Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally! a season I don't want to watch a dozen shows, maybe I can get caught up on everything I haven't watched in the last two.

Probably just going to do second seasons -- Rakugo, Ao no Exorcist, Super Lovers. I'll eventually get around to LWA but will probably wait til after the season considering how behind I am on everything I wanted to watch in Fall.

Super-late edit: skipped over ACCA in the list of shows and forgot it was this season, that's a definite watch for me

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
is the rest of the art in that one as repulsive as that cover?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The manga is by Natsume Ono and I'm glad they're maintaining her art style, can't wait for all the whining to start about how ugly everyone is like House of Five Leaves got

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

House of Five Leaves is great and looks cool and unique, I won't stand for badmouthing of it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the first season of Blue Exorcist up to the point when everything went off the rails and jumped over to the manga from there and probably had a better experience for not watching til the end. It's been a long time since I read any of it though so for once I wouldn't mind a bit of recap or something to start off with, because I barely remember who everyone is.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parallax posted:

that looks real skippable

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm really glad there's only four shows I'm interested in this season, because 2016 has been kind of insane. Onihei, Urara Meirochou, Maid Dragon and Little Witch Academia are the only ones I plan to check out, and it feels weird to say this but I really hope there aren't a ton of super good shows I wasn't aware of because I'd quite like to be able to make a dent in my backlog.

it's cracking me up that instead of "there's nothing good this season it all sucks" everyone is like "thank god there's less stuff I want to watch"

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's why I'm not interested

(that and military poo poo is boring af)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

but my only experience with the story is from hearsay so who knows.
same but it was enough to tell me not to watch it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

not really having any hot guys
:confused:
the main dude looked reasonably hot from the PV

I'm probably not going to go out of my way to get hold of it but if it ever shows up on amazon I'll probably watch it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

anime belongs to fujoshi now, and hell, im glad

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agronox posted:

One Chest

lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

yay! I need to get around to finishing the first season at some point.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

yeah same here, it seemed really cool but also pretty dense and at the time it was airing i had too much going on to give it my full attention

yeah, I liked what I watched of it but got distracted and wanted to watch it when I was really in the mood to give it full attention and welp :shobon:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Amazon launches new anime streaming service for new shows it has the rights to, plus older things it has...that is a separate charge from my regular Prime subscription?

Fuckin hell

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/12/amazon-launches-the-first-of-its-own-subscription-vod-channels-anime-strike/?sr_share=facebook

dammit amazon :mad:

at least with hulu losing most/all their simulcast anime and CW shows there's pretty much no reason for me to keep paying for them so I can drop that and switch over.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 12, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Keep on truckin, Fuuka fans.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Gatchamaaaaan

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

"We cannot waste our time on a third Golden Age adaptation, god dammit"

the show was poop from a butt so I didn't bother to watch it but I did appreciate this at least

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
life is but a meme

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

devtesla posted:

I believe in Kabukibu!

yeah gonna have that on my list plus Eccentric Family 2

I will probably also watch the creepy POV boy roommate show lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

when will we be saved from this awful meme

let's deconstruct it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Guy Goodbody posted:

Middle-aged men can't be kawaii.

I've never seen anyone be this wrong before.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Unless a show's going to go all out and make the recap well worth watching, like Utena, I'd actually prefer they do it this way, so that I can just skip it with nothing lost.

yeah I hate recaps and it's annoying to have to skip all the recap just to watch 30 seconds of new stuff between the clips.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

VostokProgram posted:

Will spring have any animes with cute boys besides Natsume yuujinchou

The Kenka Banchou Otome anime will have cute delinquents and Kabukibu! looks promising in the cute boy department. There's also that Love Rice thing and whatever Room Mate Side M is (probably creepy).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I only want to leer at a guy's boobs and rear end tbh

e: poo poo what a snipe

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

objectifying men ftw

season thread title

Everything Burrito