Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
we dont know and because we know basically nothing about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Philosopher King posted:

So when is that new code geass coming out and why hasn't anyone been saying anything about it?

people said a ton of things about it when it was announced, and people have stopped saying things about it cause there's basically nothing to say until it airs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
people said plenty, in the dedicated code geass thread. perhaps nobody is saying much in other threads because we have a dedicated thread for code geass discussion?

and also yeah, there's no air date confirmed. for all we know it could be 2018 like the new season of cardcaptor sakura.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Definitely checking out LWA, Konosuba s2, Maidragon, Chaos;Child, and maybe will finally start on s1 of Rakugo. Also suffering through Tensho Ruins Rewrite: Part 2. Will probably end up trying some other shows too.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-cdrHiGd0

50 seconds of MaiDragon anime. Not a ton to go on, but I like how it looks in color/motion.

New PV for maidragon. I might end up giving this show a shot, based on the PV alone.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Hm, this season has a lot of safe picks, but I usually end up watching at least one show that's off the radar, wonder what it'll be this season.

As a granblue player I'm basically locked into at least catching a couple episodes of the anime, but for now I'm also planning on checking out:

LWA
konosuba s2
Demi-chan
maid dragon

e: also the yuyushiki ova will be good

Argona fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 7, 2016

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

My take from the MaidDragon PV is that it's a wish fulfillment show where you reduce your daily commute time by 95% via riding a flying dragon to work.

Sure, I'm on board.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/eigacom/status/806589217379794945
https://twitter.com/Ikari_Gendo/status/806600571268501508

weird, I don't know any other anime that's just based off an original movie

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Jackard posted:

Wondering just how terrible Youjo Senki will be

It sounds like Black Lagoon x Overlord. Those were both fun. Why do I not think this will be fun?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Test Pattern posted:

It sounds like Black Lagoon x Overlord. Those were both fun. Why do I not think this will be fun?

It is neither of those things and you can just read it right now if you want.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hana & alice

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

speaking off live action, mobage k-on has a trailer out and theyre doing a live action crossover thing? been a while since ive seen live action elements in anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNMj1ZwB9QY

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
In the same vein, that Saki live-action thing seems to have started, and there's this fancy music video whatever to go with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI7a6s67jkg

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Konosuba, of course. I guess Demi-chan and LWA too.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Julias posted:

New PV for maidragon. I might end up giving this show a shot, based on the PV alone.

I'm still a little surprised by the fact that they gave Kobayashi pink hair. She just doesn't seem like a pink hair character.

Still, I like what I'm seeing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Command Ant posted:

I'm still a little surprised by the fact that they gave Kobayashi pink hair. She just doesn't seem like a pink hair character.

Still, I like what I'm seeing.

She's always been pink-haired on the covers of the manga, I think. I can see it, she seems like the type who might dye their hair a weird color.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

The only live action anime thing I've ever cared about is Speed Racer.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I'm slowly making my way through the list in the OP.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen
A-1 Pictures | Hatsumi, Kouichi | ... | Action, Demons, Supernatural, Fantasy, Shounen | Manga | Jan 7, 2017
Second season of the Ao no Exorcist series.

Is the first season of this any good? It looks like it might be a fun brainless shonen romp, I'm just wondering if there's anything offensively terrible about it.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

BanG Dream!
Xebec | Ootsuki, Atsushi | ... | Music | Manga | ...
Since she was very young, Kasumi Toyama has always been searching for the "Star Beat", a sparkling and exciting sound she heard while looking up at the night sky. Just after getting into high school, Kasumi comes across a "star-shaped guitar" in the storage area of an old pawn shop. Feeling a rush and excitement she has never felt before, Kasumi teams up with four other girls and embarks on a journey to seek out the shiny place. We promise to perform a live here!

I watched the PV that introduces the keyboard girl, and the first thing that went through my head was, "Oh hey, that's the K-On keyboard sound".

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Chiruran: Nibun no Ichi
LandQ studios | Muroi, Fumie | ... | Action, Historical | Manga | Jan 10, 2017
In 1912, a young woman tracks down the elderly Nagakura Shinpachi, determined to hear the true story of the Demon of the Shinsengumi, the Vice Commander Hijikata Toshizou. Hijikata's story begins in 1859, when he is a violent young man that is honing his sword skills while peddling his family's medicine. Soon, in his quest to find stronger people to fight, Hijikata starts to come into contact with others who will eventually be his comrades in the Shinsengumi. The first one to make an impression on the brash young man is Kondo Isami, who proves to be a better fighter than Hijikata.

