Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Skwirl posted:

I can't quite remember but either Birds of Prey or Little Women was the last movie I saw in a theater.

The last three films I saw in the theater was Birds of Prey > Birds of Prey > Sonic the Hedgehog.

Not a bad way to wrap up the theater experience before the pandemic hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

The Wolverine game on PS2 that I think was a movie tie in was pretty bad rear end if I remember right so I'm in.

That game was way fuckin' better than it had any right to be.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I like the Arkham games but I really, REALLY hate their take on Tim Drake.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Midniter posted:

Refresh my memory? My only recollection of him is as a buzzed-head jacked up USMC-Robin type.

That's exactly it lol. That's as far from being Tim Drake as humanly possible.

Tim is a thinker, out of all the Robins he's the detective, and he's drat good at it. He's the observer, the planner. He's not some always pissed-off buzzed-head rear end in a top hat. They just completely hosed his character in every possible way.

omg chael crash posted:

The Arkham tie in comics also established that he has a day job as an MMA fighter which is just the wackiest poo poo

Jesus Christ.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Batman '89 was the only real choice of skin for Knight. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

afaik they planned to use Stephanie Brown and DC made them switch her out

Goddamit. Fuckin' Didio I swear.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I started playing the Avengers game because lol it's free might as well give it a shot.

Honestly? I kind of like it. Would have never paid sixty bucks for it, but it's been fun in a brainless sort of way so far.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm sure the shine is going to wear off at some point but Marvel Snap is a lot of fun so far.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Forget Suicide Squad. Give me a sequel to Gotham City Imposters. :v:

Soonmot posted:

Maybe, but I would never play those game. A 3rd person gi joe game fighting COBRA with a cartoony vibe and special powers though? gently caress I'd be all over that.

I tried fortnite since everyone on Get Played podcast loved it and got the x-23 skin and i died in my first match to my first opponent and then deleted the game.

Fortnite puts you against bots in your first several games.

Congrats. You got killed by a bot.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I started playing Midnight Suns last night, and...wow.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: this feels more like what I want out of a Suicide Squad game than the actual Suicide Squad game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

The Midnight Suns DLC is on sale for PS4/5. Is this something I should grab not having started the game itself yet or is the base game just fine?

Basically, is Storm worth playing?

I started the game with all the DLC and I can't imagine not having Morbius in my group at this point.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lobok posted:

[rips mask off Vandar]
A-ha! So it was a Sony executive this whole time!

GODDAMMIT.

Mr Hootington posted:

The penguin is in the game. You capture him and make him your arms dealer. Your support team consists of penguin, Hiro Okamura Toyman, Gizmo, Flagg, Waller, new character named Hacker whobisbjust thinker but a black lady, and an enslaved child Poison Ivy.

Hacker's not a new character, is she?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Zalika_(Prime_Earth)

Is this not who Rocksteady is using?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

The game is called Kill the Justice League. You get to do that. They don’t do the Shadow of the Colossus thing where it’s a constant tragedy; you play semi-competent assholes with grudges. That’s the basis of the comedy.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the comedy in watching a bunch of assholes murder and humiliate my beloved childhood heroes. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I saw footage where Harley jumped off a rooftop and landed in the ground and it had no impact and she just jumped up again. It looked so lifeless and weightless. Might as well have been Fortnite.

If it was Fortnite she would have taken fall damage and died.

Golden Bee posted:

Gotham city impostors was funny and had guns.

Gotham City Imposters was so fuckin' dumb. I loved it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'll bite. What's the issue with the Diana bio?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They ignored the New 52 nonsense about new Amazons and made the Well of Souls canon again, thank god.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/s/FqhWSnPPoC

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

As far back as Arkham Origins, the question of canon as far as those games goes has been kinda a moot point

It was a nice little trilogy that had a pretty definitive ending. Nothing that Sunset Overdrive Brainiac Edition or "what if we glued Destiny onto Arkham" matters all that much

I'm honestly curious about that Wonder Woman game that's in the pipeline more than anything. Specifically, is it just going to be new God of War starring Diana? Because that'd be pretty dull

It’s Shadow of Mordor, complete with the Nemesis system.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Well it definitely should be doing better than Hogwart's Legacy at least.

You uh, underestimate the popularity of Harry Potter.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure the Arkhamverse thing is the main reason people are so mad about it. I mean, I suppose there's the Kevin Conroy thing, but every actor has a last role eventually and few get to leave on a high note. People are just emotionally invested in this particular Batman since they literally walked in his shoes boots for 3 games. It's basically the anger/controversy over the part of The Last Of Us 2 when Joel dies all over again... but this time with super-people.

I mean don't get me wrong, there'd still be people mad about the story, because no story's perfect and no video game's ever gonna please everyone, but the rage would be drastically lower if they didn't tie it in to those games.

Six games. We've been with this specific Batman for six games now.

And yeah, if this wasn't Arkhamverse we wouldn't be THIS mad. We'd still be upset, but not as much. There's so many annoying little story things that would have been fixed by not having this set in the Arkhamverse.

The Deadshot retcon especially is just...dumb as gently caress.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Six? Wait, are you counting Injustice? That's very explicitly not the same world.

Origins, Blackgate, Asylum, City, Knight, VR.

Thinkin' I'm some scrub that thinks Injustice is Arkhamverse. Please. :colbert:

(If we want to count the mobile titles there's nine Arkham games in total before Kill the Justice League!)

Vandar fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 23, 2024

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

It's still technically running in that way that zombie MMOs do.

It's still fairly decently populated. I logged on a couple months back and there were sizable groups of people everwhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

K-pop idol with ice powers, created for Marvel: Future Fight, has had a few comic appearances since then

Sharon Rogers is still the best OC character to come out of Future Fight and I wish she'd show up somewhere else somehow. She's rad as heck.