Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Android Blues posted:

I actually liked this, I thought it was a cool way to show that Harvey's problems are internal and that even if Batman had saved him from the scarring, something was bound to snap sooner or later.

Me too for the same reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I found out that apparently most people really like the absolutely terrible version of Joker in the Telltale Batman game. I guess... everyone's stupid?

...Where did you find that out?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm bad at fighting games and only played the first Injustice a grand total of about 2 hours after I bought it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_Xq17UIig

But I'll probably buy this.

Uh, I believe you'll find Hellboy smokes cigars, not cigarettes :goonsay:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

No that's definitely Batman.

Ah, but in the third game, Batman beats the crap out of cops on Gotham, so...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Both playstation and xbox have directs tomorrow afternoon, so we'll get a trailer soon.

Batman: Arkham Court

I know it's not what you mean, but now I'm picturing Ace Attorney with the Batman dramatis personae and it is quite droll.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

The Switch owns so get one anyway

The Switch will get Streets of Rage 4, so there's another reason to get it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

site posted:

ummmmm

what

Why don't they make Wolverine out of the same material as his pants.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Finally a Spider-Man game that will let me be the emissary of hell and gun motherfuckers down.

Finally, a Spider-Man game which allows you to pull out a shotgun and blow away fools, just like Italian Spider-Man.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

site posted:

if you can't get Jimmy Olsen to marry a gorilla what's even the point

Well, I'd play it if you could tie Louis Lane to the front of a truck and drive it off a cliff.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

this technically counts for this thread, right? Not too familiar with the property but looks promising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7WH_vvwmO4

It should do. It looks marvelous.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

catlord posted:

Last time this conversation happened, Slay the Spire got used as the "well obviously people who hate digital card games have never played it" so I did, in fact, play it.

Ah, but did you like it?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Playing Blacksad: Under the Skin and it's actually enjoying. Especially the moment where you sit at a poker table trying to remember stuff about the person you're impersonating. It's kinda mind palace scene where you walk around in your flashback trying to find the relevant clues. Plus you can cause the death of a character who's running a child sex slave operation.
There's also lots of ways to die and the game specifically sets up traps for you: There's one scene where a crime boss is about to shoot someone and you're in the same room, hiding. You get an option to keep hiding or try to save his life. If you choose to try and save his life you immediately get shot. If you choose to keep hiding another option comes up where you can choose between continue to hide or risk your life to save his life. If choose the latter you get gunned down again. This keeps up until the crime boss shoots the guy.

This game was... Interesting. But I feel it fell prey to the TellTale curse of choice in a point-and-click adventure, even if they did address it in the game (particularly with the last choice).

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah - where did the habit of putting up number damage in games outside of RPGs come from? Call me a stodgy old codger, but it's very grating to me.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

...how

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You must POW! and SMASH! until it is done.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Huh, when did Strong Bad join the MU?

Oh, don't be mean to Strong Bad.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Uh...

What is GaaS?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Fair enough. Google was just giving Gallium Arsenic and I knew it couldn't have been that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, I guess there'll be no surprises in the direction North will be taking the Iron Man storyline!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

After googling

Oh! Well, so much for my assumption that you'll have the option of playing it like an unhinged GTA character as Tony Stark and going around shooting tanks in the Iron Man suit.

Uh... it was a pun on... his name being... North.

Nevermind.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, it and the Guardians game were too pure for this world.

Well, in truth the latter did have a problem with bullet-spongey enemies near the end.

But it was tres, tres good in so many other ways.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Soonmot posted:

for a good shark with a gun game, might I reccomend Manhunter, where you can mutate to shoot radioactive blasts amongst other things.

For a good gun with a shark game, might I recommend Armed and Dangerous.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

to me all comment sections are where the dead internet theory shines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Internet_theory

Kojima was right, once again!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Grem posted:

How am I so loving stupid

Well, you are posting on Something Awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Suicide Squad if Vivziepop wrote it

Wow, that's a... Very good encapsulation of it.