Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Akiba strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bring me nobunagun season 2

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

what the gently caress

The inscrutable Japan ese

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Big props to anyone who uses the descriptor Aryan in 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's average!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I boycott garbage that way all the time.

I don't care if it makes me a sperg, there are certain things I want and when creators taunt me it does not want to make me give them money :colbert:

hosed up that you aren't going to go to a cafe in another country

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

gently caress I got beat

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

he said it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ah, the tiger and bunny cafe

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think dogsicles doing best anime thread on boxing day US time but here's the thread for the opposite of that

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yo Lucy, ninja girl and samurai master is carrying on this season. Are you hype, are you happy, it owns.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

She wouldn't be called tanya the evil if she fought for eth allies

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I was hoping youjo senki would get me at least a sixer, but other than the dank faces there's nothing wrong with it.

Ofc I bet episode 2 is the big flashback episode.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

oh wow the lovely face animation made that last scene hilarious

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Command Ant posted:

I don't know what version of Youjo Senki some of you must have watched, because the version I saw had some of the greatest faces I've ever seen.

Aoi Yuuki is doing a good job with Tanya's voice, too. She sounds like a cruel toddler, which is perfect for the character.

It looks good when the characters are doing something extreme like that, but kinda looks real janky when they're just talking.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Tanya the Evil seems pretty rad and like, combines so many things I like. It has the military nerd factor without it being some kind of fetishistic apologia for either Nazism or the Imperial Japanese Army. It's WWI, a WWI that went just as wrong for the Germans for the 'Empire' too*.

It's like a Harry Turtledove novel in Anime form, it's great in all the right ways.

I think I might break my thread cherry by episode three, so far it seems fairly accurate as a WWI story and as a resident of the ASK/TELL Military History thread I love that there's a lot of actual military history stuff to potentially nerd out on without the negative connotations.

historical inaccuracy #1: world war 1 ended in 1918

historical inaccuracy #2: there were NOT any mages, there have NEVER been mages, magic is not real

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Did saber work for the allies?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

its probably not even world war I but a war inbetween I and II....

ascended world war

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

one person make the demi chan thread, and another make the monster girl fanservice thread for boom to live in

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

wow, it's official guys, namtab is giga old and behind the times *puts on led sunglasses and skates away on flying surf board*

We've established that I'm one of the older people on this subgroup, and should really know better.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's hard when you remember all the ones we've lost over the years, and yet you're still posting

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Lttielorv is good i support him

Yeah lttielorv is good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

To be fair didn't Harry Potter have something similar happen prior to the Goblet of Fire?

Not really, although puberty hits him like a ton of bricks in book 5

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

monmusu owns

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Ugh, why'd they have to try to ride that cash cow...
(E: see the zoglin quote)

I cant think why they'd want to extend a successful franchise :iiam:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

It could involve boys for one

monster musume has a guy

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Its possible for two things to be good.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

im looking forward to people saying a dumb fanservice thing about lesbians is killing anime, while last year's dumb fanservice thing about gay dudes saved lgbt culture in japan and brought about a new hope for the future

The opposite.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

the opposite of which part of that, because there's like three separate thoughts

Let the girls kiss!!!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The revenge show is good and funny.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If they're going to offer the content t I want without prime, why would I need prime

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The unheard of genre of guy interacting with monster girls who fancy him

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Just say "child", dude

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'll boot up sai and edit it as soon as you fix your lack of punctuation. :mad:

What are you on about my post was groaning with punctuation!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Do one where the picture is still and the face moves

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's a good romcom

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Ah I see, well for me I make the joke because the way Masamune "strategizes" about getting Aki to fall for him in his inner narration essentially comes across as what I've heard about PUA; the show generally doesn't seem to at all embrace the philosophy but the first 2 eps had some cringey moments.

I actually also have a hard time seeing Aki as unlikeable; on reddit people are using the b-word and I'm just baffled.

Lmao. Your argument is based on people at reddit and what you've "heard" puas do?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

AOT 2 is not gonna be very good based on the material. And the boobstring craze doesn't happen twice.

That leaves just Bahamut and MHA. We need more announcements.

I pledge to all my anime brothers that the boobstring craze is coming back harder than ever.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thick, muscular arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

a normal human being would never even notice being hugged by such massive pecs

He's gonna hug me and I'm going to find out right there and then that I'm abnormal

• Locked thread