Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Aphrodite posted:

There's no specific info on individual publishers. Evil was just a joke, WB is probably not any worse than most. It's just that conditions for voice actors kind of suck overall.

The main issues in the strike are residual pay, and safety. Voice actors don't currently get any kind of performance bonuses, and often don't even get told what the game they're working on is. And there are issues with vocal damage from some kinds of recording sessions, mostly the scream/grunt/etc. fill-in sounds.

Some games with strike targeted publishers are in the clear though. I guess maybe because the developers of these games give the actors better conditions? Like the Lego and Batman games are fine, but some other WB stuff isn't. EA's on the strike list, but Andromeda is okay.

But also like I mentioned this union only represents about 1/4 of the industry. Some games are just continuing with non-union actors.

I feel like this is more prominent in the anime dub and game industry than your average AAA title. There are some infamous stories coming out of DBZ where the voice actor for goku held one scream for so long he passed out. Even the newest game, Xenoverse 2, is a mess dialogue-wise because they were given almost no context or information about what they were recording so it's not uncommon to get lines read in the wrong tone, or ones that just flat out don't match the text on screen. It's good that this is finally happening though, there are a lot of really good voice actors out there and it's always disheartening to find out they get paid beans for a really good performance, or even went unaccredited for it without their say.

Gaz-L posted:

Telltale Batman finished this week, in a surprisingly punctual fashion for TTG. I think this might be the first of their games not to have a massive delay.
Telltale batman really makes me wish they'd made a Telltale: Batman The Animated Series game. It's still not too late to start over with one of the other DCAU properties, guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU