Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It also appears that Grodd is one of the main villains as he is the leader of the society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

I found out that apparently most people really like the absolutely terrible version of Joker in the Telltale Batman game. I guess... everyone's stupid?

What was bad about him?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/856884759074545664

September 19

Ultron
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Rocket
Chun-Li
Strider
Chris Redfield

Mostly veterans aside from Ultron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ2Hsig12h8

You forgot Sigma.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhonne posted:

Ultron Sigma is wonderfully dumb.

They should just go full Amalgam universe and fuse all the characters.

Well it works better then most as they are both Robots.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

twistedmentat posted:

Wow, really digging deep in the roster of characters.

Though that's the only real problem I see.

How so?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Darkseid is not really a superman villain as much as a DC villain. He has messed with a lot of heroes, and tends to be the big villain of all New Gods stuff that Superman is not even involved in. The ones against Superman just tends to stand out more because of how famous he is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Monaghan posted:

The first season was godawful with the whole vicky vale thing and people being instantly cool with the sons of arkham despite the fact they murdered two people on live tv (one being just a debate moderator).

Uhhhh that never happened. Everyone was afraid of and thought the Children of Arkham were criminals.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dan Didio posted:

I don't understand why you'd make a Superman game, and then make him less powerful.

Less Powerful in that he is not on the level of his stupidly powerful versions. AKA he is at the level were there are quite a few things capable of challenging him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 7, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Diabetic posted:

All you have to do is give him the level of powers as he is starting out, where he can take a bullet but not a full on assault because it hurts him just enough he has to regroup. Don't give him the strength to punch planet but enough power to where if he hits a normal man they rag doll. Done.

Exactly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

What you're describing is a DBZ game where Goku can't go super saiyan.

We had some of those. Some were quite fun.

Superman while powerful has never been the strongest in the DC Universe. There were plenty of beings more powerful then him. And there were machines and tech capable of hurting him. (Along with him having no immunity to magic.)

There was an animated series game that I had quite a bit of fun with with. Superman: Shadow of Apokolips that while having quite a few flaws, I feel more or less did the powerlevel of Superman right. He was strong, fast, had a bunch of superpowers. For the Mooks of the game they used Robots created by Lex Luthor armed with Apokoliptian weapons. The Weapons of Apokolips being good enough to actually harm Superman. (There is a prison break later in the game were you fight normal human enemies, they are incapable of hurting you and go down in a single punch, while the Interbots can generally take punch or two before being destroyed.) For the villains of the game they used three that were capable of fighting Superman. Livewire, Parasite and Metallo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Darkseid and Deathstroke also show up on the main screen.

Interesting to see Grodd, Thawne and Livewire.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gaz-L posted:

Well duh. Ditko would've had MJ be the one fretting over when to stop caring for and trying to redeem a friend, and Peter would sneer and explain that as soon as one chooses a life of crime, they have forfeited all right to empathy.

It's kind of insane how crazy Ditko's views were.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Monaghan posted:

Finished spider man, loving great,I'm more surprised at the revelation that Norman really cares about Harry. I think it's the first time I can remember that Norman had something more than disdain for his son.

Also otto's heel turn was a little fast, but drat it made for a good emotional finale. It gave Peter and Otto a connection without feeling contrived. This is by far my favourite portrayal of doc ock.

Otto had the Heel turn early on. Once he started getting backed by AIM and is starting work on the new Arms after losing his money to Osborn he had already done the turn. He has parts for Electro, Vulture and Rhino in his lab, plans for the Raft Breakout and his villain suit. He just dresses that stuff up as something else. But he starts his plan from early on in the game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I enjoyed Arkham Origins so I am happy to see another game. But Yeah I also hope there is no Joker, he has gotten too much focus.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RevKrule posted:

A Batman game with the revenge system from Shadow of Mordor/War could be so loving fun.

Just not sure how it would work. Given the whole dying thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

That part was kinda neat but it was also absurd because it's someone beating a prion infection through sheer force of will. There's a limit to what I'll accept even for Batman.

Well no, Scarecrow basicly reversed the effect by putting too much toxin in him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Medullah posted:

I want Ron Funches voiced Killer Shark from the Harley Quinn series.

King Shark not Killer. Croc is the Killer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Assuming that we will have an actual playable squad for this game, does this sound like a good list for it, let's assume 7 members, not counting Waller and Flagg.

King Shark, Count Vertigo, Bronze Tiger, Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, Harley Quinn (I would like someone else, but I assume she is going to be in the game.) Then we need a more fodder member how about Copperhead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Codependent Poster posted:

The leaked list is in that tweet I posted.

Deadshot, Harley, Captain Boomerang, El Diablo, King Shark, Cheetah, and Enchantress.

Going in hard on the cast from the movie, which everyone makes fun of now. Rocksteady striking while the iron isn't even out.

I would swap Diablo with Vertigo, Katana or Copper.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

And that's still as dumb as it was in the movie because he's the Man of Steel, and they're some guys with guns.

If the Team leaks are correct, then Enchantress, Cheetah and King Shark can sort of threaten him. Shark is a powerful demigod who was originally a Superboy villain, Cheetah's claws and fangs can slice through any material (In comics she was able to slice Superman's skin as if he were a normal human.) And Superman has no defence against Enchantresses magic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the look of the Gotham Knights game. Though it's clearly not a sequel to Arkham Knight as there are too many inconsistencies.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skwirl posted:

I'm not surprised they made Deadshot black even if this is supposed to be staunchly in the Arkham universe, way more people are gonna associate him with Will Smith than his brief appearances in previous games. Plus wasn't he Black in the Assault on Arkham cartoon movie?

Nope. I think Suicide Squad is the only place he has been black in.

Personally I would have just used Bronze Tiger if they wanted a black guy on the team. As Bronze Tiger is awesome. Not a big fan of changing characters race myself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skwirl posted:

It's loving Deadshot, no one gives a poo poo. Plus they probably wanted a sniper character and I'm not super familiar with Bronze Tiger, but isn't his thing claws or knife hands or something?

Tiger is one of the best martial artists in the world, he also uses claws as a weapon sometimes. Also he wears a cool tiger mask.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Open Marriage Night posted:

They gave Boomer limited super speed like his son in the comics.

Samoa Joe is a good choice for King Shark because he looks like he could beat a shark to death with his bare hands. Plus, he has a good sense of humor.
Boomerang likely just has tech in the boomerang to teleport to it.

I like how Shark talked at the end. He sounded kind of thespian like.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Interview about Gotham Knights.

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-gotham-knights-co-op-combat-biggest-questions-answered

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Soonmot posted:

That's a loving tragedy. No matter how much I disliked what they did to Cassandra, that was a fun movie and I need more Huntress.

It's kind of weird, the character herself was fine. She just was not Cassandra Cain at all.

Someone even posted this in the past.

quote:

She has nothing in common with her in terms of backstory, personality, ethnic background, appearance, abilities, narrative function, or even age.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 29, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He was still called Two-Face cause of the split personality and large amount of backstabbing he did.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I thought the implications were that we would be getting Kravenom.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

hiddenriverninja posted:

Am I the only one that really liked Arkham Origins asymmetrical MP?

I liked it too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JordanKai posted:

That last Lord of the Rings game was pretty rough, so before I start worrying about the Nemesis system I need to see if the foundation of the Wonder Woman game is any good at all.

Shadow of War was very good (Well plot was mediocre but everything else was pretty great honestly)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Didio is gone now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am interested in the game. It does not look terrible to me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, Gotham Knights where Batman is dead isn't actually taking place after the Arkham game where Batman seemingly died.

But Suicide Squad is somehow in that same universe.

Despite Deadshot being black now despite not being so in his other two appearances.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I am having fun with the game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It was fun to bash some gangers with Nightwings sticks.

Still pretty early in what Bat Rogues were confirmed for the game?

So I know Ra’s and the League of Assassins, Mr Freeze, Harley Quinn, Penguin, Clayface, and the Court of Owls. Any others from previews I might have missed?

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 22, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Good to hear we get a Joker break.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Levels scale but not unlocks. So you will need to make cool stuff for them separately. Though for the most part I am comfortable making this Nightwing the game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Red Hood uses Rubber Bullets.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chaosapiant posted:

I bought the deluxe edition. I hate knowing there’s content out there I don’t have no matter how trivial. So with most new game purchases, I just consider whatever the most inclusive version of the game as “the game.”

Edit: After trying and failing four times in a row to get one of the Batman Data Caches, I checked my control config and realized that YES there is indeed a sprint option. I was so used to it being to just hold "A" from Arkham that i'd been mindlessly still holding "A" and only doing the casual jog everywhere.

Edit Edit: Jesus Christ these Batman log/audio files get super loving depressing. :(

Wait what's the sprint button?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lobok posted:

I haven't played around with it too much but there's something I'm doing wrong or not quite getting as well. Like sometimes when I trigger something environmentally or on an enemy everyone will get alerted into combat mode. Should I not have done that? Are enemies more observant, like I can't just be above them I also have to be truly out of line-of-sight of everyone?

One thing is try not to stealth knock out people while they are talking to each other. They tend to notice when the person they were talking with suddenly stops for no reason and check it out.