Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

What happens when you put a money pit inside a money pit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Piss?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

IOwnCalculus posted:

i believe physicists refer to that as a black hole :hmmyes:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

In ground Dyno in your shop.

Or a slammed bathtub.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

IOwnCalculus posted:

Wallet Singularity where the money quantum zone exists, devouring any denomination that gets within it's influence.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
I got excited when I saw so many posts inside this thread so I waited till I got home to open it up because...4k burnout in the theatre. Very disappointed.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

He bought a boat upon which to park the Z4M?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Ultimate Mango posted:

He bought a boat upon which to park the Z4M?

On a plot of land in Vancouver. Yeah, sounds about right. :D

No boat. Too many expensive hobbies already.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

HandlingByJebus posted:

On a plot of land in Vancouver. Yeah, sounds about right. :D

No boat. Too many expensive hobbies already.

Why didn’t you cash in your voucher for your “one free boat with purchase” of land in Vancouver?

Unless your agent didn’t tell you about the program and kept it for himself (ask my brother how he affords fancy AMG cars with the real estate/boat side hustle up there).

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

Ultimate Mango posted:

Why didn’t you cash in your voucher for your “one free boat with purchase” of land in Vancouver?

Unless your agent didn’t tell you about the program and kept it for himself (ask my brother how he affords fancy AMG cars with the real estate/boat side hustle up there).

Because that program is a trap. I already have a hole in the ground into which I pour money and a hole in the road (track?) into which I pour money. I do not also need a hole in the water into which to pour water. :lol:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

"Don't archive me, bro" emptypost. No progress on the car since the move. I've booked a bunch of time out soon though and may not have a choice but to plate it, so stay tuned for boring poo poo like brake / head lights, signals, etc etc etc

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

HandlingByJebus posted:

"Don't archive me, bro" emptypost. No progress on the car since the move. I've booked a bunch of time out soon though and may not have a choice but to plate it, so stay tuned for boring poo poo like brake / head lights, signals, etc etc etc

If it becomes too much of a burden, I'll give you FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS CASH for it.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

meatpimp posted:

If it becomes too much of a burden, I'll give you FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS CASH for it.

I'll trade you a 55 gallon aquarium, a Playstation 2 (with games), and an MTD Yard Machines lawn tractor (needs starter & battery).

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Serious generosity ITT. :respek:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I've got a box full of 360 games and 2 360s, some former NAS drives, and a framed macro shot of a circuit board.

Hell, I'll even throw in a few books and a Popeye's Chicken Sandwich.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I'll give you uhhh, half a box of ramen, a few cans of green beans, uh, a controller that doesn't work anymore and about half a bottle of chewable vitamins.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I’ll up the offer to a mostly functional e36 and a pallet of Xenon vodka.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
How about a basket case Integra, a versa that's got slippy cvt belts and a tc light that won't go off, three dogs that love pine sap and trash cans more than life, two cats that hate each other right now, two ball pythons that won't eat, a corn snake that likes fingers, and a girlfriend that's exceedingly grumpy any time she has to go to work?

I'll even toss in a bottle of Virginia highland whisky, it's finished in Port casks and is utterly fantastic. It's unopened, I've been saving it for the right occasion but gently caress am I tired I don't see it happening any time soon.

I'm just gonna put the lot of em up for adoption, including the girlfriend. Bill it as a complete home furnishing kit. Then I'll get a fish or something. Fish are quiet. I miss quiet.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
If you need some dick pills I got u

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Astonishing Wang posted:

If you need some dick pills I got u

Username checks out.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
87 superETA stroker with a broken odo, a dented fender, but one ready for paint, -is valences front and rear and a mostly complete interior. Shifter is vague but works on the getrag320. Tachometer....well, it's the OG from the 2.7 so it's probably been above 7k RPM most of its life I've owned it
+
98% of a bottle of Old Fourth Ward Distilling bourbon

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I'll give you a full SBC and TH-350 combo. And it even runs! Without any computers! You can tune it with hand tools, it's like magic.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I'll give you a full SBC and TH-350 combo. And it even runs! Without any computers! You can tune it with hand tools, it's like magic.

