Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am hopeful that the Demi-chan adaptation will be good, Maid Dragon should be good, and Nyanko Days makes me think of Nukoduke and Puchimas so unless it has some dark and terrible secret, it's got that going for it.

And that's the shows that I am somewhat interested in and will watch an episode or two of before falling behind and they get added the my massive backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Let's keep this gravy train rollin', I guess.

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/808342422316949509

What is her shirt tucked into?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

nielsm posted:

Four-legged pants with a tail slit, obviously.

Ah, I missed the hem on the pants and just thought she was naturally that color.

Edit: I hope they adapt the first chapter and people get real weird about it.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 12, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The second season of Kabaneri should just be about the strong train driver.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i see he's upgraded from nuns with guns to bishops with blades

Bishops that are also cowboy knights.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

New Demi-chan preview and I am more hype than ever. Dullahan spooky noises are good and strong arms teacher's voice suits his strong arms.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kobayashi sounds perfect. Tooru I am not yet sold on.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I read the first chapter and the most recent chapter and he probably won't pick the maid so it's poo poo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

https://files.catbox.moe/694m55.webm

I've decided Urara Meirochou is good.

Gonna have to throw that one on my list too, I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Demi-chan is good yall.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

nyanko days is a deeply depressing tale of a schoolgirl without friends, who imagines her cats having human like personalities, basically a proto crazy cat lady

Sounds relatable.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The crunchyroll page for Schoolgirl Strikers should just redirect to the page for Symphogear, a good show. I watched the first two minutes of the former and was already bored.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 9, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

please don't judge something as being remotely similar to monster musume literally just because it has the word "monster girls" in the english title

i'm not sure there's any way demi-chan could be further from that

Well it could be horror rather than comedy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm going to write the ANN article about how Demi-chan is a deconstruction of the monster girl genre.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Succubi are not allowed love for any reason.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fangz posted:

relatable

Hello, fellow trash.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is maidragon today?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maid Dragon was good, and I look forward to their adoption of a child next episode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm curious how they'll end up laying out the episodes, since many of the chapters after Kanna is introduced can just go wherever. First episode was about 3 or 4 chapters, so they could end up getting pretty far in.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

This. Having no experience with the manga I was (very pleasantly) surprised at the percentage of jokes that were on this level. They were not shy on going deep with the "Daily life of Office Lady who is jaded by all the nonsense that comes with a programming job" jokes, and it looks like they are only getting started. I selfishly look forward to more even though I know tons of these jokes and references won't ring with many viewers.

The dragon stuff is p funny too, for the record. Good first ep, looks like the potential for Solid Stuff.

Not to shove you away from watching it or anything, since I am excited for it, but daily life of a programmer is not really a big part of the manga so I wouldn't expect it to feature very heavily from here on. They are most likely going to put more focus on the relationship between Kobayashi and Tooru, judging by the first episode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have the blu rays for Eccentric Family sitting on my shelf and am in the same boat. It's me, the guy who buys things and never watched them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

psyer posted:

Also the $5/mo seems to be only a Amazon US thing at this moment and other countries with Amazon Prime will just get those shows as part of their Prime subscription.

Here in America we call that empowering consumers with choice.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Keep on truckin, Fuuka fans.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Madoka cried, anime died

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Now do the opposite.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fangz posted:

so why's there no thread, you jerks

You could say we are all draggin our feet on it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Holy cow that sounds like the best setting for a mystery.

They would not be solving the crime, just determining whether the victim went to Valhalla.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Eccentric Family 2, and then I'll just see if people are liking any other stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'll probably give Frame Arm Girls a try, because I liked Build Fighters.

I don't think it's aiming to be much like Build Fighters op. Just hazarding a guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't believe the Sakura series on steam has gotten successful enough to get an anime.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Armor-Piercing posted:

I even watched a few episodes of that and just forgot about it.

It was worse off for having had a plot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Verizian posted:

Funniest thing about the boobstring craze, there was a month long shortage of ribbons in Manchester, at least 5 stores in Afflecks Palace selling lengths of ribbon for like £3 per 10cm with Hestia's face everywhere on cheaply printed signs. The pole dancing school round the corner advertising Hestia dance lessons, and the assistant manager of my bank walking in one day wearing one with her suit jacket slung over one shoulder.

That's several things but they all add together into a giant ball of wtf.

How do I move to anime town, where you live?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I suppose it's possible Imperial Germany also decorated their HQ like this, but I think it's fair to suppose that they're trying to evoke Nazism here.

Maybe they're just hanging their very long rugs out to dry.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Trigger needs to make more Turning Girls.

Hell, just make it the epilogue of LWA.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Goku

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There needs to be more romantic tension between teacher and teacher, is my opinion.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Interviews with Monster Girls isn't moe. The main character is a middle-aged man.

28 is middle aged now?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No that's zawaii.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I feel like I read 28 somewhere, but in looking for it all I've found so far is him saying he's been teaching for 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

• Locked thread