Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
on second thought i'm gonna let someone else make the demi-chan anime thread. i don't really feel like i can make a good op for it for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab posted:

monster girl fanservice thread for boom to live in

wow, it's official guys, namtab is giga old and behind the times *puts on led sunglasses and skates away on flying surf board*

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Lttielorv is good i support him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

good shot, imo

what is this, the prequel to bayonetta

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first episode of lwa is better than the first episode of any other show they've made so far

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lwa anime will probably cover the plots of the two shorts but you should still watch them anyway because the first one is great and the second one is very pretty

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the trio of girls all have good designs but i can't remember them doing much and yeah akko is kind of an rear end in a top hat during it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
were you actually worried it was going to be like monster musume lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowwan posted:

I wouldn't use worry, but that's why it wasn't on my radar. I saw monster girls and went on the the next thing.

please don't judge something as being remotely similar to monster musume literally just because it has the word "monster girls" in the english title

i'm not sure there's any way demi-chan could be further from that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

z0glin Warchief posted:

Strength comes in many forms.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
how is it that hand shakers and flip flappers were announced on the same day, both with silly names by studios nobody's heard of, and have already ended up being polar opposites of each other

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cake Attack posted:

i think i already did that troll

you did, STUPID

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Davincie posted:

its almost as bad as flip flappers

davincie

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

El Burbo posted:

More like flip floppers haha

I'm coming for you Burbo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
episode 2 of akiba's trip was ???

i don't know if i'm going to keep watching this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean, if you just want yuri overtones then there are better shows to watch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I haven't watched any anime in at least a year before this season, what are these yuri overtones shows that are good

Flip Flappers, Symphogear and New Game, though New Game mostly focuses on a larger cast with only one actual couple

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
controversial: utena is gay but, the show is less gay than flip flappers or symphogear, if we are counting based on raw gay-per-second and how many scenes have people singing about how much they love each other while deflecting giant razor blades

it's a good show though you should watch it and i'm mostly joking

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 11, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kytrarewn posted:

Akiba Strip was... ok. Bit more aggressive with the fanservice this week, but it also brought in a bit of the ridiculous world-building that I liked in the Vita game with that whole "OMG It's Akiba's #1 freelance maid!" thing.

the thing that bothers me is that the character stuff just isn't as fun to watch as it is in undead & undressed, the game didn't have amazing character writing but i feel like there was more charm to it than there is to the anime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
konosuba 2 is way better than akiba's trip, the animation is pretty drat messy but the facial expressions are perfect and that's what matters

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
maidragon is decent

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/819945177041268736

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah without spoiling anything if you're watching fuuka then be prepared for drama

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The real question is which bicycling anime will be the best bicycling anime this season

the answer is...

over drive

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nipponophile posted:

Seconded. The LWA OVA, along with the ROD OVA, are things that I will wholeheartedly recommend to anyone without reservation, and if you do not watch and enjoy them, then we can never be friends.

same, but also re: cutie honey

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
finally a magical girl show that doesn't try to be dark *quietly shoves aside 75% of magical girl anime released in the last five years*

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

Finally, an anime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yo I watched seven episodes of Sailor Moon in 1999 and all of Madoka, here's my thoughts on the state of the magical girl genre *vomits a thin grey slurry*

now watch 46 episodes of 1991 sailor moon in 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface posted:

Oh crap I totally forgot Akiba's Trip was getting an anime and that it has already started. I hope it is like the Persona 4/Neptunia ones which were cheesy yet still entertaining.

it's not the same cast as the game and the original cast for it is a lot less fun, and it's a lot weirder than the game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
who cares about what they do to the plot of eureka seven ao

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he linked to threadid 380594 by accident

the tanya thread is 3805941

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i didn't watch eureka seven ao and i never will so nothing about it affects me

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's boring and bad and should be avoided at all costs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean, he's angry they didn't promote kumamiko, so is there really any question

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kytrarewn posted:

So the three girls in Akiba Strip are voiced by the same people as the three main characters in Sore ga Seiyuu, and they were credited as the idol group they formed in that show.

I wonder if they brought all 3 on just for the purposes of making that joke, or if "Earphones" is actually succeeding as an idol group in Japan.

Either way, it's kinda cool.

akiba's trip is the same staff who made sore ga seiyuu apparently so that's probably why

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the anime was announced first but morishima's manga began publication earlier

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

that sounds kind of grotesque, unless kyoani really is such an environment

one of the big reasons kyoani shows are as well made as they are is because they, as a studio, are historically ridiculously good at keeping their poo poo together

i dunno about stress-free, but they treat their employees better than lots of other studios. a big example is the drama that came up a while back about how pa works treats inbetweeners, that's just common practice at a few studios because of weird views on what the job is about, and was actually carried over from practices at production ig. afaik kyoani's a lot more lax on that than lots of other studios

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 20, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

AnoHito posted:

Wasn't that 'drama' just one lady complaining because PA Works was pretty much trying to politely tell her she should leave and also not understanding that being an inbetweener is more of a part time job that leads to being a real animator? I remember her getting called out on it by a bunch of other animators.

i'm not really a huge expert on the subject but there was a big post on sakugablog about it explaining why pa works isn't a bad studio but also why the situation was kind of hosed up and the industry has a pretty unfair view of inbetweening

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/11/08/anime-craft-weekly-18-pa-worls-but-not-really/

basically, inbetweening is definitely viewed pretty unfavorably, but that kind of ends up being an excuse to treat people who do the job like poo poo for something that still places them under a pretty heavy load, pa works just has it a practice to treat them better for a few years before deciding to lay down the hammer

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 20, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Xelkelvos posted:

I believe this is the case. The manga starts a lot differently from the anime but by the time the anime gets going, the manga starts to bring the anime plot lines in halfway through (like the invisible storm as well as the introduction of the glasses Yuri) and it presumably resolves the same way (I dropped Yurikuma around episode 3).

generally people who hate the anime seem to love the manga so i doubt they end up being quite the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think there's a single show this season that passes the three episode test with more flying colors than little witch academia

https://files.catbox.moe/auhpmp.mp4

• Locked thread