Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Telltale Batman game is really good. I think it's probably the best series by them that I've played. It does some cool things with the lore, and the choices really do make a difference in how the games go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If they have Ryu and Ken they can have Spider-Man and Spider-Man with similar but different movesets.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The facial animations for Injustice 2 are so good. Probably the best I've ever seen in a video game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

They did facial capture with the voice actors for all the characters (yes, including for Deadshot, who wears his mask the whole time) and then the animators elaborated on it.

They did a really good job. I remember the first shots they released of the game and the faces were all really ugly. Glad to see that wasn't the case in the final product. More games need to do this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I don't know why people were confused with that. It probably does even partially explain the decision for the larger white spider on Peter's suit, so it contrasts more with what Miles' suit looks like.

Hyped for that game, even if it is borrowing a lot from the Arkham games. But I don't care what they rip things off from, so long as the game is good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Captain America game was good. Sure, it was an Arkham rip off, but it was one of the better ones.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like the Batman game. They're clearly just building their own mythos and it's fine with me. I'm also trying to make Bruce and John best friends.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

I thought that they released episodess 1 and 2 for their Guardians of the Galaxy game but no more. And that came out in April.

Episode 3 came out this week.

I got tired of their Walking Dead games, but I've enjoyed the Batman and Guardians ones.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Drogma's winning quotes are all Pawn Dialogue.

WolvesWolverines hunt in packs!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, in telltale batman, I like they reversed the Joker harley dynamic. (Look I am the only one playing it I guess so I need to babble about it)

I didn't really like Harley until you got to talk to her alone. That conversation really helped with her character.

Next episode looks like it'll be fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So at this point, Marvel characters will end up in Injustice 2.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How about for Superman you have to run through a timed obstacle course... maybe like flying through rings?

But also, it should be hard for you to see that way you're not too overpowered. Maybe a fog over the city?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Hopefully there's some good early reviews for Spider-Man. I'm on the fence, but if I hear good things, I'll pre order last minute to get those costumes.

The really early previews have said that it has some holdovers of open world stuff that people have soured on, like collectibles and having to climb towers to unlock the map. And that they understand why QTEs are there, but nobody really likes QTEs now. Other than that they've enjoyed the web-swinging and combat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No black suit? Maybe they're saving that for the sequel.

Miles must not be getting his powers this game either.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I just read that the collector edition statue is a spoiler for the game so they're not going to show it and don't want players to open that part until they finish the game.

So maybe Miles does get powers this game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

I'm just gonna play as Spider-Punk and spend all my time making sick guitar riffs and taking selfies with passers-by.

I think they said you can wear whatever suit you want and change the ability it has if you like one suit but another's powers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nope, Maximum Carnage was great.

I think there was a 32x game that was pretty bad, but I don't know if anyone actually played it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

poly and open-minded posted:

I heard someone in this thread was badmouthing Maximum Carnage and I came to put a stop to it. Also I never figured out what Morbius did in it

If you summon him and people are on the ground he'll damage them.

Cloak and Dagger were the best summon. Then Firestar against Carnage, and then either Spidey or Venom.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 25, 2018

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

So do we know yet if they’re MGS2’ing this thing? It would make sense in a learning the ropes/mechanics stylee.

It doesn't seem like it. They've said that there are sections you play as Peter out of costume too, and the white spider logo costume is one he designs.

But there seems like a good chance that we might play as Miles too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

OptimusShr posted:

I unironically would buy a PS4 and this game if this was true.

Press X to say "Pizza Time!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bessantj posted:

Black Cat coming at you in the first DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4MTPRu9Pr0

I am so excited for this game

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you get it through the PSN store you can play it early?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aww. Well guess I'll just wait for it to be delivered on Friday.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That new suit has grown on me.

Still won't stop me from switching to Spider-Punk ASAP.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can't remember if 2099 is confirmed, since that would be a good one too. As would the black suit.

Of course the best would be if we could become Spider-Ham.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Web bombs and impact webs rule, too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ZDar Fan posted:

I really like the attention to detail with the costumes. When you're wearing the Big Time suit at night, you cast a green glow on nearby surfaces. I didn't expect that.

That's why I really like the Iron Spider at night. All shiny and glowy and the lights reflect off of surfaces.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Marvel can put anyone in games, but they buried the FF because they didn't have the movie rights and banned mutants from games. Only recently have the X-Men been showing back up, so the FF will be back soon.

I expect since the game was made during that period, they were told that the Baxter Building was off limits but the Marvel heroes were fine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What does games as a service mean?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh, so games as a service is the new microtransaction hotness. Never heard the phrase before. So it's gonna be like when Dragon Age had someone tell you about a quest and then you find out it's paid DLC.

Looks like Rocksteady is gonna be the next studio to go from totally loved to universally hated. They were already on their way with Arkham Knight. This will just complete the journey.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah the graphics look kind of bad. But so long as they have a bunch of characters and alternate costumes and it's fun, I can get past that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

Finally. I’ve been wanting to quit Academy for a while but had too much sunk cost to just quit. I doubt there’s much of a purge there, tinyco hasn’t really supported that game in months. They haven’t advanced the main story missions in about a year, and they functionally broke it in their big redesign. The characters straight up use “the way things are here is unsustainable” as a plot point for the final missions.

That game sucked so much after the redesign. And it was impossible to get new characters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The characters look weird but I thought the Spider-Man ones looked pretty strange too. Cap's costume sucks horribly though. He looks like some pudgy cosplayer.

Probably wanna see more info on this, but it's hilarious that the makers of Tomb Raider which is all about someone using a bow and arrow didn't have loving Hawkeye in the game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

sam16 posted:

What I'm most excited about is that the rumours about which character you start the story with are looking like they're true.

For the people who don't follow video game rumours, the cutscene where Tony and Bruce argue mentions a terrigen reactor and the voiceover at the start of the trailer is pretty fannish. What's the first character that comes to mind when you say inhuman and fan(girl)?

Edit: Just remembered that the extended Bruce and Tony cutscene was a part of Squenix's conference and not the trailer.

Yeah, I figured that the voiceover was from Kamala. Would have been nice to see her though instead of the cosplay Avengers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

Some gameplay footage of the Square Enix Avengers game has leaked from SDCC, it doesn't look great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6b_uE9CDG4

I dunno, picking up someone and then bashing other people with them as Hulk looked fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really don't like characters not leveling, because I like to choose characters based upon the setting. So near the end of the game, it seemed a good place to use some of the Guardians again, but I hadn't played them at all since the first level so they were all like level 7 for level 35 or something content. Not enough orbs to raise them, so blah.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, they need to give out more XP Cubes if they want to keep it like this, they also are generous with the levels of the characters as you get them, so you’re almost at a disadvantage not just using who they hand you.

That's pretty much what I had to do. Though I brought along Thor because his staggering is insane and Deadpool because regeneration and teleportation is almost necessary for some of the boss fights.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A tank sneaking mission

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They should have led off with Kamala, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I just wanted to play as Bane in the challenge rooms.

So if someone took the mask off Bane, he dies?