Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
imo i think you should get it driving and get out and drive this summer before diving too hard into the aero stuff

seat time best time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

BraveUlysses posted:

imo i think you should get it driving and get out and drive this summer before diving too hard into the aero stuff

seat time best time

Agreed but I’m basically twiddling my thumbs until it gets on the dyno for base tune. That thumb-twiddling is taking the form of loving around with bolting stuff into the car, which right now is aero :D

I do need to build the new fuel system but I don’t want to drop the rear subframe until I know when my dyno slot is going to be. I also have no restraints in the car at the moment because I don’t have a harness bar / cage sorted.

Given the international move in three weeks, it’s pretty unlikely that the car is going to be on the track before the fall. We’ll see though!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

ought ten posted:

Are you going to do two or four on the hood?

Three, I think. The two narrow side louvres and the wide middle one. Plus the two extractors for the fenders.

So, uh. Five, I think. :lol:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

meatpimp posted:

I love this thread so much.

All I see is the bent grille slat :sigh:

:glomp:

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HandlingByJebus posted:

Three, I think. The two narrow side louvres and the wide middle one. Plus the two extractors for the fenders.

Oh I see. I was seeing the wide middle one as two pieces. Sounds kickass. Can’t have two many louvers

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

HandlingByJebus posted:

All I see is the bent grille slat :sigh:

:glomp:

:laugh: There's gotta be a little ball busting in any quality thread.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

HandlingByJebus posted:

Watch me ruin a Z4M Coupe: I have 5 louvers

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

honda whisperer posted:

Watch me ruin a Z4M Coupe: I have 5 louvers

...and my wife doesn’t care. :D

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

HandlingByJebus posted:

Yeah, it would be easier to start cutting the poo poo out of the car if it hadn't been nearly perfect when I started.

Isn't it brown?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

BloodBag posted:

Isn't it brown?

:eng101: Sepang Bronze

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

:eng101: Sepang Bronze Metallic :colbert:

Yeah, it’s gonna be a very quick turd.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

HandlingByJebus posted:

:eng101: Sepang Bronze Metallic :colbert:

Yeah, it’s gonna be a very quick turd.

Should look the part with some lumps and bumps

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBn2JCLYlN8

Review: it's going to be really goddamn quick :stonklol:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That's cool and all but how come you can't get it thru your thick skull that WE DEMAND AN OUT BE BURNED

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Popete posted:

That's cool and all but how come you can't get it thru your thick skull that WE DEMAND AN OUT BE BURNED

I already thought I’d blown this engine up once. NO loving BURNOUTS UNTIL BASE TUNE PLZKTHX

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I did the PDC beepers in my head for you while watching this.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

HandlingByJebus posted:

I already thought I’d blown this engine up once. NO loving BURNOUTS UNTIL BASE TUNE PLZKTHX

You think you're the only one who was effected by the almost blown engine? All of us gawkers have been on a real roller coaster here and I feel like we are owed a REAL THROWN BEARING

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Jebus, you had to know that with that camera angle, we were going to be looking for blood. Now the blood god has no blood. That makes the blood god unhappy.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Sounds awesome, but I do hear a secondary sound that sounds like an exhaust leak still...

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

Sounds awesome, but I do hear a secondary sound that sounds like an exhaust leak still...

Yup. I am choosing to ignore the living gently caress out of that for the moment.

meatpimp posted:

Jebus, you had to know that with that camera angle, we were going to be looking for blood. Now the blood god has no blood. That makes the blood god unhappy.

I did. It was carefully selected for maximum tease.

Popete posted:

You think you're the only one who was effected by the almost blown engine? All of us gawkers have been on a real roller coaster here and I feel like we are owed a REAL THROWN BEARING

Fair, fair.

Ultimate Mango posted:

I did the PDC beepers in my head for you while watching this.

Oh, it has one, you just can't hear it over all the awesome. :canada:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Welp.

We're moving on the 15th, and that has finally become real for me. The car isn't going back on the lift. It needs a lot of off-the-ground work still. Oh well.

I'm still pretty happy with how it looks right now:

And I got myself a new airtool as a consolation prize:

:woop:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Good luck with the move. We all understand car updates will be stalled for a while.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

HandlingByJebus posted:

I'm still pretty happy with how it looks right now:

:woop:
God.

loving.

drat.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
With the trunk open it looks like you have the worlds biggest Fast & Furious spoiler.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

HandlingByJebus posted:

I did. It was carefully selected for maximum tease.

(but also I understand)

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I just read 27 pages of this nuts build and there's no rubber burned. :(

My god the sound though.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Becoming a hamster?

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
True to form it seems that fast cars are always a bit of a b to park/drive slow into tight spaces.
Hope the move and all is going well!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Move went well, thanks.

New digs are a big tighter.

Haven't done anything on the car in awhile, but will be picking tools back up in September. Need to find a local place for dyno work. Seems like I might be able to plate the car here, oddly enough. That could be fun.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Plated race car best car

That is the first time I've seen a wood garage flood, kinda interesting

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That is interesting. I know I'd throw linoleum or something down on it before it was all oil stains if it were me. :v:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Suburban Dad posted:

That is interesting. I know I'd throw linoleum or something down on it before it was all oil stains if it were me. :v:

Wonder if you could bedliner the whole thing, might actually stick worth a drat to the wood 🤔

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

I’ll be ripping all that poo poo out like I told the loving PO to in the offer and they agreed to 🤬

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

HandlingByJebus posted:

I’ll be ripping all that poo poo out like I told the loving PO to in the offer and they agreed to 🤬

What's under it?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Mr-Spain posted:

What's under it?

If the rest of the place is any indication, lies and money pits.

(It’s concrete underneath)

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

HandlingByJebus posted:

If the rest of the place is any indication, lies and money pits.

(It’s concrete underneath)

Nono, the money pit is on top of the wood.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The burnout is a lie

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Resting Lich Face posted:

Nono, the money pit is on top of the wood.

:hmmyes:
:homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Popete posted:

The burnout is a lie

I tried super hard to get the tune done before we moved. I want that burnout as bad as you do, I swear :smithcloud: