Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

This past season was the first time I haven't watched an anime in two years.
you should watch eupho season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also dragon maid and zesty season 2 for me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and double post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Konosuba2, Granblue Fantasy, Rakugo, LWA, Gabriel Dropout, NANBAKA, Chain Chronicle. A hype season.

Also isn't My Hero Academia supposed to be this season too?
they haven't mentioned it yet, just that it's confirmed. we're getting a jump festa special this season tho. (just 30 minutes of the class beating up on an original villain)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best anime ever made, cinderella girls, is a mobage crashgrab anime.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kuvo posted:

wheres tonkatsu dj agetarou season 2

in our hearts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

the japanese guy/girl finally gets to be the aryan supermodel they've always wanted to be.
what the gently caress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh also the chaos; games aren't related to the steins; games in any way, they don't take place in the same world.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people said plenty, in the dedicated code geass thread. perhaps nobody is saying much in other threads because we have a dedicated thread for code geass discussion?

and also yeah, there's no air date confirmed. for all we know it could be 2018 like the new season of cardcaptor sakura.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ao no Exorcist is pretty much standard shonen - it's got some decent fights, some great side characters, and a kind of meh protagonist. The female characters get a bit more screentime than in most shonen (probably because it's written by a woman,) but that's really the only big thing it has over any other b-level shonen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aoveragexorcist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trigger did a bad once, so they're always bad. the staff on every show from a studio is the same as every other show from that studio.

just like pa works did a good once, and is always good. now if you'll excuse me, im off to watch charlotte, which will surely be just as good as shirobako. and then after that, i think ill watch medaka box, which will be just as good as gurren lagann.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the way the gay girl in kiznaiver was handled was a Bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

good shot, imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah, but the source material is pretty good and cheap, low-rent kyoani is still kyoani. there's no real reason to worry about it being bad. it'll be a decent comedy that people will forget about by the end of the year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im looking forward to people saying a dumb fanservice thing about lesbians is killing anime, while last year's dumb fanservice thing about gay dudes saved lgbt culture in japan and brought about a new hope for the future

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

The opposite.

the opposite of which part of that, because there's like three separate thoughts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Parallax posted:

disc sales aren't everything
^^^

especially in an age where the original producers make money off of crunchyroll clicks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I haven't watched any anime in at least a year before this season, what are these yuri overtones shows that are good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

My face when RWBY's animation quality beats an actual Japanese show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh yeah this has been public knowledge in the mmd scene forever, but montecore is like two japanese dudes in a basement and they make models of characters that aren't theirs, so they can't do anything about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

FLIP FLAPPERS- Finally, a modern magical girl series that steps out of Madoka's shadow and delivers something that's unique, energetic, and positive as hell.

pr... precure?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

Finally, an anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New VOTOMS TV series announced for sometime in 2017.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Basic bits I could grab from the article:

Takahashi is still on board as Director.
Chirico will be present, but no mention if he's the protagonist or just a character in it.
They spent like ten minutes talking about the Blood Sucker for some reason.
The staff they've brought on board are big fans of the original series, and they brought back people who worked on the original TV show where they could find people who were still working. No mention on if it'll be 2d or 3d, though.
Name is 'Battlefield Philosopher'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I guess you don't really need to care about how badly a series fucks up its plot when you also write in a cannon that literally destroys it

E: A Canon Cannon

you can just ignore ao. like, it doesnt have to affect og eureka seven if you don't want it to.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the movie had the weird wizard nirvash that only had two attacks in srwz2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ENOUGH!

Eureka Seven AO

is mediocre

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tekkaman crowds please, tatsunoko

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Natsume is in a monthly magazine, so we're probably catching up to it pretty quickly with this recent spurt. That said, the manga's still not over. so there'll probably be at least one more season after this even if it goes into the ending arc right after I make this post.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

I mean, they waited four years between seasons 4 and 5.
in those 4 years there were 6 volumes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRtAGq5bT54&t=6s

is it just me or does it actually look like 2d animation?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

steins;gate zero is nearly as good as steins;gate

but yeah the secret to the ; series is that the writers aren't really that similar across the series. there's one guy that's in all of them but he doesn't seem to be the lead guy in any of them, and the other writers are a revolving door.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

Agreed but the way they phrased it made me think they were referring to the non stein games
i just wanted to make that joke honestly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delta had a lot of problems, but being about idols was the one good part of it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Nowhere to go but up after Delta.
delta was still better than 7

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ill pledge to the patreon if i can fire whoever thought the ragyo scenes in kill la kill were a good idea

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the first ep is kinda weak and has some dumb boob gags but once they introduce the kid and it just becomes a family comedy it's really soothing and sweet, and there's an episode where the main character gets a five minute speech about how xenophobia and sexism are stupid. not even coaxed in the dragon stuff. she just says 'men, women, japanese, and foreigners are all the same.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Homura and Sickle posted:

Yeah I was kind of curious if that show would turn out good, or if it was too nazi

it's not really nazi at all. the uniforms don't even match. i mean it's still european war fetishization which i can understand not digging, but people who have been calling it nazi glorification on twitter are weirdos.

• Locked thread