After reading the synopsis I was not expecting that art style.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Araki posted:

I'm slowly making my way through the list in the OP.

Is the first season of this any good? It looks like it might be a fun brainless shonen romp, I'm just wondering if there's anything offensively terrible about it.

I watched the PV that introduces the keyboard girl, and the first thing that went through my head was, "Oh hey, that's the K-On keyboard sound".

After reading the synopsis I was not expecting that art style.

Blue Exorcist was OK, but I heard it did that BONES thing of derailing into a not-very-good anime-only arc at the end.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
blue exorcist is merely okay, but the first anime ended just before a couple of big flashy arcs.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

darkgray posted:

In the same vein, that Saki live-action thing seems to have started, and there's this fancy music video whatever to go with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI7a6s67jkg

Moe Anime characters do NOT translate well into live action

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Ao no Exorcist is pretty much standard shonen - it's got some decent fights, some great side characters, and a kind of meh protagonist. The female characters get a bit more screentime than in most shonen (probably because it's written by a woman,) but that's really the only big thing it has over any other b-level shonen.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Ao no Exorcist is pretty much standard shonen - it's got some decent fights, some great side characters, and a kind of meh protagonist. The female characters get a bit more screentime than in most shonen (probably because it's written by a woman,) but that's really the only big thing it has over any other b-level shonen.

The bits I saw of it also included a little more teamwork than the shonen standard, which was a refreshing change. It looked as good as BONES's shonen adaptations usually do, too, which was nice.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's average!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Endorph posted:

Hey, "totally generic shonen anime but written by a woman" gave us Kekkaishi and D. Gray Man. It's a very tenuous connection to quality but this is still the first thing that's given me a glimmer of interest on Ao no Exorcist. :v:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Hey, "totally generic shonen anime but written by a woman" gave us Kekkaishi and D. Gray Man. It's a very tenuous connection to quality but this is still the first thing that's given me a glimmer of interest on Ao no Exorcist. :v:

It's decent, feel free to watch it and you probably won't regret it or anything. I remember liking it a good amount when it aired.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
aoveragexorcist

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i had no idea yellow tanabe was a woman

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
winter 2017 is the year of gintama

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The first episode of Blue Exorcist exposed me to the sound of Bryce Papenbrook yelling "I'M GONNA BEAT THE poo poo OUT OF SATAN" and I kinda fell in love instantly.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

eonwe posted:

winter 2017 is the year of gintama

The final final final chapter

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/807012214716694528

Not really a fan of AoT, but thought I'd leave this here. We knew there was going to be another season at some point, but did we know it was going to be this Spring?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also worth noting is that April is about the time Jojo season 1's Toonami broadcast ends and a slot opens up, so a simuldub broadcast looks likely, especially with the rights being secured and announced this early.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I will probably start the dragon thing and the witch thing and then forget halfway through, end up with a backlog and despair. Speaking of which, I need to catch up on Flip Flappers.

And wait until more things are aired and somebody recommends something that turned out to be good. So I can forget about those too. Seriously, I am terrible with keeping up with things.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am hopeful that the Demi-chan adaptation will be good, Maid Dragon should be good, and Nyanko Days makes me think of Nukoduke and Puchimas so unless it has some dark and terrible secret, it's got that going for it.

And that's the shows that I am somewhat interested in and will watch an episode or two of before falling behind and they get added the my massive backlog.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Here's hoping you forgot to put in Jojo and it's running forever :downs:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally! a season I don't want to watch a dozen shows, maybe I can get caught up on everything I haven't watched in the last two.

Probably just going to do second seasons -- Rakugo, Ao no Exorcist, Super Lovers. I'll eventually get around to LWA but will probably wait til after the season considering how behind I am on everything I wanted to watch in Fall.

Super-late edit: skipped over ACCA in the list of shows and forgot it was this season, that's a definite watch for me

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 16, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anytime anyone mentions Super Lovers I get this stuck in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHi5jDEqPB0

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Anytime anyone mentions Super Lovers I get this stuck in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHi5jDEqPB0