Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Scarecrow is almost enough tu get me to play, despite knowing I suck at fighters and we'll get bored within a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could give a poo poo about any of these capcom characters. Although it's good I don't, because while I can remember how terrible I am at fighters watching Injustice, a full Marvel fighter would see me preordering before I could stop myself.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

I got Marvel vs Capcom 3 recently and playing it is showing my how badlt this game pretty much needs a fight stick.

At least Injustice plays fine on a gamepad.

That's the other thing, the games move way too fast for my old man reflexes. With Injustice I can at least gently caress around and have fun, but when I played whatever the last MvC was it was a straight up stomping everytime and I couldn't really pull off any special moves.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me i bought injustice. Anyone want to beat up on a scrub tier player I'm soonmot on ps4

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
You know who I really want in Injustice?

King Shark.

Think about it. Think how awesome that would be. They really need to bring out more c and d listers

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I;m down with that too

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Changbot is the real MVP

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I finally unlocked the Taskmaster challenges and these are loving bullshit.

Literally the only thing about the game I dislike

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I actually really enjoyed both of those levels. For mj near the end of the game going through Norman's penthouse with the taser was great, and then the leap of faith off the balcony! . They did such a great job with this game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Finished Spider-Man today. Game of the loving year. Outside of the Challenge side quests, everything was enjoyable, I also never felt any pressure to complete all the sidequest/collectables but managed to get everything outside of some crimes done naturally just by playing.

Hidden sidequest spoilers: Are the hidden photos anything special? Some seem like real life NYC landmarks that didn't get into the landmark photos for some reason, but then there was some graffiti, an Osborn sign, and unlike the landmark photos, Peter only gives generic dialogue and there's no explanation of what you're taking a picture of. I also wish I had unlocked that suit upgrade sooner, because trying to find these things while Sable and poo poo are sniping you as you swing around was really annoying.

They're patching in a new game+ right?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It's cool that the PS4 finally has a good game.

Dad of War was good. Not on this level, but it was the first PS4 game I had bought in a long time.

I know they're patching in a new game+ but I couldn't wait and started a second run on the hard difficulty. This game is too good.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Horizon was great, and The Last of Us. Hey, that's the only 4 PS4 games I own!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ultimate difficulty is actually hard. I need to remember to use more gadgets than just my default webs. Rockets will basically kill me if I'm not at full health, and jumping into the middle of a group of badguys just isn't a survivable option anymore!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it does, but it takes an entire clip of normal webs, gravity bomb works too. New game+ keeps your gadgets/costumes

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

You guys are dangerously close to the monkey paw curling a finger and putting loot boxes into this game.

Monkey paw already curled when this became Nintendo exclusive

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
not really feeling this one

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

The Avengers disagrees.

I would rather have the america's rear end costume than whatever that plated monstrosity was.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
There better be minimal to no batmobile

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I take back my reservations. I don't care if the movie avengers are weird looking, I'm 100% on board now

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
No nipples

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
A buddy just linked me to an ign video on the avengers game. It looks like it's got the potential to be loaded with microtransactions. Gonna hold off on this until we find out.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ahhh that sucks. Is there a games thread on it? I couldn't find one.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I didn't care for the way they aped the movies aesthetic, but clearly wasn't the movie universe, but when the preview of Kamala's fighting style dropped, I was on board. Now I'm back off. gently caress "games as a service" Just sell me a complete loving game and maybe release an expansion pack somewhere down the line.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

You know the answer. It's going to be both. Every character is going to have a base costume and maybe an alternate included. Any good looking costumes are going to be DLC. And there will absolutely be paid add-ons that affect gameplay, but I'm envisioning things like XP boosters and other powerups.

And I'm loving done with "cosmetic only" microtransactions too. Cosmetics improve the gameplay experience, being able to modify and customize the way your character looks in a third person game is FUN and I enjoy playing dolly dress up

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol i deleted it before reading, but apparently the avengers game is going to have some sort of partnership with fortnight. Yeah, this is gonna be a money grab and I'm skipping it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

JT Smiley posted:

After a long day at work I just like to chill and take my time with games while listening to podcasts and surfing the web. Soo team based stuff doesn't really work for me.

this.

