Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

And then the little message at the top says [!] I am Groot

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It's only a matter of time. Harvey is gonna be Final Destination'd no matter what you do.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

That looks dumb.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hawkeye goes on a road trip with Luke Cage, Daredevil, and Iron Fist.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I would probably play Injustice 2 if the Animaniacs were playable.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

pubic works project posted:

I really wish it'd come out for the XBone as well.

Same. Oh well.

Roth posted:

I like the nightmare-scenario a friend of mine proposed where each of the Marvel games is exclusive to different consoles.

That is a nightmare scenario.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Each Arkham game is an Elseworlds game, very loosely connected together to the other ones.

There, I did it. I solved the continuity puzzle, in an extremely DC fashion.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TwoPair posted:

jesus christ can anything not be a shared universe these days?

Yeah! And I don't wanna see Supes put on the suit, and I wanna see him flight a giant spider!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
All Doom requires from that meddlesome Richards is an acknowledgement of Doom's greatness... saving his wife and child while Richards is unable merely proves an obvious point which even the youngest citizen of Latveria can see!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Sony and their fans love cops, what can I say?

Dan Didio posted:

Incredibly sad gimmick.

I know, they should knock it off.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 13, 2020

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

The Tomb Raider series had an Xbox exclusive deal that was a really terrible idea.

People don't buy Xbox games, they sign up for Game Pass and make bad posts.

I'm sure none of that is hyperbole.

Except for Game Pass. You're underselling it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

The best gameplay experience by releasing on the consoles people can't buy to play the game on

Endless Mike posted:

Series S is easy to get, Series X less so, but not too bad. It's only PS5s that no one can buy.

Some people are just cussed and ornery because of some FUD that happened like ten years ago, or maybe it's the small handful of exclusives. Gotta let it go. I did, and I'm way happier.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I'm discussing the realism of Jason Todd's iconic signature ability, the soul trampoline

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

My strategy of never owning a Sony product because they murdered digital game sharing in it's crib continues to pay off!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

They are blaming Sony for dunking on the X-Box One during its lovely debut. The popular fanvoy argument is that mean ol' Sony killed game sharing forever.

It made everyone gun-shy about it to this day, though, because of the continued memefication of discourse. Xbox teh hueg, and all that.

If they aren't, where is it? Why isn't it standard across all platforms? Nobody wants to tackle it.

Anyway, stoked about the Spider-Man game finally! 🙂

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

It is literally on PlayStation. You can do it now. Nobody cares because it turns out Gamepass in more what people want.

You can do it on PC and Playstation, X Box could if they want and if you're asking why Nintendo is bad at internet I've got two Pokemon games to sell you

Nothing was 'killed'. It just turns out people don't care that much.

Nah. I'm from Internet, we never update our facts.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Right. Everyone had convinced themselves somehow that Microsoft would just allow unlimited 10 way sharing.

Whaaat? If that what some of y'all actually thought... I can see where disagreements might occur. Weird, wild stuff. Anyhoo,

Aphrodite posted:

It's a fantasy world where people fly and can shoot goldballs, it's okay if the cops are mostly good so that every single comic doesn't have to be about dealing with cops.

Some people have better imaginations/less untreated trauma than other. It's why people are still fighting about "evil" races in D&D and are still mad that one guy from Vampire: The Masquerade nearly caused an international incident by saying that in his make-pretend game that the horrendous chit going down in Chechnya was all really caused by vampire masterminds as a cover.

I get them not being fans of cops.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No matter what I'm keeping Ghost Rider on the team.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

thebardyspoon posted:

British slang, in this context it means hit them but it's a pretty varied word in the UK contextually. Sorry, I forgot that means just one thing in the US.

And yet, we cannot get you to stop using it, while we had to rename the triceratops Autobot because you all think a byproduct of metal refinery is a bad word about women.

C'est la vie.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That trailer says four heroes, two worlds. Two different versions of both Cap and Panther, or...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vandar posted:

I started playing the Avengers game because lol it's free might as well give it a shot.

Honestly? I kind of like it. Would have never paid sixty bucks for it, but it's been fun in a brainless sort of way so far.

The single player story isn't bad at all! It's the grind fest postgame multiplayer that ruins it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, everyone in Gotham is living la Vida Loca. If they're not referencing it, I'm asking "why aren't they talking about their Vida Loca?"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

EA Motive made Star Wars Squadrons and that game's pretty good.

It's very much like a modern X-Wing/TIE Fighter, but part of that modernization means it's mostly multiplayer, the 10-mission campaign is basically a glorified tutorial.

And since a modern multiplayer game, especially by EA, lives and dies (and gets support and patched) based upon player count...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 3, 2022

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, IGN's article says you can unlock swimsuit options?

Sold. Gotta see what Ghost Rider wears to the beach.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

JordanKai posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1633897818061430785

Does this mean they're taking out the Batman-infused enemies? :(

Once something is Batman-infused, it's very hard to reverse the process. These people have families, you know.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's only Claremont if they verbalize dancing to the groovy beat and feeling the music.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

King of Solomon posted:

They could convert the GaaS stuff to a mediocre or ignorable loot system again.

This is extremely likely to be what they do.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
They're polishing it by bolting on whatever they bolted into Gotham Knights and removing the GaaS stuff.

They will never admit it unless the game gets a postmortem years from now.

There will be several week one patches anyway.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Samovar posted:

Uh...

What is GaaS?

Games as a Service.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Midnight Suns is right there

It's a card battler

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Nemesis System (or whatever it's rebranded as) would be rad for nu-Zelda games.

As the promoted monsters gain resistances to your limited palate of tricks (the ones that you feel comfortable using, like good ol' bomb arrows) you would be forced to think outside the box to put them down and keep them there.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lobok posted:

Orcs could rack up immunities but honestly the toughest part of fighting the strong ones was dealing with them in the middle of a dozen other orcs.

That was the fun part. That rear end in a top hat turning up AGAIN when it's not convenient for you at all!

And there were limits to their adaptability. No orc ever became completely immune to damage; there was always a way to defeat them, even if it wasn't your preferred way.

If nu-Zelda had a system like that maybe I would be forced to venture away from Muddlebud/Puffshroom/Bomb arrows.

HebrewMagic posted:

Genuinely blows my mind out my rear end we didn't get butcher

The average COD enjoyer thinks Homelander is the good guy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Pinball is just card battlers for olds.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Too many Batpersons dilutes the brand, similarly to having too many Spider-Persons.

A multiverse thing is different and rad, obviously.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm a big fraidy cat so haven't played it, but everything I've heard is that the Dead Space remake is really fantastic.

Can confirm, it improves upon the original game in a couple of ways.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MorningMoon posted:

Apparently the Blade game started development after the acquisition, so it's probably at least 3 years off. That's probably why they didn't announce platforms, but it'd be funny if Disney only gave them the license if they make it multiplat.

Oh NOW they care about parity, huh.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OnimaruXLR posted:

Having a gun in a video game makes you the exact opposite of interesting! There are games where you are a janitor that control like games with guns!

Ahti only says you're a janitor, he's just a sweet confused old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No, no, we need a Joker who is cool and rad and who kids can look up to, not a weirdo pervert who likes dressing up as a clown.

Well we don't need two.