Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I plan on watching Dragon Maid, maybe LWA, and a lot of poo poo on my backlog unless I hear a lot of positive buzz about something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

nielsm posted:

Also the Yuyushiki special.

Ooh, forgot about this. I'll definitely catch it at some point, Yuyushiki's good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They didn't tell me about Japanese aryan-envy in any of my college cultures classes...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Command Ant posted:

I'm still a little surprised by the fact that they gave Kobayashi pink hair. She just doesn't seem like a pink hair character.

Still, I like what I'm seeing.

She's always been pink-haired on the covers of the manga, I think. I can see it, she seems like the type who might dye their hair a weird color.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is she going to date the horse with a boy's face from that new mobile game?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

How the gently caress is Eupho not even nominated for best animation?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dogsicle posted:

I'm gonna guess these nominations were made with a lot of influence from CR's viewing numbers. they've mentioned at least once that S2 of Eupho has been way less popular.

Still a little odd - fuckin' nobody's watching Flip Flappers, and that got the animation nom over Eupho despite looking a bit worse IMO. Granted, it has a more distinct style than Eupho's largely realistic approach, but still.

And of course that's the only nomination Flip Flaps gets. No best couple, no best character, no best op or ed. :sigh:

dogsicle posted:

but also the nominees are dumb, so

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 21, 2016

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okBHQWnYImg

New MaiDragon PV's up. No rapping this time, unfortunately. :(

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Adding BanG Dream to my list, now that I've heard Yuniko Ayana's the series composer. I've really enjoyed all her other work that I've encountered.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Crunchyroll officially picking up MaiDragon and Akiba's Trip.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/816727538374299648

This thing looks sort of like Izetta if Izetta were uglier and replaced its fluffier bits with more cynicism.

Doesn't sound like a great pitch.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The faces in Tanya are really loving ugly.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yesterday I learned that people in Dallas lose their loving minds when we get about a 10th of an inch of snow. Made me very glad I take the train into/out of work.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yesterday I learned that people in Dallas lose their loving minds when we get about a 10th of an inch of snow. Made me very glad I take the train into/out of work.

Oh, wait, this isn't the chat thread.

...Eh. Oh well. :effort:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gave Urara a try. It seems...okay. Don't know if I'll stick with it, but the cast and premise seems alright. Wasn't a great premiere, but neither was New Game's, and I wound up enjoying that quite a bit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Little Witch Academia owns.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I feel like MaiDragon's floor is probably around Amagi Brilliant Park's level, and I enjoyed that show a lot even if it wasn't up there with K-On or any of the big name KyoAni stuff.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gabriel Dropout had a pretty funny first episode, definitely putting it on my list for now.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

I'm hyped.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bad Poopers

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Senpai.moe says it debuts on crunchy in about 13 hours.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nalin posted:

It does not!

...?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nalin posted:

That's not Konosuba, that's the dragon maid anime.

That's what I was talking about - was responding to the posts right before mine.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I have been in a bad mood lately so hopefully the gay dragon anime is good and funny and makes me laugh during my lunch break tomorrow.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Poor dead Flip Flappers.

I'm surprised that Keijo couldn't even beat it, though. I would think "goofy fanservice show about the literal power of T&A" would be an easier sell than "surreal, quirky, queer girl's coming of age story." Certainly felt like I saw more people talking about it.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 11, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

MaiDragon was a lot of fun in pretty much all the exact ways I expected it to be. I really like Tohru's and Kobayashi's VAs so far, I love what KyoAni's done with the original art, and the jokes all landed. Right up there with LWA atop the first week of the season IMO.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This.

Also, I will never pass up an opportunity to spread the gospel of Flip Flappers.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I'm curious how they'll end up laying out the episodes, since many of the chapters after Kanna is introduced can just go wherever. First episode was about 3 or 4 chapters, so they could end up getting pretty far in.

For what it's worth, the Sakuga blog guy's saying that (minor spoilers?) Kanna's Parents Day from like volume 4 is going to be in episode 4, so that certainly suggests that we're going to be rearranging things quite a bit. I'm more interested to see how much original material Kyoani puts in. There were already some bits here and there throughout episode 1.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/pancakeparadox/status/819987853413380096

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Episode 2 was basically as good as any adaptation of that material could ever hope to be. I am utterly defenseless against the all-consuming charm of Kanna and her two mommies.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I really like the adaptation choices KyoAni's made so far. Themes like Tohru basically being a PTSD survivor looking for a quiet place to settle down and her, Kobayashi, and Kanna starting a family together in all but name were obviously there in the manga too, but early on it feels like the show is emphasizing those angles to a significantly greater extent than the manga did. Helps to give the show a warm emotional core to keep you invested in the gags.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

so why's there no thread, you jerks

:effort:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The shot of them all having a pair of shoes at the entrance after Kobayashi basically adopted Kanna was really sweet and not something I remember from the manga. :3:

That bit near the end with Tohru and Kanna chatting about why Tohru's staying with Kobayashi before nuzzling each other was also anime-original IIRC, and also maximum :kimchi:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I rather doubt a very popular show that lots of people watched and paid for got anyone fired.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

devtesla posted:

lol I probably should have made it clearer that I think that guy's insane.

Yeah, I figured. Just talkin.

Fangz posted:

This sounds like a game of internet telephone gone wrong unless someone can find the source. All I find originating this is this guy

https://twitter.com/mczub/status/821862421413253124

Yeah, it seems a little weird considering I follow a fair few CR employees on twitter, all of whom seem to have been tweeting as normal so far today, and I haven't heard anything yet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/NanamisEgg/status/821912707041521665

I've never seen this person until a friend retweeted them onto my timeline, but here's a thread.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Persecuting Nazis is good, and I eagerly await the day they realize that they don't have to be Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Allarion posted:

Bang Dream was pretty cute. I'm sticking with it

Eh, I haven't really clicked with the characters just yet. But Yuniko Ayana is a Good Writer, so I'll absolutely give it a bit more time.

• Locked thread