frank Birds of Prey outfit.

...man, I hope her JLI outfit isn't in here.