Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also that the team behind TWD1 isnt there anymore, 2 became Clems very very bad and poo poo day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-06-telltales-batman-uses-photo-of-assassinated-russian-ambassador

Hoooo boy telltale hosed up big time here. How the hell does this even happen?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

"Our executive team insisted that what was popular about Guardians of the Galaxy, was darkness and violence, and sadness," said Buck. "And that people did not associate humour with that brand... So we redid the first two episodes to be less funny and more dark and more violent and more sad, and that's the game that shipped. And one of the biggest comments in editorial, was that it felt very off-tone for Guardians of the Galaxy and wasn't very funny. And we were like 'we know'."
But this highlighted another core problem within Telltale, Buck added; it's not just the "fundamental misunderstanding" from the executive team, but also an unwillingness to listen, and on the occasions they did, "it was very, very often an uphill battle, and one that was scary to fight".

"If you fought it too hard, you would be taken off a project, replaced, or even let go, and that happened to people on a number of occasions," said Buck. "So we were trying as hard as possible to cater to who our executive team thought out fanbase was, this core gamer-type audience. And we did cultivate a pretty large audience of that type as well all of the other types of people."
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-10-18-a-post-mortem-of-telltale-games
:allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

and where's adam come from

tube
tube baby

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1622707723480563721?s=20

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Things seemed to improve a LOT once Tony was talking less.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i bought it because of the birthday party

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got Midnight Suns on sale without the DLC and even then it was teetering on being just a bit too much for my plate and I only friendshipped 4 characters all the way. That last fight was pretty ridiculous and brutal and a slog especially when ghost rider's enemies blow up skill interacted badly with the 'clear all enemies off the board' event that led to 2 extra immortal dread maidens clobbering me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

if you think theres not enough characters in the game, get it I guess. As it is without any DLC the game was just a tiny bit overlong for me without even chatting up everyone to full friendship.

Also if you get the dlc you get morbius lmao.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats absolutely one part of Midnight Suns I hated. It makes me feel so skeezy playing around that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yea its more a hang around in a hot tub with Magik and Wolverine kinda game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Skyrim has 10x as many players. for some reason.