Ok now I'm imagining your Nova with an S54 :getin:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I've got a civic and a b16 with everything you need to get it running again. Engine was solid when pulled. Genuine rotas. I'd need some cash back though, no lowballers, I know what I've got. RUST FREE LOTS OF JDM PARTS

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I know you are kidding

But I'm still mad at you

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Time off ended up being consumed by house bullshit. Appreciate all of the trade offers, goonfolk, but I'm gonna finish this build. Eventually. Sigh.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
I just went and looked at my 'blog' about my 260z that I purchased in 2012. I still own it. It's back in my garage now.
I had hoped all of the mobility that was supposed to happen in the past 7.5 years would have pushed this along further. That being said...
If you'd like to trade your coupe for my coupe I'd certainly entertain your offer plus cash (from your end) - LOL.

I had to give you the Craiglist experience to keep you motivated.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

extreme_accordion posted:

I just went and looked at my 'blog' about my 260z that I purchased in 2012. I still own it. It's back in my garage now.
I had hoped all of the mobility that was supposed to happen in the past 7.5 years would have pushed this along further. That being said...
If you'd like to trade your coupe for my coupe I'd certainly entertain your offer plus cash (from your end) - LOL.

I had to give you the Craiglist experience to keep you motivated.

Lol. Thanks :allears:

I thought I found a weld-in cage kit for the car (it was for E85 though, sigh), which got me really excited about the car again. I want to get some non-sanctioned track time in sometime in 2020. I’m not actually that far off if I can get some loving dyno time and a harness bar in.

I need to do some burnouts to get re-motivates but that’s a bad idea before tuning. What’s a person to do? :newlol:

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Uh, burnouts.

Duh.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
If you don't even do a burnout before tuning it how the gently caress are you supposed to know it's better at burnouts?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Astonishing Wang posted:

If you don't even do a burnout before tuning it how the gently caress are you supposed to know it's better at burnouts?

:hmmyes:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Astonishing Wang posted:

:aaaaa:

:hmmyes:

My dudes. I like how your minds work.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Ugh.

800 SuperSport update: I have it ready for Canadian federal inspection. Found a set of stock cans (which are made by Remus and actually sound amazing), verified that the headlight and taillight both have DOT stamps on them (they do!), hotwired daytime running lights, installed an hilariously temporary license plate light, and... got a sick custom gauge face to satisfy the "km/h or km/h and MPH" requirement:

As a little reward to myself, I decided to start the Z4M and warm it up just to remind myself of what I'm missing by not working on it. loving battery tender that was on it died and took the little lightweight Odyssey battery with it. :sigh:

Oh well, it's an easy fix, will pick up something temporary today and order a new Odyssey in the new year.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I love the hand written numbering on a Duc :lol:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
"Plaid" is a nice touch.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

:lol: that's amazing and I wish I could see the inspector's face when he sees it.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

:lol: that's amazing and I wish I could see the inspector's face when he sees it.

He laughed pretty hard. It was worth it.

loving thing failed the inspection because it’s missing the compliance / GVWR sticker though. Fortunately I have a statement of compliance letter from Ducati and the 800SS produced 39 units after mine was wrecked and its frame is currently on eBay with a good picture of that sticker, so I have the numbers. Will be interesting to see if they accept the combination of those two things.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

HandlingByJebus posted:

loving thing failed the inspection because it’s missing the compliance / GVWR sticker though. Fortunately I have a statement of compliance letter from Ducati and the 800SS produced 39 units after mine was wrecked and its frame is currently on eBay with a good picture of that sticker, so I have the numbers. Will be interesting to see if they accept the combination of those two things.

The Narrator posted:

They did.

:woop:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nice. That was a whole lot of nonsense hoops they made you jump through for one silly biek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

HandlingByJebus posted:

The difference in Canadian and US bureaucracy will never cease to amaze me