MP can occasionally be fun if it's coop with a bunch of people I already know, but even that is asking a lot of my energy and attention levels these days

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RevKrule posted:

Arkham Knight is the only Arkham game I didn't finish and it was 100% because of the batmobile combat sections.

loving SAME!

I even went through a second time to try it when all the '66 costumes were dropped and I still couldn't get past the batmobile parts because they were completely opposite of what I wanted to play.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah if I'm playing as a giant shark man, I wanna be biting dudes in half, not shooting them. They have captain boomerang a gun, but he already had boomerangs, which are cooler

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
is that fortnight stuff the reason why there's a marvel is over hashtag trending on twitter?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

sticksy posted:

Cool article, thanks for sharing.

Left 4 Dead but with the Avengers? Sign me the gently caress up - what a shame this was ultimately cancelled due to corporate politics and dysfunction, looked pretty good imo.

cool concept but i despise first person games because the overwhelming majority trigger my motion sickness, so I'm not as torn up as I could be.

Plus, I'm actually enjoying the cash grab game. Cap is really loving fun and now I'm wondering if I should main him or Nat.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
stupid game gave me a name plate for Widow with loving greg land art instead of awesome phil noto art

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's a fine, average game. It's not going to get people gushing about like GoT, but the campaign is fun, the characters all feel distinct from each other and if you like superheroes and action games, you'll probably enjoy it. I wish you felt a bit more powerful at the begining of the game, because once you start unlocking more skills and have higher level gear refreshing your abilities, things get A LOT more fun. Right now, my Black Widow is rapid firing gamma bullets that stun the poo poo out everything in range, allowing her to grapple in and do a takedown move for massive damage that also heals her.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

gently caress me. So wish I had a PS4 right now instead of XBone because these Spiderman games look bad rear end.

Settled on grabbing THPS1&2 remake (is Spidey still in it as an unlockable?) and busting out an old Batman game to gently caress up some goons and bust some heads in challenge mode.

Now someone please get busy on my Hulk: Ultimate Destruction sequel and the Daredevil game I want. TIA

with ps5 coming out, there'll be sales on 4s soon enouhg

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the problem is that I've already deleted the game because multiplayer in GoT was too fun and then Miles Morales came out. But it's got a solid enough single player for 30 bucks and even doing the multiplayer solo more often than not, it kept me playing until about three weeks ago.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Miles morales was still a better expenditure of funds than this game, even if I've already platinumed the game

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

It runs absolutely fine. Just about as good as SMPS4. It just is less shiny and has longer loading times (including a few areas where they are annoying because it clearly was designed with the insta-loading of the PS5 in mind.)

There were a couple times where I had to reload checkpoints because an interaction prompt wouldn't appear, but yeah it ran fine on my ps4. Ended up getting platinum on it the other day. What's really great is how different Miles palys compared to Peter. The basics are still there, but his venom abilities combined with being able to gently caress off and hide with camo meant there were bases where I stealth cleared the entire map they way I always wanted to instead of being auto spotted after one wave.

EDIT: Oh, i did have a couple crashes, but the auto save system is good enough that I didn't lose much, if any progress.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

catlord posted:

Oh, apparently Gotham Knights got delayed to 2022. At the moment I don't have a whole lot of hope for it, but I really do want it to be good. Hopefully this is a good thing.

it'll be DC's Avengers

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

Agree as long as they aren't just skins for Barbara

this

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Last thing I heard about BoP was that there aren't any plans for a sequel anyways

That's a loving tragedy. No matter how much I disliked what they did to Cassandra, that was a fun movie and I need more Huntress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Hydra agent is 2 feet from you. Hulk performs Thunder Clap!

Thunder Clap misses.

That's x-com marvel, baby!