Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
don't expect too much from akiba's trip, the localization was a pretty big part of why undead & undressed was so good and those people only do video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tanya the evil is a very risky rec cause the manga for it is not very good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the story wasn't as good but it was still beautifully animated and had fun characters

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Postal Parcel posted:

So, what is the timeline for the _;_ series?

Chaos;Head -> Steins;Gate -> Chaos;Child ?

nothing

there is no timeline for the science adventure series, they are not connected at all

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Philosopher King posted:

So when is that new code geass coming out and why hasn't anyone been saying anything about it?

people said a ton of things about it when it was announced, and people have stopped saying things about it cause there's basically nothing to say until it airs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Anytime anyone mentions Super Lovers I get this stuck in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHi5jDEqPB0

the band that did this song broke up before their first concert in america

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah i'd love to be optimistic but trigger's kind of shown several times that they are very bad at staying on-course with a full-length epic adventure story. the only one they didn't majorly screw up was luluco, even ninja slayer didn't turn out so great and i'm not even that down on it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah that's what i'm hoping too, it would even make more sense since then they could do it as a project for a whole bunch of different people to direct their own episodes without being tied down by an existing plot to follow which i think would ultimately be a lot more interesting to watch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Parallax posted:

also it's not really fair to judge based on trigger's other works since this is yoshinari's first full series as director, right?

i don't think yoshinari is directing, is the problem

there are a few key staff who worked on the movies that aren't working on the show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
plenty of people watched kiznaiver though? i was pretty disappointed with it cause i feel like the best stuff came like right in the middle and everything before and after that kind of paled for not giving the rest of the cast anywhere near the same development, doubt that'll be an issue with lwa though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i remember hearing kiznaiver had like twenty different producers but i don't actually know where to look that up. i guess it would make sense because it just had a general problem with never really settling on what it wanted to be until the very end, a lot of time was diverted into conspiracy stuff that never actually ended up being very interesting or important to the characters outside of one character who only really gets any development at the very end

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 11, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
"under-developed" is an understatement, imo. i feel like honoka is the only one who actually really learned and had anything meaningful to say at the end, and i don't think they ever even settled on a personality for the masochist dude cause he just weirdly shuffled around in a few scenes towards the end. like, he was supposed to be super chill and friendly but kinda weird i think? and he says he doesn't like emotional pain? but then for one specific moment he makes somebody feel bad and is shown to enjoy it, and they never mention that again???

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 11, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
both ovas are less than an hour so watching them together takes like an hour and ten minutes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the ridiculousness was the weakest part of kiznaiver, it spent more time on it than it did on actual character work and it deflated the ending pretty badly

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I stopped watching Kiznaiver after the scene on the beach and felt like that was a perfect ending to the show - it left the conspiracy stuff unresolved, but whatever, it felt good and I didn't want to move on from there.

yeah i really don't think you missed anything, honoka's arc is absolutely fantastic and while agata does get some character work none of it is anywhere near as good and the way they handle honoka after it is pretty frustrating, mainly in the context of her backstory and the parts about it they completely drop, not even purely to do with her sexuality but specifically the earlier parallels with her relationship with yuta and the relationship between the main character and her boyfriend in her manga

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 12, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
gainax didn't turn into konami, i mean after all, konami has money

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to boycott gainax's condo and buy NOTHING from their tomato garden

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GorfZaplen posted:

I don't know anything about what genre this is or what it's really about but it looks great and I'm sold

shingo natsume is directing so expect it to have some crazy visual flair in general

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it'll be cool to see natsume work on something not quite as insane as one-punch man or the episodes of space dandy he worked on again, the only thing like that i've seen that he worked on was episode 4 of welcome to the nhk which, uh, sure was split between his weirdly stylized cuts and outsourced cuts that were actually just really ugly and off-model in a way that did not look remotely good even viewing it separate from the rest of the show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i admire a woman who pierces the hearts of her foes with her giant cones

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah i've never watched saint seiya but it seems like goofy armor just comes with the series

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this crunchyroll poll sucks. they didn't even pick the coolest scene from mob psycho

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
basing nominations for things like best animation off of viewership is, well, it's loving stupid!

i'm glad flip flappers got nominated i guess but the general lack of variety just because of a few super popular shows is really annoying

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna say it, re:zero is a better drama than erased or kiznaiver

also yuri on ice has an amazing opening that definitely fits, but i don't think the ending is as good and i think you could find a better pick for its slot

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah it's weird that they picked that over literally any other couple. i don't really know why erased placed so high in general, it has some really cool aspects but i feel like its popularity has faded pretty hard since it finished airing and there have been quite a few better drama shows

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
erased was alright, it had some neat moments and occasionally did interesting stuff stylistically (and the ed is really really good and done by the same guy as the occultic;nine op) but i don't think it deserves to be nominated for the best drama of the year over a show like euphonium s2 that consistently knocks it out of the park in pretty much every possible way. if i'd pick anything to nominate it for it really would be its op and ed, lol

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 21, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i feel like the op and ed were both the big parts of erased that actually did have lots of cool visual flair, and the ed is just genuinely fantastic on its own and it's weird to me that of all the things to nominate erased for, the ed wasn't one of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPABBsm9ND4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Agronox posted:

Was Amagi that popular?

Would it win the crown of "KyoAni's Thirstiest Series?"

no because maid dragon is airing next season

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GorfZaplen posted:

They usually are

*pops into room*

Not Utena!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna watch lwa, acca and maid dragon and spend the rest of this season watching older shows

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's cause 1940s guns look cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'd watch a show about a magical girl shooting people with a tommy gun

not a grimdark one or, like, youjo senki though, just a regular magical girl show but with a tommy gun

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
flip flappers and hand shakers, the two shows announced alongside each other, one went on to become legend and the other is going to become a show even less people will watch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cake Attack posted:

cant believe hand shakers is going to become legend

cake attack!!!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
akiba's trip does the character interaction stuff i like in undead & undressed pretty well but the art and animation is really inconsistent and the fanservice gets weirder than the weirdest parts of undead & undressed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm pretty mixed on the akiba's trip anime cause while i like the cast and it looks like it'll have the kind of goofy character stuff i liked in undead & undressed, even for an anime based on a pretty fanservicey game, i feel like the way it handled the fanservice got weird sometimes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Fuuka is the sequel to kimi no iru machi, right? So if you liked that, same thing.

From what I've heard. I hate kimi with a passion, so I'll never read or watch fuuka.

no, it's the sequel to suzuka

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
demi-chan anime is ridiculously good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'll make the demi-chan thread, i don't think we're gonna reopen a thread that got closed because it was just fetishy art

• Locked thread